BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2013 8:37 pm  #1

Mark Gatiss on future of Sherlock

There's a distinct possibility someone has posted this already seeing as it's an article from last month and things happen so quickly in the Sherlock world these days but...

http://tv.uk.msn.com/news/sherlock-could-go-on-20-years-2

We've heard them say similar things before of course, but I like the comparison to Bruce and Rathbone. I'd very much like that too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 25, 2013 9:43 pm  #2

Re: Mark Gatiss on future of Sherlock

I do hope Gatiss is right... 

A severed head...
Just tea, thanks.

April 11, 2013 2:13 pm  #3

Wow. That would be pretty cool. I wiould love to see it happen, but I don't think it will, only because Benedict and Martin are pretty popular actors at the moment, and would most likely want to move on to other things. Hopefully they can do this simultaneously while still filming Sherlock! Maybe it could be like Dr. Who and go on forever, however have the same characters throughout each series. Who knows? 

April 12, 2013 12:44 am  #4

It's probably marginly more possible than a regular TV show because a season is only 3 episodes rather than an episode a week. It's not out of the realm of possibilty that they could continue to make them long into the future. It wouldn't require as much time from Benedict and Martin's schedule.
I do hope that they don't do something like randomly change actors if one or both of them can't do it anymore. Unlike Doctor Who you can't change main characters so easily.

================================================================

April 12, 2013 1:01 am  #5

It is not a weekly soap opera nor is it a very long run of episodes. They have managed to get as far as Series 3 without any undue problems, despite both Benedict and Martin having lots of other work to keep them busy (which is a good thing). As long as they are both happy to continue and the writers are happy to do so as well then I can see no reason why the series should not continue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 22, 2013 8:34 pm  #6

Please,  please,  please, let us be here in 20 years discussing the next series due out with the same actors. It isn't too much to ask, I hope....

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

December 30, 2014 11:23 am  #7

Thank you kete! That s a lot of work you have been done on this fiirst day of year  

December 30, 2014 11:36 am  #8

First day of the year?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera