BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2013 7:49 pm  #21

Re: Subtext

In #17 I saw this light effect:

Obsessed, I know 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 20, 2013 10:11 am  #22

Oh, and how could I have forgotten about this one?
(I can literally hear John thinking and deciding to not say it out loud.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 20, 2013 10:56 am  #23

tobeornot221b wrote:

Oh, and how could I have forgotten about this one?
(I can literally hear John thinking and deciding to not say it out loud.)

You mean the "L" word, Tobe? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 20, 2013 11:01 am  #24

Hmmm...possible.
And something like: "You still don't understand anything, Sherlock, do you? And I'm not going to explain it right know. Instead I will give you an advice even a three-year-old would understand: Just try to keep a low profile etc etc...!"

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 20, 2013 11:12 am  #25

John knows that Sherlock doesn't understand sentiment and if he tried to explain it would probably lead to an endless discussion. He also doesn't like to talk about his own emotions, so he just says nothing except "keep a low profile". It's a cute scene (and depressing of course, if you consider what happens later).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

May 24, 2013 8:14 pm  #26

I have the strong feeling that Stephen Thompson is already making fun of us vacant TV viewers at the very beginning of TRF:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera