BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 21, 2012 3:27 pm  #1

Guardian live event Monday 21st May

The Guardian has a live event on-line with Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss today, Monday 21st May at 2pm ET /7pm GMT (so 8pm as out clocks have gone forward). This is not a live chat, as such, as they say these with over 30 people just get messy but you can follow the 'chat' on screen, make comments and take part in polls.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 21, 2012 4:32 pm  #2

Re: Guardian live event Monday 21st May

This may be referring to same, but link to online chat with Steven Moffat,   1pm EDT today May 21st:  17:00 GMT

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/season2_chat_moffat.html

May 21, 2012 5:00 pm  #3

yes I checked-    this chat is online NOW,   and you can send in your questions...

May 21, 2012 5:15 pm  #4

Yes online indeed.

Mind palace idea stole from Derren Brown - I knew it!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 21, 2012 5:53 pm  #5

The Guardian one is practically straight after the PBS one. I'm off to dip into the PBS one now! Splash!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 21, 2012 6:04 pm  #6

That's the Guardian one up and running just now for those who want to join in!

-m0r

May 21, 2012 6:05 pm  #7

Steven Moffat is without one of the biggest wind-ups ever! I actually laughed aloud at some of his answers. I bet he's a right one for Sue at home. His personality comes over so strongly. What has he told us about what is going to happen next? Um...more of Molly yay! Not much else really.

May 21, 2012 7:07 pm  #8

Guardian one has just finished.

May 21, 2012 7:32 pm  #9

That was fun to watch! 

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 21, 2012 7:36 pm  #10

I posted some comments but none got selected.

May 21, 2012 7:38 pm  #11

Me three.

-m0r

May 21, 2012 7:40 pm  #12

May 21, 2012 8:25 pm  #13

Classic Moff. Some of the lines literally had me in hysterics. He really does enjoy winding people up...

I thought this was one of the more interesting comments and possibly one of the biggest clues he's given us so far:

Anne : 
Were Sherlock's tears in Reichenbach real?

Steven Moffat:
He's Sherlock Holmes, he knew exactly what he was doing. Sentimentalise him at your peril.

To me that says his tears weren't real which then begs the question "what was causing them?". Was he acting? But there was no one else there so who was he acting for? For John? John was down on the ground and wouldn't have been able to see tears...he could have just put on an upset voice without having actual tears...So it kind of points more to the theory that he had taken some kind of drug that made his eyes water...perhaps???

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 21, 2012 8:32 pm  #14

Here's a quite enlightening piece of canon:
"Well, you're not a spirit, anyhow," said I. "My dear chap, I am overjoyed to see you. Sit down and tell me how you came alive out of that dreadful chasm."…
This is indeed like the old days. We shall have time for a mouthful of dinner before we need go. …"Well, then, about that chasm. I had no serious difficulty in getting out of it, for the very simple reason that I never was in it."
"You never were in it?"
"No, Watson, I never was in it. My note to you was absolutely genuine. I had little doubt that I had come to the end of my career when I perceived the somewhat sinister figure of the late Professor Moriarty standing upon the narrow pathway which led to safety..."

genuine!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 22, 2012 1:26 pm  #15

Mr. Moffat has tweeted today that 'Derren  Brown has been a help in so many ways...'
You can now get the transcript of the highlights of the Guardian chat from last night if you missed it or just want to go all over it again.

www.guardian.co.uk/tvand radio blog/2012

Board footera