BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2012 7:48 pm  #41

Re: Funniest Moment in The Reichenbach Fall

The whole court and tower scenes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 16, 2013 10:00 pm  #42

Only today I noticed a little funny thing in TRF.
There are actually two faces to be seen in the mirror (the yellow one is a bit pale..)
Which one does Sherlock regard as "my face"?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 16, 2013 10:22 pm  #43

Very good, Tobe.
It's my face. I painted it on the wall and shot it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 11, 2013 8:43 pm  #44

Tonight I watched TRF again and I noticed this funny "rope" reference:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 11, 2013 9:09 pm  #45

And I never knew there were so many "falls" in "The Reichenbach Fall"

Rain:

and these:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 12, 2013 10:53 am  #46

Mattlocked wrote:

This seems to be a "funny" moment... Obviously after Reichenbach Fall

you know, it was actually raining at the end of that scene

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

April 12, 2013 6:23 pm  #47

It is actually a really funny episode

I do think the last scene, with Mrs Hudson, is the funniest. ("I'm not actually THAT angry.".). She does steal every scene, Mrs Hudson.

I also like the drive to the court. "I'll just be myself.". "Have you been listening to a word I've said?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

May 21, 2013 3:38 pm  #48

There is a split second when Sherlock is starting his escape from the police - The look on Lestrads face when Sherlock tells everyone to get on their knees.

Of course Lestrad gives them a bit of a head start before telling the police to go after them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

May 21, 2013 3:58 pm  #49

I *just caught this bit - John has found out Mrs, Hudson is ok, realizes Sherlock isn't, takes a cab from someone saying "Police" mumbling "sort of"   I'd never properly heard the "sort of" comment before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

May 21, 2013 5:07 pm  #50

John to Mycroft, when Mycroft mentions the sibling rivalry: "Nicked all your smurfs?"

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 21, 2013 10:14 pm  #51

kazza474 wrote:

drummerchickSH wrote:

The staying alive music :D I'm not the only one with it as my ring tone

I'm tragic, I have that AND the Irene Adler message tone.

Haha, really? xD...Cool!  

A favourite funny moment of mine is something Lestrade says, after the scene where the little girl screams when Sherlock walks in, Lestrade says something like "I always feel like screaming when you walk into a room." That cracked me up for some reason xD.
Also these parts make me laugh too;

John Watson: Remember what they told you: don't try to be clever...

Sherlock Holmes: No.

John Watson: ...and please just keep it simple and brief.

Sherlock Holmes: God forbid the star witness at the trial should come across as intelligent.

John Watson: Intelligent, fine. Let's give smartarse a wide berth.

Sherlock Holmes: [pause] I'll just be myself.

John Watson: Are you *listening* to me?

~

Sherlock Holmes: Linseed oil.

Anderson: Not much use. Doesn't lead us to the kidnapper.

Sherlock Holmes: Brilliant, Anderson.

Anderson: Really?

Sherlock Holmes: Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot.

-------------------------------------------------------

May 22, 2013 7:32 am  #52

John is, of course, imply that Sherlock is a smartarse in this retort. I also think there is more than a grain of truth in the quip Lestrade makes. Do the German members find the use of 'idiot' a bigger insult than, say, we in the UK do? I think you do.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 22, 2013 3:02 pm  #53

I think we do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 22, 2013 3:03 pm  #54

Yes, I think it's a bit stronger in German. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 23, 2013 1:25 pm  #55

Well, I'd say that depends (on who says it at which point of time). It's certainly no compliment. But if you wanted to be sure you'd probably use 'Trottel' rather than 'Idiot' in German, it has a more indearing quality to it I'd say. Is Idiot quite casual in English then? I'd be curious to know.

May 23, 2013 2:10 pm  #56

I always thought it was the same?
I would use the German 'Idiot' in a mocking way or as in 'I should be angry with you for doing this but I am not really'.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

May 23, 2013 2:33 pm  #57

Depending on the circumstance it can be used strongly in English, however it is not really a strong insult. People would not be insulted if you casually called them an idiot, or fool. Calling oneself an idiot, for example, will often be accompanied with a smile or laugh.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 5, 2013 1:43 pm  #58

Sam wrote:

LaconicLurker wrote:

Also, it's pretty hilarious when John, rather nonplussed, walks by the mannequin hanging in the flat and asks Sherlock, "Did you just talk to him for a really long time?"

LOVE this!! Bahahaha

Yes, especially in retrospect when we know that this is exactly what happend to Moriarty.
Except that it was suicide. Or was it?

Last edited by Be (September 5, 2013 1:45 pm)

September 5, 2013 3:29 pm  #59

Not being funny but, hell, did you see her?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 11, 2013 8:52 am  #60

The scene in the washing room with Kitty is really nice.

Kitty: I'm a big fan.
Sherlock: Evidently.

Too much evidence to be true. Sarcasm.

Board footera