BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2013 3:52 pm  #341

Re: Germany board meet up

Mattlocked wrote:

Harriet,which direction?
Susi,I love my orange pants

So you picked the right one. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 21, 2013 4:05 pm  #342

Back home now and having dinner.
It was a great weekend and that being said, you were all great, I really had the feeling that we have spoken the same language regarding to Sherlock. That does not happen very often to me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 21, 2013 4:53 pm  #343

Dinner? OMG, I have the feeling I can never eat again. 
(What I said earlier in the train was a joke. But I will return to your offer later, Harriet  )

I only can repeat Mary's post. A great weekend (not that I expected anything else) and it was great fun getting to know you all - respectively meeting you again. And another big thank you to Tobe! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 21, 2013 5:03 pm  #344

Good, so I don't have to share my dinner tonight 

Any time, Mattlocked, any time! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 21, 2013 5:12 pm  #345

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 21, 2013 6:01 pm  #346

It was absolutely wonderful!
Everyone was so nice and the atmosphere was great and tobe is a wonderful host with a BEAUTIFUL flat (books books Sherlock books dvds england england books books SHERLOCK dvds england BOOKS sherlock) and it was really fun! 
And look at the amazing bags Susi made for us all! I got the blue one! :D

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

April 21, 2013 6:05 pm  #347

Oh yeah, can we just talk about tobe's flat?
It's got such a beautiful style!  
There were so many Great Britain flags and everything was just red/white/blue and everything was just about England and I have to mention these extraordinary napkins "Keep calm and carry on" and I just wanted to move in.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 21, 2013 6:08 pm  #348

I want the couch at least. And the bookshelf. 

April 21, 2013 6:13 pm  #349

Lily wrote:

.... a BEAUTIFUL flat (books books Sherlock books dvds england england books books SHERLOCK dvds england BOOKS sherlock)....

A perfect description, btw. 

April 21, 2013 6:16 pm  #350

Tobe, there's only one important thing missing: Where's your skull? Everybody needs one!

By the way, here's the bison skull I was talking about. Sooner or later my father will agree to it.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 21, 2013 6:19 pm  #351

That one is beautiful!

April 21, 2013 6:22 pm  #352

Mary Me wrote:

Tobe, there's only one important thing missing: Where's your skull? Everybody needs one!

By the way, here's the bison skull I was talking about. Sooner or later my father will agree to it.

Why does the description say it's "western style"? They should call it "Bakerstreet style" and sales figures would go up!
Tobe's flat is just lovely, it feels warm and welcoming. And the sofa is great for sleeping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 21, 2013 6:32 pm  #353

"Bakerstreet Style"!  I also think this one is pretty. My dad says that it could frighten my friends off - to which I replied "Everyone who doesn't like the skull is not my friend."
And tobe's sofa was also great. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 21, 2013 6:35 pm  #354

The bison skull is great. Very authentic. And you've said all about Tobe's flat. It's just lovely and tailor-made for a Sherlock fan meet-up. 

April 21, 2013 6:36 pm  #355

... or for two meet-ups, or three...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 21, 2013 7:17 pm  #356

I also made it back safely despite all the confusing traffic. The meetup was really great (that can't be said often enough). And probably I won't have to eat anything for the next two days or so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 21, 2013 7:26 pm  #357

The flat is very special indeed... ;-) It was very nice meeting y'all!! Though I officially invited myself to this party...

Tobe asked me to thank you so much for your kind words and how glad she is that you enjoyed the meetup! Shes feeling a little bit like John in HOUNDS right now - shes taken some meds and is off to bed. should come back laterz! ;-)

Look, I'm in shock - I have a blanket!!

April 21, 2013 7:28 pm  #358

Oh, thank you, miss camembert, that's good to hear. She'll sleep it off, I suppose. 

Last edited by SusiGo (April 21, 2013 7:29 pm)

April 21, 2013 7:48 pm  #359

Was nice to meet you again, too.
Please have an eye on her, so she won't get up and search for The Womanwoman - or somebody similar.
Best wishes!!

April 22, 2013 4:43 am  #360

Oh, it's 6:43 and Tobe's not online - I hope we didn't exhaust her too much!
Should Susi have left you the smelling salt?

Board footera