BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2013 3:59 pm  #281

Re: London Board Meet Up (Monday 25th March 2013)

Received a lovely postcard today - and added it to the picture collection.
THANK YOU!!! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 28, 2013 4:00 pm  #282

You're welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 28, 2013 4:43 pm  #283

ancientsgate wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Currently, I'm out of action due to a feverish cold. Wrapped in two orange blankets in a comfy seat I may be able to organize and post some of my London photos shortly.

Orange blankets like the one Sherlock was wrapped in, in the back of that ambulance? Are you in shock? *grin* Actually, you might be in shock, after your whirlwind trip and enduring all that nasty weather. Bundle up and get well soon.

Ha!  I was just going to say the same thing!   Aww... hope it wasn't the horrible weather!
Lucky.... those looked so nice!   Thanks for sharing!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 28, 2013 9:35 pm  #284

Just got home and came here directly so haven't looked at the pics yet.  But--Welcome Back, KeepersPrice!  The weather is definitely warmer this side of the pond, finally.    I can't wait to hear all about everything; though it'll have to wait until I recover from the cold I'm coming down with--I empathize with you, Tobe.  And thanks in advance for the Quavers!  What other Sherlock-related food, besides the Speedy's wrap, did you eat--Chinese, perhaps???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

March 28, 2013 9:39 pm  #285

ancientsgate wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

And I'm the one with the blue boots.

Oh, cool, we can ID by the boots, lol!
Susi, is your daughter in those pics?
And I presume the loo pic is from the SH museum? Ahhh, Sherlock's loo.......

Yes, she is. In the pub photo she's between biscuitbear (the deerstalker) and me on the left side. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 28, 2013 9:42 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 28, 2013 9:43 pm  #286

Okay, just looked at the pics.  Questions: Who brought the cloth banner (great idea)?  What does the sign outside the house next to Speedy's say (it was cut off or the text was too small for me to make it out)?  It looked like someone was on a roof next to the Baker St sign; if yes, how did you get up there and who was it?  Comments:  Loved the red accent in two people's coats.  Loved the nail decorations on someone's hand.  Thanks for the great pics!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

March 28, 2013 10:13 pm  #287

Did anyone leave a note on the phone box?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 28, 2013 10:19 pm  #288

The smiley face member brought the banner.  

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 29, 2013 7:00 am  #289

horserider99 wrote:

Did anyone leave a note on the phone box?

Yes, Tobe left my photo there. You can see it on the picture in the left bottom corner. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 6, 2013 7:30 pm  #290

Hey guys...if anyone has pictures of The Doctor where her face can be clearly seen, could you either obscure them or remove them?? It's not because she wants to hide from all of us, it's some other more boring people she's hiding from.

Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 6, 2013 8:04 pm  #291

Been meaning to say how happy I am for all of you that you had this meetup. Also, very, very jealous!

Exactly who all was there?

I imagine the addresses for the Sherlock locations are all over the web, but I wonder if there was one place you went in particular to set up itinerary. My next trip I expect to be convincing my husband to visit them all.

Thanks!

April 6, 2013 8:36 pm  #292

Members present: Sherlock Holmes, Tobe, The Doctor, Keepers Price, Sherlockhound, Biscuitbear, yours truly and my daughter. 

Must sees are IMO: Speedy's and St Barts. And if there's enough time Irene's house and the mews around the corner where the legendary "Punch me in the face" was re-enacted by The Doctor and KP. 

April 6, 2013 8:54 pm  #293

SusiGo wrote:

Members present: Sherlock Holmes, Tobe, The Doctor, Keepers Price, Sherlockhound, Biscuitbear, yours truly and my daughter. 

Must sees are IMO: Speedy's and St Barts. And if there's enough time Irene's house and the mews around the corner where the legendary "Punch me in the face" was re-enacted by The Doctor and KP. 

Oooohhhhh, KP went to Angelo's. I'd have to go there, sit in the window. *dreams*

April 6, 2013 9:17 pm  #294

Go, sit, dream, and see who's coming. 

April 7, 2013 2:28 am  #295

ancientsgate wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Oooohhhhh, KP went to Angelo's. I'd have to go there, sit in the window. *dreams*

Finding myself sitting in the window at 'Angelos' was just an awesome experience - I can barely describe how surreal it felt.  I found the place at around 4:00 pm after wandering around Soho for a bit. It's a tapas bar/restaurant and it's really friendly and cozy inside.  I ordered some kind of fizzy cocktail and just sat in the window sipping, looking out dreaming and telling myself I was in the exact same spot as the famous 'I'm Not His Date' scene.  I was sitting on Ben's side but was really picturing John sitting across looking in my direction. I would so be his date! 

So many wonderful, perfect things happened on my London trip and this was definitely one of the highlights!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

April 7, 2013 4:42 am  #296

ancientsgate wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Thanks, Susi and Aggie!

April 8, 2013 7:14 am  #297

Ok, couldn't get on here last night.
Did the Sherlock Holmes museum yesterday and took my sister to see Speedy's and the Sherlokck Holmes pub.
Knew we couldn't get in Speedy's, but she didn't know of the existence of either establishment..
Dunno if hubby and I are going to Speedy's today, so waiting to see if I need to put my Speedy's tshirt on!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 9, 2013 1:44 pm  #298

veecee wrote:

Been meaning to say how happy I am for all of you that you had this meetup. Also, very, very jealous!

Exactly who all was there?

I imagine the addresses for the Sherlock locations are all over the web, but I wonder if there was one place you went in particular to set up itinerary. My next trip I expect to be convincing my husband to visit them all.

Thanks!

I planned the route by getting all the locations of Sherlockology.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 11, 2013 7:34 pm  #299

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Hey guys...if anyone has pictures of The Doctor where her face can be clearly seen, could you either obscure them or remove them?? It's not because she wants to hide from all of us, it's some other more boring people she's hiding from.

I can't remove mine, can't log in and can't recover password...

April 11, 2013 7:43 pm  #300

Yes, there seems to be no "edit" possibility. I recently tried to remove a mistakenly double posted pic, but didn't know how to do it. Strange...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera