BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2013 10:07 pm  #781

Re: Cabin pressure

Here's what John has to say about the last episode - quite a lot. 

http://johnfinnemore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/yverdon-les-bains.html

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 15, 2013 10:16 pm  #782

He writes just like Arthur talks. 
Can't read the last post, yet. Hubby and me still have to listen to Y.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 16, 2013 4:13 am  #783

I thought Yverdon-Les-Bains was the best episode of Series 4.  I barely stopped laughing for the entire 28 minutes. 

SPOILER ALERT (SORT OF); Don't read further if you haven't listened yet!

I haven't read JF's blog yet so I could be way off here, but I'd like to predict that Martin decides to take the job and that Carolyn, Arthur, and Douglas end up moving to Switzerland, too, and somehow MJN is acquired by Swiss Airways and Martin becomes their boss.  Since he's not exactly a genius--except, perhaps, at reading 600-page tech manuals--there is plenty of scope for additional episodes since Douglas is still resentful, Arthur is still clueless, and Carolyn still has to resovle her relationship with Herc.  I think that would be, er, brilliant!

And I don't see how there cannot be a special episode for Zurich!

I mean, if 17,000 people tried to get tickets to the tapings, wouldn't the BBC take notice and realize they have something good going here?  That's obvious to me, anyway!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

February 16, 2013 8:17 am  #784

It may be more about the willingness of writer and actors to continue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 16, 2013 8:40 pm  #785

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I thought Yverdon-Les-Bains was the best episode of Series 4.  I barely stopped laughing for the entire 28 minutes. 

SPOILER ALERT (SORT OF); Don't read further if you haven't listened yet!

I haven't read JF's blog yet so I could be way off here, but I'd like to predict that Martin decides to take the job and that Carolyn, Arthur, and Douglas end up moving to Switzerland, too, and somehow MJN is acquired by Swiss Airways and Martin becomes their boss.  Since he's not exactly a genius--except, perhaps, at reading 600-page tech manuals--there is plenty of scope for additional episodes since Douglas is still resentful, Arthur is still clueless, and Carolyn still has to resovle her relationship with Herc.  I think that would be, er, brilliant!

And I don't see how there cannot be a special episode for Zurich!

I mean, if 17,000 people tried to get tickets to the tapings, wouldn't the BBC take notice and realize they have something good going here?  That's obvious to me, anyway!

Well, let's hope JF reads this forum!

February 21, 2013 6:09 pm  #786

Series 4 is now available to download at:

http://www.audiogo.com/uk

This is the home of BBC audiobooks and radio programmes.

Last edited by Davina (February 21, 2013 6:11 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 21, 2013 9:50 pm  #787

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Yeah.....and I was three of them, so maybe only 6,000 wanted a ticket

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

February 21, 2013 10:25 pm  #788

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 22, 2013 7:15 am  #789

Wow, that's brilliant! 
We could make a list like this, too. But I wonder if there's anything left unmentioned.
(E.g."Never let the steward sip your ......." .I forgot the name of the drink which does the same to Arthur as water to a gremlin...  )

Last edited by Mattlocked (February 22, 2013 7:24 am)

February 22, 2013 7:16 am  #790

There are more rules in the commentaries, e.g. about the treatment of BMWs. 

February 22, 2013 7:19 am  #791

Ah, I see.
Also something like this, lol:
“If female, do not, under any circumstances, attempt to engage the Captain in conversation. Ever.”

February 22, 2013 7:22 am  #792

Poor Skip. 

February 22, 2013 7:23 am  #793

Just thought of another one:

In case of snow never allow the steward to leave the plane - if you want to be home in time.

April 10, 2013 6:59 am  #794

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

April 10, 2013 7:08 am  #795

Wow, this is amazing. I love it! 

April 10, 2013 2:17 pm  #796

Great one!!!
I was wondering if JF has seen it, and yes, he left a comment already. 

April 10, 2013 8:59 pm  #797

That's so cute!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

April 10, 2013 9:09 pm  #798

That´s awesome. I have just posted in on my facebook account, although I am nearly sure that I am the only person amongst my friends who understands it .

April 10, 2013 9:15 pm  #799

I sometimes post CP things as well. Nobody understands them but so what? 

April 10, 2013 11:18 pm  #800

I've posted it on Facebook and Twitter but I expect general...apathy.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera