BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2013 3:59 am  #1

Caption Competition Week Twenty

Smarts, last night's dinner, farts, souls, spinal fluid, harvested eggs, invasive species, spoiled jam, and fairies….   

Oi… well….  this should certainly provide a ripe challenge ground for just as many odd witticism from you folk!  ;D
I suppose this one will go on until next… Thursday?    Ready?   Go!!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 25, 2013 1:30 pm  #2

Re: Caption Competition Week Twenty

Ok, so I mean no disrespect to anyone or anything, this is just the first thing that came to mind when I saw this. 

Guy: "Oh God, in Thy glorious name I pray that Thou shall give us rain in this dry time and..."
Sherlock: "Sorry mate, bit busy right now."

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

April 25, 2013 4:49 pm  #3

Sherlock ( in mildly irritated voice): No John. I did not just speak to this one for a really long time either!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 25, 2013 6:01 pm  #4

Man: "And then ... the aliens ... came down from the sky and ... abducted me ..."
Sherlock: "At least since I saw your sofa out here in the meadow, I should have known you wouldn't be a reliable witness."

The first two captions were great btw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 25, 2013 6:15 pm  #5

Sherlock: "And how long exactly have you been carrying around this invisible something for your invisible living room?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 25, 2013 6:51 pm  #6

Sherlock: "I'm sorry that I blew up your house. But it was an experiment. And at least you still have the couch."

(this one was obviously affected by someones fanfic called "Molecular Gastronomy"  )

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 25, 2013 7:10 pm  #7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 25, 2013 7:58 pm  #8

Man: "It's a bird... It's a plane...It's"
Sherlock: "Nooo, it's a couch."

Last edited by Sparrow (April 25, 2013 7:59 pm)

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

April 26, 2013 1:51 am  #9

[Sherlock]:  Well what did you expect.  It's common knowledge that furnishing a muddy field
with a white couch is a disaster waiting to happen.

April 26, 2013 9:53 pm  #10

Sherlock: I'm not giving you what I found in the couch until you tell me what's so bloody interesting up there.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

April 27, 2013 8:02 am  #11

Sherlock: No, I still don't believe ovaries get THAT big!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 4, 2013 8:51 pm  #12

In the words of a famous philosopher --  "D'oh!"  ;P
It's past Thursday, innit?  Heh… and too many good ones again… sorry!  But for the most hilarious mental imagery, I'm gonna have to go with…

Mattlocked!!  (Sherlock: "I'm sorry that I blew up your house. But it was an experiment. And at least you still have the couch")
(pretty impressive experiment if everything was blown except the couch!) 
With honorary mentions to Sparrow and Davina!  Ha… pretty good, too…  let's see how we do with the next one!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 5, 2013 5:18 pm  #13

Mattlocked! Calling Mattlocked! Week 21 awaits.....

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 5, 2013 8:47 pm  #14

I have a picture that I'd like to upload if the winner wants it.

May 6, 2013 7:04 am  #15

Maybe PM her?

May 6, 2013 8:04 am  #16

ME? Really?  Sorry, I didn't notice until now.
I'm very happy, thank you. 

Will try to find a new picture for you later today...

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera