BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 7, 2013 1:17 pm  #1

Hello from Austria!

Hi

I thought I'll introduce myself real quick.

I'm Mara (hence the not so creative nickname). I'm a 21 year old Sherlockian from Salzburg (Mozart, Sound of Music & all that), Austria. 

I was introduced to Sherlock through The Hobbit/Martin. Since then I've also become a huge Benedict Cumberbatch fan (especially in love with Mr Talbot and Mr Tietjens). 

When I'm not watching Sherlock (for the100th time) I read books (in English), watch other movies/series (in English) and plan my next visit to England. I guess that makes me an anglophile. ;) I also enjoy horseback riding, cycling, good/rather unknown music and spending some one-on-one time with my cat Mr. (Fitzwilliam) Darcy. 

That's it from me Please ask if there are any open questions. And feel free to correct spelling/grammar mistakes that I might make - I'm here to improve my English ;)

x

Last edited by mara (May 7, 2013 1:19 pm)

May 7, 2013 1:31 pm  #2

Re: Hello from Austria!

Hi mara, nice to have you around! I guess you will find a lot of likewise minded folks here. Enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 7, 2013 1:33 pm  #3

Hello Mara!

Welcome to our forum! What a nice introduction. 
I also signed up to improve my english and it has worked well. 
So, make yourself at home and have a nice time! 

Laterz,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 7, 2013 1:53 pm  #4

Welcome, Mara, nice to have you here. I love Mr Tietjens and Mr Talbot, too. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 7, 2013 1:58 pm  #5

Willkommen Mara! Your English is great! What a fantastic name for a cat!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 7, 2013 2:32 pm  #6

mara wrote:

...Salzburg (Mozart, Sound of Music & all that), Austria. ...

Ah, the forum just sighed a collective sigh of contentment and appreciation...

mara wrote:

...I guess that makes me an anglophile. ...

Well, if you're going to be a "-phile", I suppose "anglo" is a good one to be...

mara wrote:

...I also enjoy horseback riding...

as does any normal person

mara wrote:

...cycling...

kudos

mara wrote:

...good/rather unknown music...

isn't most good music rather unknown?

mara wrote:

..and spending some one-on-one time with my cat...

well, we can't be on the same page about everything, I suppose... : /

mara wrote:

...Mr. (Fitzwilliam) Darcy. ...

ah, that's better

mara wrote:

...I'm here to improve my English ;)

no need--it's delightful.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay here. I promise not to pick apart further postings. : )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 7, 2013 3:01 pm  #7

Hello, Mara.
Nice to have You here.
Are You a fan of Jane Austen? I'm curious because of Your cat name.
Cheers from Poland.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

May 7, 2013 3:09 pm  #8

Guten tag Mara!

When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad...

I simply remember my favourite things, and then I don't feel so bad.

Salzburg was called Kaltzberg for 'The Sound of Music', have you any idea why?

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 7, 2013 4:08 pm  #9

Thank you all & Danke ;)

@Marheri: Indeed I am.  

@m0r1arty: I have no idea. I didn't even notice that it was called Kaltzberg. Interesting! I googled around a bit and I think it's actually just the festival that's called Kaltzberg Festival. But I've never heard of it before. Maybe there once was a Kaltzberg Festival that now doesn't exist anymore or it's simply made up. ;)

May 7, 2013 4:10 pm  #10

Oh, I forgot to mention that I've been to Salzburg recently. But only for skiing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 7, 2013 4:12 pm  #11

I think it's made up, going from my research. I'm just curious as it's plainly set in Saltzberg. I was wondering if there was some sort of local protest about being associated with the German nationalist party or other cause.

It's just one of those little things which stands out to me which I've never been able to remedy.

Thanks for the reply!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 2, 2013 7:29 pm  #12

Hello there Mara! That's a nice name, I like it, genuinely. Welcome to the forum! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera