BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 9, 2012 10:10 am  #61

Re: Converting your friends and family members

Tobe, your son is right! 

Still thinking of giving Sherlock 1 to my sister for Christmas.... Maybe from amazon.co.uk, so she just CAN'T watch the dubbed version with the wrong voices..... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 9, 2012 10:21 am  #62

Mattlocked wrote:

Still thinking of giving Sherlock 1 to my sister for Christmas.... Maybe from amazon.co.uk, so she just CAN'T watch the dubbed version with the wrong voices..... 

...and the "wrong" on screen texts!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 9, 2012 11:32 am  #63

Bright boy he is, how sweet! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 18, 2012 8:00 pm  #64

Usually when Pitagor and I chat about Sherlock people think we're insane, but oddly one of our friends doesn't... She in fact asked wether we could watch an episode together, and so we did. We watched the pilot.
She isn't sherlocked just yet but today she told me, she wants to watch another episode just to go sure
I hope she'll like sherlock and I'd love it if she'd join our little group of maniacs ^^

At this point I ask myself wether we should watch ASIP after the pilot or continue with TBB...

December 18, 2012 8:34 pm  #65

Personally I would never start with the Pilot.
But seeing as you have....
I just feel people have to see all the(aired) episodes in order.
So aired PINK would be next.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 18, 2012 8:45 pm  #66

I decided to show an episode to my step sister and we ended up watching all six episodes in two days. Needless to say, she is now just as obsessed as I am.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Listen - what I said before, John? I meant it. I don't have friends. I've just got one."

December 18, 2012 9:22 pm  #67

Mission accomplished, Azelma 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 18, 2012 9:56 pm  #68

Why in TWO days??     

December 18, 2012 9:58 pm  #69

Mattlocked wrote:

Why in TWO days??     

In wintertime, days are very short. That's why, I presume.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 18, 2012 10:08 pm  #70

Stupid, stupid! There's always something! Thanks for your input, tobe.

December 19, 2012 2:59 am  #71

It was two days blended together, as in we watched in all night long! And now we text as Sherlock and John.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Listen - what I said before, John? I meant it. I don't have friends. I've just got one."

December 23, 2012 1:58 am  #72

I tried to convert my Dad, and we watched every episode in order about one every two or so nights...he wasn't so excited about it even though he said he enjoyed it a lot...
I think he will watch the episodes when (if ever) they come out, but he has no wish to enter the fandom 

"That's what people DO!"

March 28, 2013 2:30 pm  #73

I plan to convert my parents and brother this weekend.  I've tried to get them to watch it for awhile and it took Martin Freeman being in the Hobbit to finally convince them to watch it. So I'm taking my DVDs with me.  The weather will be crappy, so this will be perfect.  My Dad doesn't think anyone can do Sherlock better than RDJ.  I love me some RDJ and Jude Law, but Benedict and Martin blow them out of the water.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

April 7, 2013 12:51 pm  #74

josabby: i tried the same! They liked it but thats it. 

Then i wanted to convince one of my friends. We watched the first four episodes and now she is delighted with bbc sherlock. She can't wait to see "the hounds of baskerville" so I would say it worked  but whether she's already obsessed? I don't know.. Let's wait for her reaction after "the Reichenbachfall" ;)

---------------------------------------------------

"Nichts ist trügerischer, als eine offenkundige Tatsache"

Sherlock's not dead
Corpses don't go to heaven
And he won't leave the flat
For less than a seven 

April 24, 2013 8:50 pm  #75

Yesterday I was asked by a friend how I spent the weekend and I told her about our fan meetup. She doesn't know Sherlock and not much about the ACD books or anything either, but she likes The Hobbit, so at least she knows Martin already. And I think she's curious now. Maybe I can get her to watch my DVDs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 24, 2013 8:55 pm  #76

That's a good start. You can tell her there's a lot of Martin in it and a bit of the other guy with the strange face and the complicated name. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 24, 2013 9:06 pm  #77

She didn't find the name complicated, or at least she didn't say so. I told her he's the voice of Smaug and that he's going to be in Star Trek.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 25, 2013 7:21 am  #78

I hope I attracted the attention of my niece, she watched S1 and I strongly recommended her S2 hoping she´ll share her impressions with me. She may become hooked on.. 

Tout peut arriver dans la vie, et surtout rien.

April 26, 2013 3:20 am  #79

Cute stories.     Got my own fan on my hands, too.  Maybe, oh, a bit over half a year ago, I got my older coworker curious enough since we banter similar favorites in shows/movies all the time, and kept mentioning Sherlock enough (since I knew she was a fellow fan of the movies) that she asked to borrow both my seasons.  Now maybe once a month or so, she's asked me 'so what in the world is up with Sherlock?' and had to remind her that, yeah, I know it was a long break, but they are filming now!  Just have to wait for them to churn it out at the end of the year!  She's certainly not involved in the fandom so to speak (she's in her 70's, which is neat as it is!), but definitely a fan of the actors and enjoys hearing the news I mention.        (Oh, and between overhearing our conversations enough to wonder what the heck we were talking about, another fellow media-fan coworker (young guy, this time) also checked it out... he still likes RDJ's Sherlock better, but agrees it's a great show...  the more to share it with the merrier!)  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 26, 2013 7:02 am  #80

I just convinced my editor - who already likes Sherlock very much - to buy the DVDs of PE and she loves it. The woman's got taste. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera