BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 19, 2013 8:31 am  #81

Re: Benedict's voice

Moderator, pls do something, folks are getting naughty again 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 19, 2013 8:36 am  #82

Shall I delete my post or give a warning? Listening to these ads may seriously affect your brain? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 19, 2013 8:42 am  #83

Well, if you don't take it serious, it's up to you.... 

Last edited by Harriet (April 19, 2013 8:43 am)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 19, 2013 11:10 am  #84

Flanks eh! Very mechanical sounding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 19, 2013 11:22 am  #85

Well, checked it over and over again now... it's really just about cars. Flanks. Rear ends. And stuff.
We can calm down 

April 19, 2013 11:26 am  #86

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 21, 2013 1:21 am  #87

April 21, 2013 4:15 pm  #88

Found this cute little snippet in Ariane DeVere's transcript:

[Memo to Benedict Cumberbatch: could you please not go into full cello-jaguar voice when I'm typing this late at night and wearing headphones cranked up loud? It's not good for my underwear. Kthxbai.]

Last edited by Harriet (April 21, 2013 4:16 pm)

April 21, 2013 4:41 pm  #89

Mysteria: OMG
Harriet: LOLOL

May 31, 2013 6:33 am  #90

Okay, so apparently this came out at least a year ago, but I've never heard of it or saw anything mentioned here/online?  Probably in the wrong circles for it, only ever playing a knock-off bejeweled on my phone....    We all heard of Benedict putting his fantastic voice to work for him with car commercials and radio shows, but... what about this?

(bit more of an explanatory description about it: http://toucharcade.com/2013/05/03/the-nightjar-review-an-impressive-auditory-maze-of-fright/)
I..... uhh....  if I bothered with games like that, I think I'd have a really hard time paying attention to what he was actually saying!!      

On that note (hehe) while we're on the subject, here's another recent ad he did.  We've seen a Pedigree commercial on here before... heh, apparently they like using his voice too, because here's another one:

Warning... this one's a little sadder than the usual 'this food is great for your dog' ad he did before.  Not to say anything about Pedigree's style or whether they're good...     Oh Ben.....  why you swirl me all up again with your voice??   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 5, 2013 10:55 pm  #91

I haven't ever quoted Christina Aguilera before but this seems appropriate.

"He's a one stop shop, makes the panties drop.
He's a sweet talking sugar coated candyman."

I've always had a thing for a sexy voice and I've loved accents since I first fell in love with Davie Jones.   I never stood a chance with Ben.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 12, 2013 6:28 pm  #92

Benedict's voice was a huge factor for me falling for him, that Alan Rickman impression just about tipped me over the edge as I adore AR and am a huge Snape fan. I was like  "That's it, I'm sold.". I think a hot voice is sooo vital, I mean, I love Richard Armitage too - nuff said.

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

November 20, 2015 11:37 pm  #93

I can't believe we have a thread about Ben's voice without this:

(Or maybe I missed it, in that case it's worth posting again). This never fails to leave me as a puddle on the floor.

Last edited by Vhanja (November 20, 2015 11:38 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 20, 2015 11:55 pm  #94

Silly me, I didn't check if there was already a thread 

Anyway, here is my post copied over from the superfluous thread. Maybe a mod can delete the other one?

ukaunz wrote:

Benedict's voice has been described as sounding like a jaguar hiding in a cello, or the auditory equivalent of chocolate-covered sex whiskey. He's also bloody good at impersonations. Let's all post and discuss our favourite examples here

I could listen to him recite the phone book (do they even exist anymore?) but I especially like to hear him recite poetry and literature.

Last edited by ukaunz (November 20, 2015 11:57 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 21, 2015 8:18 am  #95

He has a wonderfully lyrical voice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 21, 2015 4:38 pm  #96

Two words.   Liquid Sex

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 21, 2015 7:41 pm  #97

tonnaree wrote:

Two words.   Liquid Sex

It does not surprise me at all that the ese are your words, tonnaree.

I don't know how I'd describe Benedict's voice other than "Benedict Cumberbatch's voice." Perahps warm, deep and expressive?

Clueing for looks.

November 22, 2015 3:33 pm  #98

Yitzock wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Two words.   Liquid Sex

It does not surprise me at all that the ese are your words, tonnaree.

I don't know how I'd describe Benedict's voice other than "Benedict Cumberbatch's voice." Perahps warm, deep and expressive?

Oh, the person who described it as a jaguar trapped in a cello got it perfect.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 23, 2015 9:59 am  #99

Yes, his voice also made me being captivated by Benedict. I had already seen him in dubbed versions of Sherlock and STID before I heard his voice the first time. Think, I mentioned that before in this thread... in several other threads actually.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

Board footera