BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2013 2:12 pm  #1

Where sherlock lives after the fake death

I'm not really sure about how he survived, though I have theories, but I'm pretty sure where he stayed after faking his sucuide. He stayed at Angelo's. least, I'm pretty sure he did. Come on. Angelo pretty much said he'd do anything for sherlock as thanks for getting him off a murder charge. This should probably include housing the dude after said sucuide. And I think the really paranoid assassins- heck, Moriarty probably asked them to- would be checking to see if sherlock left the area. So as a precaution- and where else better to stay hidden than in plain sight, preferably inside a house?- he stayed at Angelo's. Angelo could probably keep sherlock in the know while hidden at the same time. No one would be suspicious about extra food or ingredients as it would be put down for the restaurant having more customers to feed. He could also where disguises and be the washer boy as payment for staying, once he annoys Angelo too much or something. Either that or he worked in a bookshop as an assistant or owner. Probably the cashier.

as for how he survived: Mycroft provided the help and resources through Molly. Irene delivered them to her. Lestrade had to be in the know, to lead the investigations and tell everyone that it was real, in case anyone else doing the search found out that it was a fake or asked unwanted questions. He probably won't be told much, just that sherlock is still alive or something. Molly will provide fake statistics of his death as evidence, and Lestrade'll back her up. They won't be able to tell John, though. Mycroft will provide the resources needed for the plan to work- Whateverdrugs or disguises sherlock needs, the fake body, information for Molly, etc.- hell provide all of it. H might even provide Lestrade the authority for the investigation by appealing to Lestrade's higher-ups. But he'll definitely stay out of the picture and into the furthest background possible. Irene would bring all the stuff Mycroft needs to give sherlock and smuggle it all to him, then leave to be in hiding again. Sherlock was probably at his wits end or organised the whole thing. If he was at his wits end, he landed on the surprisingly convenient mattress/net/whatever and was knocked out by the people helping. They then add more blood- taken from the blood bank sherlock stored his own blood in- and tape the ball on him to stop his pulse. The E.R people who're mycroft's people take him in. They bring him in to Molly, Irene s,gurgles him out and he lives in Angelo's /whoevers place till season 3. Another option is using a dead body. Provided by Mycroft, changed to look like sherlock by Molly, then used as a decoy to convince John and any other assassins or something.

If he did plan the whole thing, he lands on mattress,takes in knockout gas and gets the ball stuck on him to stop heartbeat. He gets smuggled in by Molly, out by Irene, stays in Angelo's house to keep an eye on John and works in a bookshop. Or they just use a dead body provided by Mycroft and changed by Molly. Either ways, he's known as dead.

May 16, 2013 2:35 pm  #2

Re: Where sherlock lives after the fake death

Interesting theory.

Personally I think he went travelling under a pseudonym and kept in touch with John without John's knowledge of it.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 16, 2013 2:51 pm  #3

Hello, Alle9009, nice to meet you. Maybe you want to introduce yourself in our members thread. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 16, 2013 3:31 pm  #4

As far as we know Molly is no plastic surgeon, therefore I think that part of the theory doesn't fit.
Also I don't know why he should stay at one place (AND at a person's who knows him - imo too risky), when he can change his dress and hair and travel around or just stay at a hotel?

Last edited by Mattlocked (May 16, 2013 3:32 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 16, 2013 3:31 pm  #5

Hm, I don't think there are so many people involved. I would assume he's hiding at Molly's house.

And welcome, by the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 16, 2013 3:44 pm  #6

I don't think Irene has anything to do with it.
Why would she, in the first place? And she is not exactly trustworthy.

I assume that Mycroft arranged somewhere for him to stay and that he maybe spends some time abroad.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

May 16, 2013 4:27 pm  #7

Welcome. Why would they have to knock him out? Would involving so many people not increase the risk of the whole thing tumbling down around their heads?

Hiding in plain sight might mean 'living off the grid', perhaps with the Homeless Network.

