BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2013 6:43 pm  #61

Re: What does your username/signature/avatar say about you?

Username: I like sparrows.

My avatar: It says "Note to self, it is illegal to stab people for being stupid". It's really just a memo for myself. I don't tolerate morons well. I probably wouldn't stab anyone, not literally, but metaphorically, yes. 

My signature: "Mind is the magic" is a song by Michael Jackson, my favorite musician. I love the song and I agree, the mind is the magic. And it seemed very apropriate on a Sherlock borad. . As for the gif, I just identify with that particular line. 

Last edited by Sparrow (April 17, 2013 1:28 pm)

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

April 15, 2013 2:19 pm  #62

Username: Avarice. I guess I can be greedy at times, but I don't think it's the sin that I commit the most often.   I picked it because I like the word, and I use it on some other sites.

Avatar: Benedict Cumberbatch. Nuff said. ^^

Signature:  "Aren't ordinary people adorable?" is one of my favourite quotes from the series.
Though Sherlock and Moriarty would most likely place me in the category of ordinary people, this quote just resembles how I think sometimes...if that makes sense. And I've always been an outsider with a very tightknit small group of friends, so I've always categorized people as either people like me and my friends, or "ordinary"/normal people.  /hides

The gif is just a moment I find cute. 

Last edited by Avarice (April 15, 2013 2:21 pm)

Aren't ordinary people adorable?

April 16, 2013 5:49 pm  #63

Username: myrarobles - my real name, i am not very imaginative when it comes to name (usernames for this matter)
Avatar: Sherlock covered in pig's blood and holding a harpoon. just because? 
Signature: Cumbereyes. nuff said

Last edited by myrarobles (April 16, 2013 5:50 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 16, 2013 8:51 pm  #64

Mnemosyne, I shan't skin  you.  this thread is brilliant. And I thought those eyes reminded me of Jim Moriarty's eyes!!!  Andrew Scott plays him....they look just like his.    

Some of the choices are obvious to me,  and then not so obvious.   Mattlocked,  remember,  I thot your username was a combo  of  Matt Smith, (the 11th doctor who)   and Sherlock?  But your reasoning is quite sweet.   Loved all the explanations,  and I love greek Mythology too.  

OK  my  user name--sherlockskitty--well  I  love sherlock   and I  love kitties too,  since I have a black shorthaired one of my own.  My avatar is one that I found online,  by googling sherlock cats  online  (or something)   and this one was so cute I just had to have it.   So  far I haven't  gotten into trouble legally  for using it.  I'm  planning to make  an image of a  sleeping kitty  under sherlock's  chair. (the one he uses in the show)   I'm  pretty good with graphics,  but blending I  have trouble with.      

My signature  in yellow  is  a sentence from a famous poem that was written for Sherlock Holmes.   I  don't know the author,  but I'm sure someone can find it.    I  loved it,   since I'm a big fan of the victorian times which ACD's stories were  set in.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 21, 2013 1:49 am  #65

Well my username is a combo of three things I really like;

Silver; my favourite metal (Gold is highly overrated if you ask me )

Moon; I love the moon, how it's been interpreted in stories, mythology, how it effects the Earth and it's connected with us emotionally and psychologically...yeah, I'm a Moon girl, hehe

Dragon; My favourite mythological creature

Oh, and the B is just because I have the same username on another social network forums site.

Right now my profile pic...well, that's pretty self-explanatory , Sherlock is my favourite character on the show (big surprise right?) and that scene in the Reichenbach Fall where John tells him to just put on his hat for the cameras and such, Sherlocks reaction and smile is just so adorable and priceless 

At the moment I just have one of my favourite lines from the show in the my signature...from the part of the show that had me truly, heart-wrenchingly sobbing, I swear I could feel Johns pain 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (May 21, 2013 1:50 am)

-------------------------------------------------------

May 21, 2013 8:02 am  #66

Your avatar/profile piccie isn't showing up. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 21, 2013 8:03 am  #67

Yeah, I've got the same quote in my signature. It's just too beautiful and sad at the same time, innit?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 21, 2013 11:40 am  #68

Davina wrote:

Your avatar/profile piccie isn't showing up.

Mine?  If so, than...weird, 'cus I can see it.

May 21, 2013 11:43 am  #69

Mary Me wrote:

Yeah, I've got the same quote in my signature. It's just too beautiful and sad at the same time, innit?

Absolutely , but that's what's magical about the show, how it can so completely and deeply move people...I'm tearing up just looking at your signature 

May 21, 2013 11:46 am  #70

I can't see it either...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 21, 2013 11:54 am  #71

Harriet wrote:

I can't see it either...

...Well, hm...how about now?

May 21, 2013 11:59 am  #72

Still nothing apart from a little blue and white square with a white question mark in it. 

Last edited by Davina (May 21, 2013 11:59 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 21, 2013 11:59 am  #73

Now it's there - just shown up 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 21, 2013 12:05 pm  #74

Nevermind everyone, I put up a different pic and that's seemed to work! It's no Sherlock and his hat, but it is one of my fav lines from The Hounds of Baskerville and one of my fav John/Sherlock moments so...there's that 

May 21, 2013 12:21 pm  #75

Yay! 

May 21, 2013 2:23 pm  #76

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Absolutely , but that's what's magical about the show, how it can so completely and deeply move people...I'm tearing up just looking at your signature 

Oh, sorry! So, my signature says about me that I like to torture myself and the people around me.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 21, 2013 4:19 pm  #77

I somehow missed this thread until now (I think I was busy "down on the farm" when it was created.).

Username: Reference to a classic symbol from the original canon (not the child-eating god from mythology). A tantalus, by the way, is a spirit case that allows you to see the booze but not access it without a key, thus tantalizing you. Anyway, the word just reminds me of the classic nature of the canon.

Avatar: Picture of a tantalus that, to me, looks awfully like a crown...

Signature: A line from "Study in Pink" that I like, demonstrating Sherlock's deprecating wit.

Oh, and I still don't see an avatar for SilverMoonDragonB...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 26, 2013 4:23 pm  #78

I've changed my signature pic after all. I must say, I'm pretty content with it now. 
Took me ages until I had the chemical structures how I wanted them.

*in silent remembrance of my old signature:

Last edited by Mary Me (May 26, 2013 4:33 pm)

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 26, 2013 5:41 pm  #79

I love that new signature. Really interesting!

May 26, 2013 5:54 pm  #80

Cheers! 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera