BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2013 10:09 am  #1

Bonjour !

Hi everyone, I'm Jessica, I'm 25 years old and I live in France.

I have to say that I'm a newbie in the Sherlock fandom beacause I watched the episodes for the frst time 2 months ago. The reason why I haven't seen them earlier is because I didn't want to. Please don't judge me, I have a good reason for that. The thing is that i have a lot of friends who were fan of Sherlock and they were talking about it all the time and i generally hate to wath things everyone watch and love. So I decided not to watch Sherlock for a long time. That's weird I know But then one of my best friend convinced me and I finally watched the first episode with her and waow, the first thing that i thought was " jesus, i should punch myself for not watching this brilliant show earlier ". I really regret i didn't give it a chance until now because this is definitely one of the most amazing series I have ever seen and the cast is amazing as well. I'm really looking forward to see the season 3 Well, i think that is all ( i'm not good when i have to talk about me ) but if you have some questions, don't hesitate

Nice to meet you all ;) x

When I say run, run ! 

April 13, 2013 10:11 am  #2

Re: Bonjour !

Welcome, Jessica, good to hear you couldn't resist Sherlock in the end. Hope you'll have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 13, 2013 11:10 am  #3

Hi Jessica, welcome.
I'm the same, I hate it when you HAVE to like something. (Avoided Lord of the rings for years because everybody said I should watch it.) Good for me that none of my friends had discovered Sherlock when I switched into it accidentially.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 13, 2013 3:10 pm  #4

Bienvenue Jessica. I hope you have a great time here. Better late than never!

Brittany is very beautiful. I stayed there once. The stones at Carnac are amazing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 13, 2013 3:47 pm  #5

welcome here, Jes!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

April 13, 2013 5:16 pm  #6

Hi, Jessica. I've been to brittany quite a few times as ffriends of my grandmother live there. As Davina said, it's very beautiful and the part I go to has amazing beaches and fabulous fez noz celebrations!!  Which part of brittany are you from?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

April 13, 2013 6:42 pm  #7

Welcome to the forum, Jessica.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

April 13, 2013 7:08 pm  #8

Nice to have you  around 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 13, 2013 7:27 pm  #9

Bienvenue, Jessica!
I'm a little jealous of peopel who have just discovered Sherlock. It's like having a brand-new crush!

April 14, 2013 7:55 am  #10

Welcome to the forum from another newbie  

---------------------------------------------------

"Nichts ist trügerischer, als eine offenkundige Tatsache"

Sherlock's not dead
Corpses don't go to heaven
And he won't leave the flat
For less than a seven 

April 14, 2013 1:38 pm  #11

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome !

To answer your question, Molly Hooper, I live in Brest, a little city on the top left of the country on the side of the ocean.

When I say run, run ! 

June 1, 2013 10:42 am  #12

I don't like watching "popular" things either, even though most if the things I actually like now are popular. I guess they must be popular for a reason, right?

Welcome to the forum.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 1, 2013 11:51 am  #13

Hi Jessica. I've never been to France but it must be wonderful country. You levae  on the side of the ocean sounds interesting.
I don't like talking about myself and I think I can understand You easily. It's very good that You watched Sherlock. Have a good time here.
Cheers from rainy Poland.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

Board footera