BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2012 6:01 pm  #1

Phil Davis

I have just seen tonight's episode of 'Silk' advertised and Phil Davis appears to be in it.

(apologies if I have spelled his surname incorrectly)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 22, 2012 6:21 pm  #2

Re: Phil Davis

I think Phil Davis is also one of the actors listed in the TV Choice voting I have posted about in Latest News topic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 23, 2012 3:24 am  #3

Yes, he's in Whitechapel.

Hate to say, I'm not too thrilled about his acting actually. Probably just me, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 23, 2012 7:13 am  #4

He does seem to be somewhat type cast into the same sort of roles. Perhaps it's the accent. There's always a niche for a cockney actor.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 12, 2012 7:07 pm  #5

Was he the taxi driver? He was soooo good. It's almost a shame he can't appear any more in the series. But then, again, his character was sooooo bad, he just had to go.

October 19, 2012 4:42 pm  #6

Phil is in the next series of Being Human. Just finished filming.

February 1, 2013 11:48 am  #7

Just watching Agatha Christie's Miss Marple Sleeping Murder and spotted Una Stubbs and now Phil Davis has appeared playing the part of a psychiatrist and family friend of the heroine.

August 1, 2013 2:42 pm  #8

Watching him in Being Human Series 5 right now

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

February 21, 2014 11:47 am  #9

I love Phil Davis, I think he's an amazing actor and very underrated.
Unfortunately the axe has fallen on Whitechapel and they're not making any more - I'd love to see him back on TV in something really great

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 11, 2014 10:18 am  #10

Phil Davis is in the film Outside Bet with, amongst others, Jenny Agutter and Bob Hoskins. I watched it on TV last night.

March 11, 2014 11:54 am  #11

Along with Ray Winstone and Mark Strong; thought he was brilliant as one of the three leads in Births, Mariages and Deaths. 

March 13, 2014 5:06 pm  #12

He was in Death in Paradise that I watched today. It is, to my mind, a rather pedestrian series.

Board footera