BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 15, 2013 6:16 am  #101

Re: Continuity Errors/Slip Ups/Technical Mistakes

Cabear5 wrote:

In PINK, Sherlock meets Watson outside to show him the Baker St. Apt. He is explaining how he knows Mrs. Hudson. She opens the door and says, "Sherlock, look at you." and embraces him as if she hasn't seen in since her husband's trial. Problem is, he moved into the apartment already and in the next scene, she's admonishing him for the mess he has made in the kitchen.

In the beginning of PINK, Sherlock's and John's housing is a little insecure. Fact is that Mrs Hudson has known Sherlock before, likes him and owes him a favour. By renting out the flat to him she could do something for him. Sherlock is willing to live in 221B and therefore already has moved in. That's why he's talking to Mike Stamford the morning he is introduced to John about being a difficult man to find a flatmate for – because he knows he will need someone to share the rent with. Probably he has told Mrs Hudson that his staying or not will be dependant on whether he'd find a flatmate or not.
The moment the door opens and Mrs Hudson is introduced to John she is glad that the probability for Sherlock's permanent stay may have improved - now that he has found a possible candidate to live with. Her hugging Sherlock can be seen in this context. Her "what do you think, Dr Watson?/There's another bedroom upstairs", expresses her hope that John will like the flat and the idea to live with Sherlock.
But it's not until after the chase that Sherlock shouts out in the hallway: "Mrs Hudson, Dr Watson WILL take the room upstairs!"
Everything settled by then…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 15, 2013 6:58 am  #102

Oh... now that I read it.... I feel an urgent need to watch it all over again. *sigh*

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 13, 2013 9:58 am  #103

My first post, just registered to submit an error that was pointed out to me today. At the end of GG, Moriarty has his hands in pockets for all the close-up scenes. But when he yells, "That's what people DO!" and the scene pans out to look at all of them from the other side of the pool, he is folding his hands and is about to lower them.

April 14, 2013 10:53 pm  #104

we should check it more carefully!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

April 28, 2013 12:22 pm  #105

In SiB Lestrade, John and Sherlock are investigating the dead man in the car boot. When they look into it there is a white hat or something. When they have a second look at it the hat is gone.

May 10, 2013 8:54 am  #106

This is dredging up a very old one, but I think the ASiP bloodstains one is actually ok. The cabbie has just moved on top of the bloodstain near his head (flinching in pain). You can see it if you line up the floorboards.You can still see the outline of the patch under his arm beneath Sherlock's foot. Can't work out how to post pictures to show this more clearly (don't have anywhere else to host them).

May 10, 2013 8:58 am  #107

Aurora wrote:

This is dredging up a very old one, but I think the ASiP bloodstains one is actually ok. The cabbie has just moved on top of the bloodstain near his head (flinching in pain). You can see it if you line up the floorboards.You can still see the outline of the patch under his arm beneath Sherlock's foot. Can't work out how to post pictures to show this more clearly (don't have anywhere else to host them).

This site (http://sc.aithine.org/sherlock/) is very useful if you need screenshots. Just copy and paste.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 10, 2013 10:09 am  #108

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 10, 2013 2:23 pm  #109

Naaahh, the jumper has absorbed the blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 10, 2013 3:04 pm  #110

Jumper? You said jumper! Nooooooo! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 13, 2013 7:45 pm  #111

If we were supposed to believe that the can with the yellow paint Sherlock used to spray the smiley face on the wall of 221B in TGG

was a left-over from TBB - well, that's not true:

Just saying...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 16, 2013 7:53 pm  #112

I always find it funny when I come to realize that the English apparently love their teas not weak but extra-weak. Without milk, they wouldn't even notice that there is actually something in their cups.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 16, 2013 7:59 pm  #113

I thought the same. Just as in Asterix 

Last edited by Harriet (May 16, 2013 7:59 pm)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 16, 2013 8:06 pm  #114

To think they needed the French to teach them how to make tea with tea in it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 16, 2013 8:11 pm  #115

http://www.pierkuipers.com/2012/03/and-then-theres-coffee/

Last edited by Harriet (May 16, 2013 8:18 pm)

May 16, 2013 8:11 pm  #116

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2013 8:36 pm  #117

On watching SCANDAL, I just noticed that John puts his jacket on twice within six seconds:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 26, 2013 8:37 pm  #118

Maybe he ist just like me fiddling with a damaged shoulder? 

June 26, 2013 9:07 pm  #119

Harriet wrote:

Maybe he ist just like me fiddling with a damaged shoulder?

Is that what people with damaged shoulders do?
Maybe he's deciding whether to leave Sherlock or not: jacket on - off - on...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 26, 2013 9:09 pm  #120

Well, they need a little longer to put on their jackets - maybe he is still struggling? 

Board footera