BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2012 1:28 pm  #1

Happy birthday Sir Arthur

Today is the 153rd birthday of Sit Arthur Conan Doyle. Happy birthday Sir! Where would we be without you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 22, 2012 1:58 pm  #2

Re: Happy birthday Sir Arthur

happy birthday Sir Arthur!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

May 22, 2012 2:33 pm  #3

Happy birthday Sir Arthur!!

Long live Sir Arthur!! 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 22, 2012 2:40 pm  #4

Happy birthday Sir Arthur! What a legend...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 22, 2012 3:46 pm  #5

If only he still lived...

(I just checked an I can't believe they don't have a Sherlock 'Google'!)

Last edited by Molly Hooper (May 22, 2012 4:34 pm)

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 22, 2012 6:19 pm  #6

Happy birthday or whatever

What? That's a shame. Stupid google.

May 22, 2013 3:05 pm  #7

Happy 154th birthday to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Just think where we would be today without him. No Sherlock Holmes!   

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 22, 2013 4:26 pm  #8

Look at that! When you get to be 154, the birthdays seem to come around every other week or so...

Happy Birthday, Sir sir!

(still no mention on Google...)

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 22, 2013 4:39 pm  #9

Molly Hooper wrote:

If only he still lived...

(I just checked an I can't believe they don't have a Sherlock 'Google'!)

Happy Birthday to a legend, too!!!   Wait ...what?  Just noticed...  they seriously don't?  Aw, come on... they do little birthday tributes to other famous authors! 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 22, 2013 7:49 pm  #10

Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday Sir Arthur!  Thank-you sooooooooo much for the creation of the most versitile, incredible, unique, classic and interesting detective ever and that of the most loyal, devoted and dedicated of friends. Holmes and Watson, the most classic duo ever! I've been reading the Sherlock stories for as long as I can remember, Arthur, you truly did create something magical that has spawned ever more wonderful creative works, I think I speak for everyone here when I say thank-you from the bottom of our hearts 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 22, 2013 7:51 pm  #11

Happy Birthday Sir Arthur! Thanks for giving us the immortal Detective and his Friend

They did a tribute in 2006. Can't understand why they stopped it..

May 22, 2013 8:02 pm  #12

holmes23 wrote:

Happy Birthday Sir Arthur! Thanks for giving us the immortal Detective and his Friend

They did a tribute in 2006. Can't understand why they stopped it..

How in the world did you ever find that?

Oh... never mind...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 22, 2013 8:09 pm  #13

got a bit curious to know if they ever had a doodle for him, so googled it and found this

http://www.google.com/doodles/sir-arthur-conan-doyles-147th-birthday

Board footera