BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 15, 2013 5:26 pm  #1

MTV Movie Award

I know this is also hidden away in another thread however...Martin has won the Best Hero at the MTV Awards for his role as Bilbo in The Hobbit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 15, 2013 5:32 pm  #2

Re: MTV Movie Award

I didn't catch that.....   AWESOME!!      

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 16, 2013 12:09 am  #3

YAY!! I voted... lots. Very pleased to see him pull out such a big lead at the end!

================================================================

April 16, 2013 12:11 am  #4

Not a shabby show for a little chap with hairy feet! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 16, 2013 3:36 am  #5

did they present the award during the show? or did i miss that part?
anyway, congrats little man! let's dance to that

------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 16, 2013 5:41 am  #6

myrarobles wrote:

did they present the award during the show? or did i miss that part?
anyway, congrats little man! let's dance to that

Ah firstly I LOVE that GIF.

And secondly I'm not sure if it was presented during the awards or not. But even so Martin wouldn't have been there as he's busy filming S3.
I do know that there was some drama in that MTV didn't put it up on their website for ages. All the other awards were up and it had been annouced but it still wasn't on the website. Maybe because all the twilight people were complaining, I don't know.

The best hero certainly won!!

April 16, 2013 9:08 pm  #7

I was so Happy Martin won.  I tweeted my posterior orphas off, and I almost never use my twitter account.  Martin was probably asleep when the award was announced (or doing a nightshoot on Sherlock as it was almost 3am in the UK when it was announced.  It was kind of unceremoniously announced  considered the Twitter party that happened for him to win.

Sorry to anyone who likes Twilight, but I'm glad Kristen Stewart lost.  The Twitwits are so obnoxious (not all fans of Twilight as I have friends and family who love that crap; but the superficial fans) and it was the Twilight fans who voted for snow white (Once Upon a Time has a much better Snow White).  Twilight winning all the awards was actually causing them to lose viewers who were sick of seeing a crap movie beat out great movies like Star Trek, Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Slumdog Millionaire, Inception, Harry Potter, ect. because the TwiTwits were Spamming every thing, So they were losing Sponsors.  I wanted Martin to win anyway, but something is wrong with the world if Kristen Stewart, a sour faced Razzie "winner" can be up against Martin Freeman (a BAFTA winner and probable future Oscar winner), Oscar Winners Christian Bale and Anne Hathaway, and Oscar nominees RDJ and Mark Ruffalo and beat them.  There was also a pic Tweeted under kstew's name of her flipping the camera off when she was getting stomped in the votes. If that actually was her tweet, it shows an utter lack of class (even if it wasn't her tweet, it was still a pic of her being tacky).  If Martin hadn't won he probably would have just gone of with his life and thanked the fans for their support, but then he has a bright future while Kristen will soon be forgotten while other, better actresses her age like Emma Stone, Emma Watson and Jennifer Lawrence have careers that soar because they have talent while she has gimmicks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

April 17, 2013 2:00 am  #8

josabby wrote:

I was so Happy Martin won.  I tweeted my posterior orphas off, and I almost never use my twitter account.  Martin was probably asleep when the award was announced (or doing a nightshoot on Sherlock as it was almost 3am in the UK when it was announced.  It was kind of unceremoniously announced  considered the Twitter party that happened for him to win.

Sorry to anyone who likes Twilight, but I'm glad Kristen Stewart lost.  The Twitwits are so obnoxious (not all fans of Twilight as I have friends and family who love that crap; but the superficial fans) and it was the Twilight fans who voted for snow white (Once Upon a Time has a much better Snow White).  Twilight winning all the awards was actually causing them to lose viewers who were sick of seeing a crap movie beat out great movies like Star Trek, Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Slumdog Millionaire, Inception, Harry Potter, ect. because the TwiTwits were Spamming every thing, So they were losing Sponsors.  I wanted Martin to win anyway, but something is wrong with the world if Kristen Stewart, a sour faced Razzie "winner" can be up against Martin Freeman (a BAFTA winner and probable future Oscar winner), Oscar Winners Christian Bale and Anne Hathaway, and Oscar nominees RDJ and Mark Ruffalo and beat them.  There was also a pic Tweeted under kstew's name of her flipping the camera off when she was getting stomped in the votes. If that actually was her tweet, it shows an utter lack of class (even if it wasn't her tweet, it was still a pic of her being tacky).  If Martin hadn't won he probably would have just gone of with his life and thanked the fans for their support, but then he has a bright future while Kristen will soon be forgotten while other, better actresses her age like Emma Stone, Emma Watson and Jennifer Lawrence have careers that soar because they have talent while she has gimmicks.

I totally agree with this. I'm pretty sure it was all fan rubbish. I found that the people voting for Bilbo were very respectful while the Snow White voters were nasty (I'm not saying all). For people to saw 'Bilbo Dildo' and the like is just name calling bullying tactics. I personally didn't see any of that from the Bilbo camp. Most of the votes for Bilbo were very intelligent and funny (like turning quotes from the films and books to #votebilbo).
From the way they acted I'm suprised there wasn't more complaining afterwards that they lost... although I didn't really look for it so I could be wrong.

So congratulations to Martin Freeman and Bilbo but also congratulations to the fans who voted with such dedication and dignity throughout!

May 1, 2013 4:32 pm  #9

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera