BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2013 11:16 am  #741

Re: Star Trek

I cionfess I was treated and I'm not expecting to see it again until the DVD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 19, 2013 11:16 am  #742

Mary Me wrote:

I spent all my money for this month on the cinema. Benedict's making me poor.

Me too. Believe it or not. All those trains and popcorn and stuff...... But it's worth it.
Wasn't it you who shouted yesterday the movie might never end?? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 19, 2013 11:29 am  #743

Mattlocked wrote:

Wasn't it you who shouted yesterday the movie might never end?? 

Mary Me wrote:

Sooo looking forward to it! (Please let that movie never come to an end...)

B*tch, I might be! 
But yeah, it's really worth it. I have to convince my dad now to watch the movie with me. Only to prove him how great Benedict is and that my.. erm... excitement is totally justified.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 19, 2013 11:36 am  #744

And he could pay this time, right? 

May 19, 2013 11:42 am  #745

Right. Now it's his turn to pay.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 19, 2013 12:53 pm  #746

Girlie's 'not bovvered' about seeing it. She insists I'm obsessed with Benedict!  ( I'm not by the way. I have been a member of this forum long enough to recognise obsession when I see it!  ) I do think he is an amazingly talented actor. Hubby seems quite keen on seeing the film, having seen, and enjoyed, the previous one. Girlie is coming along to watch, probably because she's on a promise of an Italian meal afterwards! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 19, 2013 9:00 pm  #747

Well! Finally! We all really enjoyed it! Benedict was great and I have to say I thought the performances were great all round. Karl Urban is so like the original Bones it is a bit uncanny! A few plot holes but very good! Simon Pegg's delivery of funny lines is just perfect!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 20, 2013 1:27 am  #748

We went, we saw, we loved it!  It was more than good: KeepersPrice and I had a great time--the movie was great and so was dinner after.  The movie was much better than I thought it would be--I"m glad to say it surpassed my expectations.

Now we're planning to go to a Star Trek convention in Boston that is, conveniently, two weeks away from this weekend.  Hoping to get some ST:ID stuff there. 

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (May 20, 2013 1:28 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

May 20, 2013 10:23 am  #749

Have no idea where to put this, I think here it's fine...

May 20, 2013 11:15 am  #750

Saw it yesterday with Sherli Bakerst and loved it.  On the edge of my seat through most all of it and loved all the plot twists.  Definitely need to see it again in a calmer state of mind .  But just heard on the morning news that, while the film is #1 in the US right now, it grossed $30 million less than expected over the weekend.  Hmmm, the theater was a bit empty yesterday at the 3:30 showing.  Sherli and I had been worried we wouldn't get good seats because of a crowd. Come on you Baby Boomer Trekies!Get out there and support this movie.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 24, 2013 7:43 am  #751

I'm going to watch it today with my dad again! Fourth time!
A small extract from the conversation we just had:

Dad: "Tell me again, why am I going to watch this movie at all?"
Me: "Listen, dad. You think it's about me fangirling about Benedict and you paying the tickets, but you're wrong. It's about the father-daughter relationship. It's about you and me watching a movie, which is a really good movie by the way, and having fun. Apart from that, your work is hard and you need to relax. Going to the cinema is the perfect distraction. Trust me, you won't regret it."

Hell, I'm so good at manipulating people, it scares me. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 24, 2013 9:15 am  #752

Mary Me wrote:

I'm going to watch it today with my dad again! Fourth time!
A small extract from the conversation we just had:

Dad: "Tell me again, why am I going to watch this movie at all?"
Me: "Listen, dad. You think it's about me fangirling about Benedict and you paying the tickets, but you're wrong. It's about the father-daughter relationship. It's about you and me watching a movie, which is a really good movie by the way, and having fun. Apart from that, your work is hard and you need to relax. Going to the cinema is the perfect distraction. Trust me, you won't regret it."

Hell, I'm so good at manipulating people, it scares me. 

You've learned from the best.  Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 24, 2013 10:37 am  #753

If I were your dad, I wouldn't buy that, keep it to myself and go with you anyway 

Last edited by Harriet (May 24, 2013 10:37 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 24, 2013 10:42 am  #754

Harriet wrote:

If I were your dad, I wouldn't buy that, keep it to myself and go with you anyway

I'm sure that's what he did.

I watched it a week ago and now I want to watch it again, only I don't know with whom. And I want to watch it in english again but in the english cinema it's only available in 3D and that's so expensive... Going to do it anyway!

May 24, 2013 10:43 am  #755

Harriet wrote:

Don't make him any ideas, I've got the suspicion that he didn't fully buy it. o.Ô

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 24, 2013 10:44 am  #756

Exactly, Harriet.
And I'm quite sure it went that way. 

May 24, 2013 10:47 am  #757

A decent bloke, your dad 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 24, 2013 11:26 am  #758

It's not in theatres in Belgium, yet I can't wait, though!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

May 24, 2013 3:35 pm  #759

You'll love it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 24, 2013 3:40 pm  #760

I wish I could get my parents to watch it with my and pay. My mother even watched the series when she was younger but unfortunatly they both don't like violence and action at all.

Board footera