BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2013 10:01 am  #21

Re: Is there any chance Jim might have survived?

beekeeper wrote:

Also there is the Moriaty thing that happens where every time there is a crime, its Moriaty. That gets kind of dull

You are right. They don't do that either. They can tell some background story. They already did with the Carl Powers case. Their first case together and their last one.

Richard Brook is a real person, not a black and white villain in a tale. Every fairy tale needs a good old fashioned villian. It's sarcasm. Nice touch. We might see some tiny humanization of Richard. Already have seen it. And Sherlock is not a hero who is right 100 percent. Sherlock did say so. "There is always something."

Mofftiss play with clichees like Doyle did in the original stories. Something like the murderer is always the gardener. When he has convinced you that it must be the gardener again it will be wrong. Make the hero into the doofus and change the villian into something else, too.

I don't want to spoil. Work it out. The evidence is there. It's a bit like being in Plato's cave. You want to tell but you don't want to spoil. You start being cryptic. Sherlockian feelings. What shall I do?
They have already been in a cave lately. Have you seen the picture on twitter?
I start to sound like a fool, don't I?
Ignore me.

Last edited by Be (April 25, 2013 10:38 am)

April 25, 2013 4:12 pm  #22

I know there are tons of different theories regarding Moriarty and whether or not Andrew's character was the real one. Now, assuming that he was, I don't think it's so much a question whether he could have survived as it is whether the creators of the series wanted him to. Most of us, including myself, do not think they intend to bring him back.

I will have to join that corner, though.

“Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?"

April 25, 2013 4:13 pm  #23

Be wrote:

It's a bit like being in Plato's cave. You want to tell but you don't want to spoil.

Now, if you have seen the sun, please enlighten me.

Last edited by Q. (April 25, 2013 4:17 pm)

“Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?"

April 25, 2013 4:14 pm  #24

Be wrote:

Richard Brook is a real person, not a black and white villain in a tale. Every fairy tale needs a good old fashioned villian. It's sarcasm. Nice touch. We might see some tiny humanization of Richard. Already have seen it. ....

I don't want to spoil.....

I seriously doubt anyone will be humanizing the psychopath.  That was the difference between Sherlock and Jim, Sherlock isn't either a psycho or sociopath.  Jim was.  And I wouldn't worry too much about "spoiling" anything. 

Jim Moriarty will be back in flashbacks, I imagine.  It's the sibling I'm looking forward to.  But not for a while.

Last edited by MysteriaSleuthbedder (April 25, 2013 4:14 pm)

May 25, 2013 4:41 pm  #25

I think he survived because Sherlock doesn't tell John that he lives so John and his other friends are still in danger.
(Sorry for my bad english)

May 25, 2013 4:51 pm  #26

I don't see how he could've survived. That gunshot in his mouth seemed pretty final to me. At least with Sherlock's fall there was definately room to manouvre for him but Jim must be dead.

I guess I like it that way though. Jim was epic and it 's good to remember him that way. Last thing we want is a recycling on villains because the show would go downhill.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

Board footera