BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2013 2:13 pm  #861

Re: Chit-chat

Oh yeah, there was much setlock yesterday  Not that I would complain...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 22, 2013 4:38 pm  #862

My final exams are finally over! (Except violin but it's another school so it doesn't count...)

And now I will have to decide on my future >.< The most difficult decision ever. I have no idea what I want to do... xD

ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ᴥส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

May 22, 2013 4:47 pm  #863

AndyO. wrote:

My final exams are finally over! (Except violin but it's another school so it doesn't count...)

And now I will have to decide on my future >.< The most difficult decision ever. I have no idea what I want to do... xD

Me neither. However, I have enough time left to make a decision. Maybe it's easier to think of something you're good at. Good luck!  

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 26, 2013 2:30 pm  #864

Beautiful weather here today. Off to the neighbours' for some drinkies in a minute! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 26, 2013 2:33 pm  #865

Davina wrote:

Beautiful weather here today. Off to the neighbours' for some drinkies in a minute!

I envy you. It's raining here. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 26, 2013 6:28 pm  #866

Oh...what a shame! We have had a lot of rain in the past few days but yesterday, today and tomorrow are fine, warm days. About time too, I must say. Fingers crossed for better weather for you soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 26, 2013 9:20 pm  #867

Thanks, Davina! Just watched Reichenbach with my family. I'm upset because they refused to watch it in english.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 26, 2013 11:34 pm  #868

Mary Me wrote:

Thanks, Davina! Just watched Reichenbach with my family. I'm upset because they refused to watch it in english.

Maybe they wanted to understand what was being said, lolol.

Hey, I'm  a native speaker, and I still didn't get all the dialogue in Reichenbach until I bought the DVDs and put on the English subtitles. Lots of Brit mumbling and Brit slang and very very fast speaking going on, so I missed maybe 10% of what was being said until I finally was able to read it while watching. I sympathize with your German-speaking family! *smile*

May 27, 2013 7:24 am  #869

Mumbling? Veryveryveryveryfastfastfastspeaking? Don't know what you mean? 

May 27, 2013 10:23 am  #870

Davina wrote:

Mumbling? Veryveryveryveryfastfastfastspeaking? Don't know what you mean?

We Americans mumble and talk too fast, too, but we do it in our own accents, so we can understand ourselves, lol. Funny how it takes a while to get your ears acclimated to a different accent-- same language, but the inflections and rhythms are all different. I can watch Sherlock now and not be quite as  clueless as I was in the beginning.... or maybe I just have all the dialogue memorized from frequent viewing!

May 27, 2013 8:01 pm  #871

ancientsgate wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Maybe they wanted to understand what was being said, lolol.

That might have been their intention!  

Anyway, I've just registered to another Sherlock forum, though it's not as popular as this one of course.
But hey, I've already seen some of our members being registered there too. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 27, 2013 8:11 pm  #872

I'm a member of 3 Sherlock forums and 3 Benedict ones!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 31, 2013 5:29 pm  #873

I've been busy lately (so you can imagine the joy of being able to properly raid the forums now I'm on a break... still working but, just not as hard on some things  )

Currently properly at home. I'm house sitting whilst my parents go away for a bit. I was here anyway but they just thought I was convenient (j/k). I was offered the chance to come with them but who honestly wants their adult child with them on holiday? Bless them for offering though.

Anyway, 'resting' though I might be, some people are keeping me put in case they want me to travel at a moments notice. Which probably won't happen but you never know my luck (people have a habit of calling my phone the second I step into the shower. How are they managing that?!)

Just calling in; I'm not dead and I've missed you all x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

June 1, 2013 10:20 pm  #874

Nighty night everyone! I've had a busy day. See you (virtually) in the morning! 

June 1, 2013 10:22 pm  #875

Urghh, it's nearly Sunday already!! Where did the half-term go???

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 1, 2013 10:28 pm  #876

You're lucky you got one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 1, 2013 10:37 pm  #877

Yes, I suppose I should be grateful for what I get and remember that not everyone gets the privelidge of a week off every couple of months. But Ungrateful wretch is more my style!!!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 1, 2013 10:41 pm  #878

Oh sorry, no.
I work in school, so I get plenty of hols...
But Scottish terns are different!

June 2, 2013 7:32 am  #879

Arctic? 

June 2, 2013 7:47 am  #880

4 terms, which I actually prefer: matching the seasons.
But we go back in August, which I don't like.
Some areas of Scotland(like us) still have the tradiional 2 week ' tattie' hols in October, which I don't like.
We don't get proper half terms.
We just get the odd 1 or 2 days, added to in-sevice days.

Board footera