BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 12, 2013 2:24 pm  #21

Re: All Elementary Articles (please post in here)

Interesting interview with Jonny Lee Miller:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/75279704.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 13, 2013 7:26 am  #22

Nice, thoughtful article here. Clearly a real professional.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 10, 2013 12:43 am  #23

Natalie Dormer will be Irene Adler in Elementary. Apparently she is unlikely to travel to the US for filming but rather will be shown back in flashbacks set in London (UK, not Ontario, in case you were in any doubt). 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 11, 2013 7:07 pm  #24

This article is kind of annoying. I think the writer is trying to hard to make it a tie, like she says New Yorks over London because like New York is unique to Sherlock (to generic to TV in general) and that Joan wins over John because she's like a woman and Watson's ususally a man (Though Joan Watson does not stand out among TV characters like John Watson does.
http://www.afterelton.com/2013/02/comparing-sherlock-to-elementary?page=last

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

April 11, 2013 7:20 pm  #25

Davina wrote:

Natalie Dormer will be Irene Adler in Elementary. Apparently she is unlikely to travel to the US for filming but rather will be shown back in flashbacks set in London (UK, not Ontario, in case you were in any doubt).

Natalie Dormer could make a cool Irene.  She was an awesome Anne Boelyn. Though her casting further proves the ignorance of the source material the producers of Elementary have.  I means they've made Watson and American woman, but Irene Adler actually was an American in a Scandal in Bohemia and they're making her, of all characters, actually British on Elementary.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

April 12, 2013 3:17 pm  #26

A review of one of the latest episodes. I have to say, I quite enjoyed this one. The series is growing on me.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/03/elementary-review-b-leads-to-a/

April 12, 2013 4:14 pm  #27

April 12, 2013 5:25 pm  #28

Nice.  And I'm inclined to agree.  As much as the series is still a little odd here and there, I've been liking what they've been doing with it lately.  Nice character movement, and the blizzard one was an neat shift, wasn't it?  A least mixing it up a little while still keeping necessary elements.  Although I must say, Mrs. Hudson provided quite an amused 'where-are-they-going-with' eyebrow raise...  no?   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 1, 2013 4:28 pm  #29

May 1, 2013 6:24 pm  #30

Vinnie Jones will be appearing once more as Sebastian Moran in Episode 20.

May 15, 2013 1:38 pm  #31

Apparently Irene Adler isn't dead after all...

HMMMMM....wonder where they got that idea from...

May 15, 2013 1:39 pm  #32

May 15, 2013 6:06 pm  #33

What on earth does he mean by 'situate Irene'? 

May 16, 2013 3:45 pm  #34

Oh dear, but it seems so cheesy! What are they doing to poor Sherlock Holmes? But then Elementary is no Sherlock Holmes: by a strange coincidence the characters have names taken from ACD, that's all. Yet I am still watching it.... I guess it is the masochist dark side of me forcing me to do it. 

May 17, 2013 7:51 pm  #35

May 17, 2013 8:21 pm  #36

You know, Jonny is a cracking actor! Benedict is too of course but it isn't a race. We can have more than one winner in this 'game'.

May 18, 2013 2:01 pm  #37

I watched the Elementary finale and UGH! they managed to screw up Irene and Moriarty in once and a blatant pitiful attempt to be clever and push the envelope.  They also made a great actress like Natalie Dormer seem bland and generic, that shouldn't surprise me as they've been dulling the awesomeness of JLM and Lucy Liu (that they've had in other roles) all season.  They had people say that Sherlock and Joan were impressive, but the final gotcha they pulled was so poorly executed in the story telling, it didn't make them appear to be clever in the least.  Forget how intense the jump scene was in RF, how insanely awesome Andrew Scott was as Moriarty or Laura Pulver was as Irene.  Forget how great everything was on the BBC series.  The season 1 finale of Elementary was complete crap.  For the next season, they need to fire the current hack writers and directors and star clean with people who can tell a decent story. (ooops, wrong thread)

Last edited by josabby (May 18, 2013 2:06 pm)

July 6, 2013 8:13 pm  #38

Hehe ^^^ Agreed

Anyway...I'll continue just posting articles in a calm non-biased fashion.

http://buddy2blogger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/CBS-Elementary-Season-1-Finale-Episode-24-Heroine-review-irene-adler-moriarty.html

July 6, 2013 8:52 pm  #39

A favourable review and analysis of Elementary in general:

http://io9.com/elementary-demonstrates-the-right-way-to-update-a-class-509009246

Some quite scholarly stuff in there. I only got about half way through though because meh...I still think Sherlock's better, no matter what her argument is. 

July 6, 2013 10:31 pm  #40

Amusing theories about what will happen in the next series of Elementary. Definitely worth a giggle:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-05-29/elementary-season-2---where-next-for-the-wacky-sherlock-holmes-update

Board footera