BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2013 8:43 am  #521

Re: Cumberspotting - most recent photos

he´s a sweetheart. but I admire him so much to be so kind and patient to his fans, really, I´m absolutely not that type of person who likes chatting with strangers, and I can hardly understand it. and if I met Ben, I´d probably run away 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

April 7, 2013 9:19 am  #522

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

he´s a sweetheart. but I admire him so much to be so kind and patient to his fans, really, I´m absolutely not that type of person who likes chatting with strangers, and I can hardly understand it. and if I met Ben, I´d probably run away 

You'd drop your bag and exclaim, "YOU'RE HIM!"

April 7, 2013 9:21 am  #523

yes, on the wrong toilet 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

April 7, 2013 9:56 am  #524

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

April 10, 2013 8:26 am  #525

Maybe this has been already posted

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

April 10, 2013 8:37 am  #526

Aw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 10, 2013 8:43 am  #527

His hair looks so fluffy. Yay!

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

April 10, 2013 10:20 am  #528

tiharoa wrote:

Maybe this has been already posted

So many of his fans have their mommies along, lol. Makes me feel like Methuselah.

April 10, 2013 7:54 pm  #529

Oh how beautiful he is....

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 11, 2013 8:02 pm  #530

From Twitter:

James Rhodes ‏@JRhodesPianist 1h
Dinner w best friend tonight, Book of Mormon tomorrow & Sherlock set and party w Cumberbatch Saturday. Piano also not too shabby #lucky

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 12, 2013 12:11 am  #531

ancientsgate wrote:

So many of his fans have their mommies along, lol. Makes me feel like Methuselah.

I think you mean "So many of his fans have their daughters along."  My daughter thinks he is "funny-looking."  (Not my fault, she was abandoned on my doorstep as an infant, I have no idea where the brain damage came from.)

Anyway, there seems to be a push starting on Twitter to get BC to the top (or even on) the People Magazine 100 Most Beautiful People list in November. . 

I guess they start the process early, so mail fave beautiful pics to editor@people.com and ask how is this NOT the most beautiful man ever? 

An album of shots here The Beautiful Benedict Cumberbatch

April 12, 2013 1:03 am  #532

My son also said thinks he is 'strange looking'. He then qualified that with that he guesses some women will be attracted by these sort of unusual looks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 12, 2013 7:08 am  #533

Lovely message from James.
Well if Benedict doesn't get off with Louise, I damn well hope James does!
Do we think this is the end of ep 7 party?
Incidentally, I was chatting to a Mum at the filming and she was saying how delighted her kids were with the boys being so nice to them.  I told her it was always a good move to bring little kids, as Benedict just homes in on them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 12, 2013 8:24 am  #534

besleybean wrote:

Incidentally, I was chatting to a Mum at the filming and she was saying how delighted her kids were with the boys being so nice to them.  I told her it was always a good move to bring little kids, as Benedict just homes in on them!

This is a Benedict Cumberbatch quote from an old Q&A from The Guardian:

What has been your biggest disappointment?
Not being a dad by the age of 32.

April 12, 2013 6:38 pm  #535

MysteriaSleuthbedder wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

I think you mean "So many of his fans have their daughters along."  My daughter thinks he is "funny-looking."  (Not my fault, she was abandoned on my doorstep as an infant, I have no idea where the brain damage came from.)

Maybe. Could be either way, of course, now that I think about it. I think Ben's attractiveness and his fascinating Sherlock should be appealing to anyone with ovaries, lol. But I do have female friends who think he's ugly; I've offered them the funds for good, comprehensive eye exams, but they're unrepentant.

April 12, 2013 7:44 pm  #536

ancientsgate wrote:

I think Ben's attractiveness and his fascinating Sherlock should be appealing to anyone with ovaries, lol. But I do have female friends who think he's ugly; I've offered them the funds for good, comprehensive eye exams, but they're unrepentant.

This is going to sound silly, possibly, considering how incredibly photogenic he is, but I suspect, and I could be wrong, that those of us who are (even tho' it's a bit embarassing to say) Cumberbatched, have a few IQ points on those who can only see irregularities in feature. Looks, no matter how fine, are only looks.

It's the work.  Who is not in love with Hawking and Teitjens and how is this talent I can't find words to describe not beautiful?  It makes him beautiful to see. He brings them all with him.

Last edited by MysteriaSleuthbedder (April 12, 2013 7:45 pm)

April 12, 2013 8:49 pm  #537

MysteriaSleuthbedder wrote:

It's the work.  Who is not in love with Hawking and Teitjens and how is this talent I can't find words to describe not beautiful?  It makes him beautiful to see. He brings them all with him.

Here! Here! Totally agree!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

April 12, 2013 8:57 pm  #538

So do I. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 12, 2013 10:08 pm  #539

Sorry, don't mean to overpost in the thread, but the last one of these I saw, the sign was not clear, saw this one today:

So, Dude, what's with that hat? 

April 12, 2013 10:40 pm  #540

So Sherlock is not on twitter. Interesting. What about Benedict?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

Board footera