BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2013 12:14 pm  #1941

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible for us Non Functioning Sociopaths to make impressive deductions about fellow human beings. We're just not Sherlock and our brain does not work like his. :/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 16, 2013 4:19 pm  #1942

...While learning how to throw a javelin in PE, you lean on the thing and say 'That was tedious.'
...You constantly wonder what it's like in everyone's 'funny little brains' while wondering if yours is just as weird
...You constantly are on the lookout for characters that are antisocial genii so they can join the club with Arty and Sherlock
...You consistently read any long word starting with 'R' as 'Reichenbach'

Last edited by Sky Holt (April 16, 2013 4:20 pm)

Threatened with burning 'cos his stories were tall
Sherlock Holmes had a great fall
All Mycroft's horses and all Lestrade's men
Couldn't put John back together again

Get your salt and get your gun
An IOU apple? C'mon, you must think!
Let us go -- be ready to run
And remember -- above all -- DO NOT BLINK.

Warning: awkward newbie alert! I will be tenatively posting in random topics until I have established some kind of a rough presence. And then I will probabably continue doing so. You have been warned.

My first fanfic Crossover between Sherlock and AF

April 16, 2013 5:33 pm  #1943

When you see someone with a Burton Sherlock snowboard and you think 'Oh yeah!'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 17, 2013 1:58 am  #1944

You're having dinner with some friends and you know one of them is a Sherlockian and you just can't wait for a chance to steer the conversation that that direction. (Mission accomplished, by the way.)

Last edited by veecee (April 17, 2013 3:06 am)

April 17, 2013 4:52 am  #1945

...when you come across the name "Kamberovic" and instantly think that this might be the South Eastern European form of "Cumberbatch".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 17, 2013 7:25 am  #1946

tobeornot221b wrote:

...when you come across the name "Kamberovic" and instantly think that this might be the South Eastern European form of "Cumberbatch".

​ I just found this:

Бенедикт Камбербэтч

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 17, 2013 1:51 pm  #1947

i have something to add
You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when... you try to make a Sherlockian out of normal people.
You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when... you fangirl over a scarf
You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when... you fangirl over a riding crop (i don't even know if that's appropriate)
You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when... you fangirl over a gray jumper
You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when... you started to play with your father's cane pretending to have a limp

Last edited by myrarobles (April 17, 2013 1:53 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 17, 2013 3:04 pm  #1948

Lol

Even worse: you have a limping which wondrously vanishes as soon as S3 starts. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (April 17, 2013 3:05 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 18, 2013 6:44 am  #1949

When your laptop is clogged up with Martin freeman and Benedict cumberbatch pictures and keeps crashing due to lack of memory 

April 18, 2013 2:29 pm  #1950

Ems1 wrote:

When your laptop is clogged up with Martin freeman and Benedict cumberbatch pictures and keeps crashing due to lack of memory 

mine too! LOL
i think we need to build a museum, for all the things that was ruined due to addiction to Sherlock 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 18, 2013 5:00 pm  #1951

When you save that annoying telemarketing call in Sherlock Holmes' name and be happy in getting his calls everyday and seeing his name appear on your handset screen

April 19, 2013 2:50 pm  #1952

When you want to make your daughter take a pic of a man wearing a purple shirt.  But it was a nice shirt. Just saying.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 19, 2013 7:51 pm  #1953

holmes23 wrote:

When you save that annoying telemarketing call in Sherlock Holmes' name and be happy in getting his calls everyday and seeing his name appear on your handset screen

Oh what fun!  How do you do that? I get so many calls from someone named "Unavailable". Ha, ha! I'd love to hear from "Sherlock Holmes" instead.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

April 20, 2013 5:05 pm  #1954

Yes. It's like turning something really bad into something really desirable. There is an option to save numbers in whatever names you like either in real names or in some fancy names.Then you would know who's calling  Isn't it always so? I saved the number in Sherlock Holmes' name and when the firm calls it's his name displayed on the screen. I never attend the phone call, they are trash, I just enjoy his name flashing on the screen

April 21, 2013 11:44 pm  #1955

When you get excited that Winter is coming because you can wear your scarf and long coat.

================================================================

April 22, 2013 4:35 am  #1956

Michele wrote:

When you get excited that Winter is coming because you can wear your scarf and long coat.

Watching Game of Thrones always makes me get excited that Winter Is Coming, btw - yet, after this particular winter... I'm not too sad it's over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 22, 2013 6:25 am  #1957

I haven't watched Game of Thrones but as I was writing it I was reminded of the meme of 'Boromir' saying that. Unfortunately Australian winters aren't as cold as European winters. But nothings stopping me wearing my scarf and imagining I'm Sherlock!
Or wearing a scarf and a striped jumper and imagining I'm John and Sherlock's love child... for all the Johnlock fans!

================================================================

April 22, 2013 6:22 pm  #1958

When you try to get with someone from the royal family and use "honey, you should see me in a crown" as a pick-up line.

“Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?"

April 24, 2013 8:39 pm  #1959

... when you see Real Madrid and think "I'm the real".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 24, 2013 8:45 pm  #1960

LOL

… when you visit Poland and try to convert people to Sherlock and Parade's End. 

Board footera