BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2013 9:26 pm  #61

Re: Fanfics from forum members

I thought you did! Scary!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 30, 2013 9:28 pm  #62

So did I. That's really strange. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 30, 2013 9:28 pm  #63

I thought the same - never underestimate fairies 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 30, 2013 9:31 pm  #64

Creepy little creatures - let's keep in mind that the one from "True Blood" looked a lot like Irene Adler!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 30, 2013 9:32 pm  #65

Probably the ultimate proof that they really exist. Sir Arthur would be happy, I guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 30, 2013 9:33 pm  #66

I'm sure he would. Although it probably slightly damaged his reputation that he believed in them. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 30, 2013 9:42 pm  #67

Yes, but apparently there were quite a few more people who also believed the photos were real, so probably it wasn't that "crazy" at the time to believe in supernatural things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 30, 2013 9:50 pm  #68

I suppose it wasn't. And in England there's a tradition of scientific study of supernatural phenomenons (not necessarily fairies, even so). Just wrote something about it. 

May 17, 2013 8:09 pm  #69

Just for those who read fanfics but avoid the alphabet game:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/806959 or http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9301603/1/Private-Ponderings

This little fic of mine includes 53 words for things Sherlock likes about John starting with P that I got for my birthday from some wonderful, creative forum members. It's Johnlock. I mean, P-words, come on!!

Private Ponderings
"Sherlock Holmes is in love. It had taken him an inexcusable amount of time to figure it out, but in his defence it must be said that (a) it is extremely hard to deduce oneself and (b) never having been in love before he is completely new to the feeling."

Last edited by Schmiezi (May 17, 2013 8:25 pm)

May 17, 2013 8:19 pm  #70

What a brilliant idea, Schmiezi. And the fun we had with your birthday list. 

May 17, 2013 8:22 pm  #71

That is so great! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 17, 2013 8:24 pm  #72

Phenomenal!   
Don't miss it!

Schmiezi wrote:

This little fic of mine...

... I'm gonna let it shine 

Last edited by Harriet (May 17, 2013 8:27 pm)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 17, 2013 8:26 pm  #73

I might need a second list once I feel up to giving this one a second chaper. I thought about "Things John likes about Sherlock" starting with S or L or O for adding John's POV.

May 17, 2013 8:28 pm  #74

Oh, I made good experience with E as well, just saying 

May 17, 2013 8:30 pm  #75

Well, then E it is! I'll post it in the other thread right away.

May 19, 2013 9:22 am  #76

Mr Schmiezi gave me a really weird look yesterday when he read the beginning of "Private Pondering". Guess he needs some time to deal with the fact that I'm writing Johnlock stuff.

May 19, 2013 9:50 am  #77

So he didn't read "long fanfic no. 2" yet? 

May 19, 2013 9:57 am  #78

Nope! Somehow doubt he will.
Would be something completely different if it were about Joanne Watson and Shirley Holmes, I guess. Should force him to watch Broke Back Mountain or something to get him used to the idea.

May 19, 2013 9:59 am  #79

Oh I can relate! lol.

I've been writing slash for 6 years, and my husband never understood the point. Unfortunately, he was really "extreme" and had a lot of preconceived ideas. He hadn't read any of my stories just because they were slash and judged without knowing. He thought it was only about sex and didn't want to hear anything about it, even when I told him I had only written one explicit scene, and a few allusions, whereas everything else was just about romantic feelings and all. It made me sad because writing's such a big part of my life and it felt bad not to share it with him. He only agreed to read some not that long before his death, and he cried saying it was beautiful and that he almost forgot it was about two men (he wasn't a homophobic, he just didn't want to read or see gay stuff, but had nothing about gay people), and he was sorry he hadn't read them before. Aww... Well... On the contrary, my best friend (a 39 year old man) has always read them. He's not into slash at all (he's hetero) but enjoys reading my fics anyway .

Good luck with Mr Schmiezi. I'm sure he'll get used to the idea

Just like old times...

June 3, 2013 2:36 am  #80

I can't remember if I posted this before, but it's a nice slashy sci-fi AU. And I finished it tonight! Pretty long, but I've enjoyed writing it :D
http://archiveofourown.org/works/775433/chapters/1458584

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

Board footera