BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2013 12:13 pm  #21

Re: My first fanfic

SusiGo wrote:

Mr Holmes, please find the missing pages of my manuscript. DULL!
I have an idea how it happened and it's entirely my fault. Can't even blame the computer.

Promise him a cigarette for the trouble of finding them for you... Guaranteed he will be all over you!

Hope you found the pages, or at least had chance to rewrite them. There is nothing more irritating than losing pages of prose. I bought a 1TB external hard drive to prevent such loss... Mostly because my colleagues and loved ones can't stand the swearing or the black moods when that happens!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 28, 2013 12:34 pm  #22

Should have tried that. 

I found some pages and had to rewrite the rest but it went quite well. I think I shall buy an external hard drive, too. My fault. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 28, 2013 3:22 pm  #23

SusiGo wrote:

Should have tried that. 

I found some pages and had to rewrite the rest but it went quite well. I think I shall buy an external hard drive, too. My fault. 

Got 1TB external hard drive from Amazon for £70. Works like a charm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 28, 2013 3:24 pm  #24

I just ordered one from Toshiba . Should work with my iMac. At least I hope so. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 28, 2013 3:24 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 28, 2013 3:35 pm  #25

I  should have written that it is also possible to buy local... 
Anyway, external hard drives are in fact reassuring to have.
Esp. when you have also the full Sherlock on it. Just to make sure 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 28, 2013 4:08 pm  #26

Pictures, music, videos.... my computer didn't work properly anymore.
Have a 1TB external, too. Perfect!! Media Markt, special offer. ;-)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 28, 2013 4:16 pm  #27

SusiGo, this is great! Sherlock with herbal tea and mulling over relationships, indeed!

I'm still laughing! Glad there's no one else here or they would think I've lost my mind. Excellent story, really gives us an insight! You have shown us how special John Watson really is :D

Keep going!

Last edited by crazybbcamerican (January 28, 2013 4:18 pm)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

January 28, 2013 4:39 pm  #28

Thank you very much. It was great fun to write it. If I have time and ideas I'll have another go. 

January 29, 2013 12:31 pm  #29

Wonderful! Loved that, I could see him speaking while I was reading you captured the spirit of Mr. Holmes!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

January 29, 2013 12:32 pm  #30

Thank you so much, that makes me really happy. 

May 24, 2013 11:45 am  #31

Hi SusiGo,
I have just discovered your fic and read it. I like it and had to laugh several times.
I expected while reading that the story would end with John's point of view. Not that he is a saint, but to see that these men just complement each other.

Never mind, thank you for posting. Will you write another one?

May 24, 2013 11:48 am  #32

I'm glad you like it. I've been very busy recently so there was no time for another one. But when I have the right idea and time enough I'll give it a try. 

Board footera