BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2013 3:24 pm  #1

Series 3 Episode 2 - The Sign of Three

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-04-10/sherlock-series-3-episode-2-title-revealed-as-the-sign-of-three

Sure you've all heard by now but thought I'd give it an official thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 10, 2013 6:45 pm  #2

Re: Series 3 Episode 2 - The Sign of Three

According to Baker Street Babes and Sherlockology, the second episode in Sherlock, season there will be titled "The Sign of Three" - obvioulsy based on the canon 'The Sign of Four'. 

I remember that story well, but I will re-read it closer to the debut of season 3.

And I believe I read that the first episode will be titled "The Empty Hearse"

So, we know the titles of two of the three new episodes for season 3! Yeah!

April 11, 2013 1:21 pm  #3

Do you think the name refers to the crime or the wedding?

Last edited by Myraya (April 11, 2013 1:21 pm)

April 11, 2013 3:30 pm  #4

Well, John doesn't actually get married in Sign of Four, it's simply the story where he meets Mary for the first time and asks her to marry him, so the "wedding" clue could still be deceptive.

When I think Sign of Three, it makes me think Sherlock, John and Mary, but it's probably something to do with a case more than anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 11, 2013 3:40 pm  #5

In canon the wedding (at least the John/Mary wedding) comes before the fall. So let's see what Moftiss make of this. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 14, 2013 7:10 pm  #6

Yeah, and by the time Sherlock comes back, Mary is no longer on the scene, presumed dead.

April 14, 2013 8:14 pm  #7

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, and by the time Sherlock comes back, Mary is no longer on the scene, presumed dead.

Which comes in quite handy as Watson can move back to 221B. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 14, 2013 8:25 pm  #8

SusiGo wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Which comes in quite handy as Watson can move back to 221B. 

Which is exactly where he needs to be.

In the bath.

April 14, 2013 8:28 pm  #9

I couldn't agree more. 

April 14, 2013 8:34 pm  #10

John will move into the bath? What happened to the bedroom upstairs?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 14, 2013 8:39 pm  #11

They're both going to move into the bath.

April 14, 2013 8:40 pm  #12

Fine with me. They can have tea in the bathtub. Or champagne. To celebrate the reunion. 

April 14, 2013 8:46 pm  #13

So that's what they needed the bathtub for. Wait - isn't that a spoiler?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 14, 2013 8:53 pm  #14

Aww...in the Jeremy Brett series Mrs Hudson brings them both champagne to celebrate Holmes' return. And Watson puts a fez on...inexplicably.

April 14, 2013 8:53 pm  #15

A bathtub isn't a spoiler, it's a standard household item.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 14, 2013 8:59 pm  #16

Not in 221B it isn't! At least...we've not seen one before...yet...hopefully we will soon.

April 22, 2013 12:00 pm  #17

If it comes from Sue Vertue we will have to believe it now. Will we?

https://twitter.com/suevertue/status/326290197409046528/photo/1

Last edited by Be (April 22, 2013 12:01 pm)

April 22, 2013 12:10 pm  #18

"Aww...in the Jeremy Brett series Mrs Hudson brings them both champagne to celebrate Holmes' return. And Watson puts a fez on...inexplicably."

Wheras in this series, Watson seems to put a moustache on. Granada: 1 Sherlock: 0

And btw, I hope this doesn't constitute a spoiler, but those are some weird birds.

Last edited by beekeeper (April 22, 2013 12:11 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

April 23, 2013 9:08 am  #19

beekeeper wrote:

"Aww...in the Jeremy Brett series Mrs Hudson brings them both champagne to celebrate Holmes' return. And Watson puts a fez on...inexplicably."

Wheras in this series, Watson seems to put a moustache on. Granada: 1 Sherlock: 0

And btw, I hope this doesn't constitute a spoiler, but those are some weird birds.

*gasps* Are they British Birds???

April 23, 2013 10:30 am  #20

dunno if they are British birds...they look like a dragon and a magpie on steroids to me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

Board footera