Last edited by Davina (May 16, 2013 4:32 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 17, 2013 3:41 am  #8

I imagine that he sort of shadow's John a lot. Keeping an eye on everyone.

================================================================

May 17, 2013 4:29 am  #9

I always imagine him bringing down Moriarty's spider web, hence travelling around the world a lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 17, 2013 6:06 am  #10

Schmiezi wrote:

I always imagine him bringing down Moriarty's spider web, hence travelling around the world a lot.

Isn't that what he does in the book? I'd say they'll stick with canon.
I'd still love to see him stalking John a bit too. The whole 'hiding in plain sight' thing and all.

================================================================

May 17, 2013 3:18 pm  #11

Mary Me wrote:

Hm, I don't think there are so many people involved. I would assume he's hiding at Molly's house.

And welcome, by the way.

My money's on Molly's place, as well. At least, when he's not out rounding up the Moriarty gang. I like m0r's idea, too, that he's somehow been keeping up with John without John knowing it's him.

Welcome to the forum, alle!

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 17, 2013 3:22 pm  #12

Yeah I think he makes his way through the world and has no fixed residence, at least not most of the time. I still think he's at Molly's for a while.

Last edited by Mary Me (May 17, 2013 3:22 pm)

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 17, 2013 3:27 pm  #13

I'm fairly certain in 'The Empty Hearse' we'll hear something of a Norwegian explorer named Sigerson as a means of finding out what Sherlock's been up to.

Mark my words 

-m0r

May 17, 2013 3:29 pm  #14

m0r1arty wrote:

I'm fairly certain in 'The Empty Hearse' we'll hear something of a Norwegian explorer named Sigerson as a means of finding out what Sherlock's been up to.

Mark my words 

-m0r

Now I'm pretty sure that you won't tell us your sources. I'm still curious. Hang on, is it canon?

Last edited by Mary Me (May 17, 2013 3:30 pm)

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 17, 2013 3:32 pm  #15

It is indeed canon Mary.

-m0r

May 17, 2013 3:33 pm  #16

Okay. Then I'm curious if they will make use of it in the actual series.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 17, 2013 3:35 pm  #17

They made a point of throwing in loads of little nods to fans (Like Mrs. Turner) so I expect it'll be mentioned if only in a dismissive way.

-m0r

May 17, 2013 4:44 pm  #18

On the starship Enterprise, of course.

Actually, in the canon doesn't he say he spent the time in Europe? I'd have to look back.

May 17, 2013 4:59 pm  #19

He goes all over the place in the canon.

Italy, Tibet, Mecca and France that we know of. He could very well have been in China and the US too. Making him an International man of mystery did up his cred in my book, and his cred was already through the roof.

-m0r

May 17, 2013 9:11 pm  #20

Just wanted to chime in and say 'hello!'/'welcome!' as well!
Nice of you to jump in and have fun with the discussion.  I'm afraid my first reaction was to agree with the same thing several others have already expressed - why would Sherlock involve so many people in it?  Why would he need them all?  He'd be off the grid, basically... heck, if throwing a bit of canon in there, even be out of the country for a bit, and the less people know, the better. 
Mycroft and Molly would certainly be the people in the best position to help, keep quiet, and trust.  Angelo would do anything for, sure, but Sherlock doesn't really need him for anything... they're only acquaintances, really.  Irene...  he's not even supposed to know she's alive (not to mention trusting her to play a part in the whole thing).  Lestrade was in possible danger like John, so he wouldn't want to jeopardize him either, and thanks to Molly being in the morgue and able to fudge autopsy results and proclaim him dead, no one would suspect.
Pretty much I just picture Molly helping sneak him out, Mycroft helping with resources (if Sherlock let him), and our boy jumping around town/country a bit trying to take care of different leads so he can return, staying at their places or various hotels.  Heck, I'm sure even his homeless network could point him at abandoned places to stay in a pinch....  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera