BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2013 2:47 pm  #61

Re: An analysis on Sherlock

I know exactly the bit you mean, when he's twiddling his fingers, and I actually do this a lot myself, as well as jiggling my leg up and down, and I am pretty much moving in some way or another, constantly.

I always took it to show the large amounts of nervous energy Sherlock has, that he is always a man who is switched on, on the go, ready for action. He has to be doing something every minute of every day or he becomes mind numbingly bored.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 24, 2013 2:52 pm  #62

I think he does it in SIP too, in the restaurant scene - not completely sure though if he's moving his fingers or just holding his hand in a similar manner.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

May 2, 2013 11:32 am  #63

I just found this on tumblr and wasn't sure where to put it. I don't think it's been mentioned so far. 

http://weareinfinite-inthismoment.tumblr.com/post/47283213400/is-it-just-me-or-is-the-fact-that-molly-asked

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 2, 2013 11:46 am  #64

Interesting. I also can't remember any other situation where Sherlock is asked that. Except later, during the phone call before the fall, where John asks him if he's okay.
But on the other hand, there are several moments where people are clearly worried about Sherlock. In Blind Banker for example, when John asks Sherlock if he's getting a cold after Sherlock has been strangled. Or the "danger night" with Mycroft in SiB. And so on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

May 2, 2013 11:47 am  #65

SusiGo wrote:

I just found this on tumblr and wasn't sure where to put it. I don't think it's been mentioned so far. 

http://weareinfinite-inthismoment.tumblr.com/post/47283213400/is-it-just-me-or-is-the-fact-that-molly-asked

Oh. This is touching. I haven't read something smiliar before. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 2, 2013 12:03 pm  #66

Molly's the only one who ever dares to mention such a thing. In Scandal Mrs Hudson and John talk about him after Irene's death but never to him. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 2, 2013 12:25 pm  #67

Sherlock would never give an honest answer anyway. He does to Molly, but only because it's suitable for his purposes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 2, 2013 12:30 pm  #68

Probably because the most people think he's a sociopath and does not feel sadness like others do, he does not need to be asked... :/ Even John and Mrs. Hudson had doubts, you know, after Irene 'died' whether Sherlock understands what it's all about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 2, 2013 1:15 pm  #69

Another interesting find, this time by the wonderful Ivyblossom:

http://ivyblossom.tumblr.com/post/17953784772/sherlockspeare-sherlock-john-is-the-most

May 2, 2013 1:34 pm  #70

That's really a good one. And she's right: It seems as if John and Sherlock had some kind of conversation or "training" at home to improve Sherlock's social skills. I wonder if that was on John's or Sherlock's demand or both. Unfortunately they didn't show it directly in the series. Could have been interesting. Anyways, thanks for sharing your finds, Susi.

May 2, 2013 2:41 pm  #71

SusiGo wrote:

Molly's the only one who ever dares to mention such a thing. In Scandal Mrs Hudson and John talk about him after Irene's death but never to him. 

But at Christmas, when Sherlock was in his bedroom after he found Irenes phone. John asked him - and Sherlock clearly wanted to be alone.
And he asked him after it was clear that she's alive, but then kind of indirectly. "So she is alive. Now how do we feel about that?" - if I remember right.

Last edited by Mattlocked (May 2, 2013 2:44 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera