BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2013 3:20 pm  #1

Which version?

Which Sherlock/John version do you picture in your head when you write and/or read fanfic?
(I am curious because mine seem to change fluidly depending on what I am working on: sometimes I even see them as anime! Of course now that I've said that, you can all laugh at me.)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

April 16, 2013 3:37 pm  #2

Re: Which version?

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Which Sherlock/John version do you picture in your head when you write and/or read fanfic?
(I am curious because mine seem to change fluidly depending on what I am working on: sometimes I even see them as anime! Of course now that I've said that, you can all laugh at me.)

Oh, no reason to laugh, I think. There are a few books where my imagination always switches to cartoons, such as all the discword novels. (And with using the word "cartoon" instead of "anime" I've probably demonstrated how old I am. I never caught up with anime.)

When reading, I usually see them as shown on BBC, even when I read canon. Only that then they wear funny clothing. There was a time (loooooong ago, like weeks!!), when my mind would stop seeing what I'm reading when Johnlock stories got to explicit. That's over now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 17, 2013 1:27 pm  #3

Re: Which version?

Writing:
Depends on what fandom I am writing for. Since I mostly write for BBC Sherlock, that is what/who I see in my head. If I was writing fanfiction for the Downey Jnr films, I would picture those actors/characters in my head.
Reading: fanfiction
I mostly read fanfiction that is written for the BBC Sherlock fandom so I still picture benji & marty.
Reading: original connon doyle stories.
For some reason, I find it easier to picture a younger version of Downey Jnr (perhaps from his Chaplin days); not sure why. I guess the Downey films were the first major visual exposure I had to the Holmes stories and I chased up the original short stories after watching the first Downey Jnr film so it kind of stuck with me.

Board footera