BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 24, 2013 11:58 am  #2041

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

KeepersPrice wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...you know it's late and you're tired, but you say to yourself "screw you sleep" and stay up watching Sherlock vids...a.k.a, me right now 

I do that too, DragonB, but it's usually because I'm reading fanfic (mostly Johnlock) and can't stop.

Both, but I read my fanfics on my mobile so I can read in my bed. I often wake up with the fanfiction still on the screen, because I fell asleep reading

Last edited by Mell92 (May 24, 2013 11:59 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

May 24, 2013 1:35 pm  #2042

KeepersPrice wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...you know it's late and you're tired, but you say to yourself "screw you sleep" and stay up watching Sherlock vids...a.k.a, me right now 

I do that too, DragonB, but it's usually because I'm reading fanfic (mostly Johnlock) and can't stop.

Ah, I've been doing that as well lately, there are some talented fans out there . I just finished reading a novel-length Johnlock fan fic, it was quite good. 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 24, 2013 3:45 pm  #2043

Not so much Sherlock but Benedict.
I was at a book launch at the local Waterstones last night.
I kept being distracted, cos I spotted Parade's End  on a  shelf!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 29, 2013 5:50 pm  #2044

You know you're sherlocked, when you watch a short little humor clip online, and when one of the characters jokingly says 'we're not falling, we're flying!' you cringe in a way the maker probably didn't intend…..   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 31, 2013 9:05 am  #2045

You know you're obsessed when...you're so absorbed in the Johnlock fanfiction you're reading that you don't realize, until you look at your clock, that it's past 5am and you never went to bed...and you're not even tired because you're so drawn into the story!  And like I mentioned before, a.k.a, me right now 

-------------------------------------------------------

June 3, 2013 4:20 am  #2046

Ok, this one's kinda silly, but....   you know you've been sherlocked when you leave the store and walk out the parking lot to your car.  And then suddenly stop short with a 'what the...?' reaction, as there is a foot-long yellow line painted on the ground at the end of your parking space you don't remember seeing before.  And instead of ignoring it like a normal person, you amusedly wonder if ninjas have targeted your car, and how you're going to post about it later to share the amusement with the only other people who would 'get' it.... 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

June 3, 2013 4:50 am  #2047

That sounds suspicious, Russel. Have you checked your car in every angle? Not that it's been attacked by ninjas... you never know. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 3, 2013 5:10 am  #2048

Well..... um....  the 'check engine' little picture light has gone on and off lately?       

June 3, 2013 7:49 am  #2049

You know you are obsessed when you put up your coat collar on the way to work and can't stop grinning. (And it is not even cold enough to be wearing a coat :D)

June 6, 2013 11:44 pm  #2050

You tell people you need to go to your Mind Palace when they are distracting you

June 7, 2013 12:09 am  #2051

...when Benedict is mentioned or comes onto a screen, you just start grinning like an idiot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

June 7, 2013 8:10 am  #2052

When you see an ad on tv "Staying alive - 50 years Bee Gees" and all you can think of is Moriarty.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 7, 2013 8:47 am  #2053

When you've only been watching for a few weeks and am suddenly saying 'obviously' when making a point. I never used to do that!

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

June 7, 2013 11:01 am  #2054

As long as you don't start spontaneously saying 'idiot' or 'moron'! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 7, 2013 2:53 pm  #2055

Ummm.... I'm using both "obviously" and "idiot"... 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 7, 2013 4:16 pm  #2056

Davina wrote:

As long as you don't start spontaneously saying 'idiot' or 'moron'! 

I'll let you know if I do x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

June 8, 2013 7:49 am  #2057

When you are waiting for the train and try to make deductions on everyone you see, notice you are really bad. But still can't stop doingt it! And you end up with a massive headache. ;)
Also the Sherlock score plays in your head the whole time.

June 8, 2013 5:33 pm  #2058

... you can't eat an apple before carving an IOU into it. And then of course you think it's too beautiful to eat it.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 8, 2013 5:44 pm  #2059

Hehe, I know exactly what you mean. Felt the same when I  one day"edited" my chocolat marshmellows the same way. Couldn't eat them afterwards.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 8, 2013 9:47 pm  #2060

Does this count?
I can not decide if I should go ahead and buy the Casebook and DVD's or wait until they are all updated with Series 3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera