BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2013 10:59 am  #2021

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Yeah, I don't like the show either. However, the word rooftop sounds cruel to me whatever the context. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 19, 2013 11:14 am  #2022

In Sherlock's case, it's cruel to John!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 19, 2013 12:40 pm  #2023

When on Twitter you see a poster for The Great Gatsby (the Redford version) where he is wearing a pink suit and you immediately tweet back a quote from Sherlock! (Just did it! )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 21, 2013 11:47 am  #2024

Hm...you know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...when you commonly have dreams involving many of the characters, sometimes in the most bizarre and...interesting, situations...hehe xD . Oh, and also when you watch the same Sherlock fanvid over and over again because you love it so much 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 21, 2013 2:21 pm  #2025

Yesterday I learned that the middle name of my private tutor is Benedict 
The conversation was like:
Me: "So, what's your middle name?"
Him: "Benedict."
Me: "What? What did you just say?"
Him: "That my middle name is Benedict."
Me: "What?"
Me: "Your middle is Benedict?"
Him: "Yes."
Me: "Say that again!"
Him: "Benedict"
Me: "Are you kidding me?"
Him: "No."
Me: "So, your middle name is really Benedict?"
Him: "It is indeed."
Me: "That's unbelieveable!"

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 21, 2013 2:32 pm  #2026

LOL

So what does he think about you now? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 21, 2013 2:33 pm  #2027

What do you need a private tutor for?
(Take that question as a compliment to your intelligence! I'm honestly surprised.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 21, 2013 2:45 pm  #2028

I don't know, Mattlocked! Maybe he just thinks I'm crazy. 
Maths, Schmiezi. I'm pretty bad at it.
*actually, I'm not bad at it. I just need someone who explains it to me. 

Last edited by Mary Me (May 21, 2013 2:46 pm)

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 21, 2013 4:46 pm  #2029

I've not gone through all 136 pages of this thread, but....when I say "ok" it sounds either like Mollys when Sherlock totally doesn't get that she's asking him out, but just tells her "black, 2 sugars, I'll be in the lab upstairs" (ASiP)   Or when John asks him if he's wearing any pants at Buckingham Palace. 

(I do love the extra long look John gives Sherlocks groin area before asking the question).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

May 21, 2013 5:03 pm  #2030

You finish your internship and all of the paperwork that goes with it and you say to yourself: Let's Head Back To The Sherlock Forum Right Now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

May 21, 2013 5:17 pm  #2031

Ha!  What a cool little moment to have popped up, Mary!!     That reminds me, it really wasn't so much on it's own to make a post about it in here at the time, but had a little moment like yours last week, too!  Just so neat when little things like that come up.   

I visited a nursing home with some family, and one of the women who worked there who was hanging out/keeping an eye on the seniors was nearby and chatted with us.  Their nametags are very simple little squares of paper with the name of the place tiny at the top, big letters in middle with their first name, smaller letters underneath that with their last name.  I notice her name is Mary, oh, nice, pretty common, no big deal.  Then after a moment when glanced again, realized the smaller print underneath was her last name - 'Russell'.  Cue 'whoaa, hey!' moment.  Nice name, pardon me for being silly/nosy but can't help but find the coincidence so neat, not sure if familiar that there's a character named Mary Russell in a favorite book series of mine (yes, the one I created my name for), have you come across?  And she actually had heard of the books, she said when she was having fun looking up online how common her name was or something, but hadn't read them yet, but might!  Told her she might like if was into mysteries or Sherlock stuff, and she didn't seem to be -too- into that stuff so let it drop instead of bringing up other related stuff, but... still.  Neat. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 21, 2013 7:14 pm  #2032

Russell wrote:

Ha! What a cool little moment to have popped up, Mary!! That reminds me, it really wasn't so much on it's own to make a post about it in here at the time, but had a little moment like yours last week, too! Just so neat when little things like that come up.

I visited a nursing home with some family, and one of the women who worked there who was hanging out/keeping an eye on the seniors was nearby and chatted with us. Their nametags are very simple little squares of paper with the name of the place tiny at the top, big letters in middle with their first name, smaller letters underneath that with their last name. I notice her name is Mary, oh, nice, pretty common, no big deal. Then after a moment when glanced again, realized the smaller print underneath was her last name - 'Russell'. Cue 'whoaa, hey!' moment. Nice name, pardon me for being silly/nosy but can't help but find the coincidence so neat, not sure if familiar that there's a character named Mary Russell in a favorite book series of mine (yes, the one I created my name for), have you come across? And she actually had heard of the books, she said when she was having fun looking up online how common her name was or something, but hadn't read them yet, but might! Told her she might like if was into mysteries or Sherlock stuff, and she didn't seem to be -too- into that stuff so let it drop instead of bringing up other related stuff, but... still. Neat.

LOL  What a nice coincidence! 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 22, 2013 10:05 am  #2033

I know I'm obsessed. Just received the Sherlock Casebook. Goodbye, social life!

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 22, 2013 10:41 am  #2034

Mary Me wrote:

I DID TOO
I cried at the end though

May 22, 2013 12:06 pm  #2035

Ma5dz wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

I DID TOO
I cried at the end though

Through  with it now. I'm crying. "Then he jumped. I owe him so much. I needed him. I still do."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 22, 2013 12:26 pm  #2036

I just cried the whole time. 

May 23, 2013 7:55 am  #2037

Mary Me wrote:

The conversation was like:
Me: "So, what's your middle name?"
Me: "What? What did you just say?"
Him: "That my middle name is Benedict."
Me: "What?"
Me: "Your middle is Benedict?"
Him: "Yes."
Me: "Say that again!"
Him: "Benedict"
Me: "Are you kidding me?"
Him: "No."
Me: "So, your middle name is really Benedict?"
Him: "It is indeed."
Me: "That's unbelieveable!"

Brilliant! I have already mentioned how my training officer is called Sherlock by last name, and how another consultant talking about 'changes in legislation' was called Moriarty.. he got the 'joke', and freely shared he once lived opposite a Holmes and a Watason! That encounter made my day!

Last edited by The Doctor (May 23, 2013 7:58 am)

May 24, 2013 3:20 am  #2038

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...you know it's late and you're tired, but you say to yourself "screw you sleep" and stay up watching Sherlock vids...a.k.a, me right now 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 24, 2013 10:17 am  #2039

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...you know it's late and you're tired, but you say to yourself "screw you sleep" and stay up watching Sherlock vids...a.k.a, me right now 

I do that too, DragonB, but it's usually because I'm reading fanfic (mostly Johnlock)  and can't stop.

Last edited by KeepersPrice (May 24, 2013 10:17 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 24, 2013 10:47 am  #2040

KeepersPrice wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I do that too, DragonB, but it's usually because I'm reading fanfic (mostly Johnlock)  and can't stop.

Yes.

Both.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera