BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2013 1:24 am  #1

Hello from the End of the world

Hi , I'm Anabel and I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I discovered the series through a colleague of mine ( I'm a teacher) who recomended it. We watch it online since the American version is the only one broadcasted. But we don't care, I have been using different episodes in my classes and now many of my students have become fans themselves.
I look foward to the new season and so are they!!!

Is it nice not being me?

April 8, 2013 4:27 am  #2

Re: Hello from the End of the world

Hi from one teacher to another!
I'm also working on making my pupils see what a wonderful show it is. Seems to be working so far. How old are the ones you're teaching?
Oh, BTW, it may be my monitor's fault, but for me your blue letters are hard to read!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 8, 2013 4:27 am  #3

Welcome, Anabel, nice to have you with us! Congrats on your good work with your students...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 8, 2013 6:07 am  #4

Welcome, Anabel, nice to have you with us. I envy your students, would have loved to tackle something like Sherlock in school as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 8, 2013 6:57 am  #5

Welcome to the forum Anabel. The blue writing is hard to read. Second member from Buenos Aires! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 8, 2013 9:51 am  #6

A warm welcome - but eeps! A teacher! Two teachers! Yes, I still go to school 
I'm Sky, I joined a few days ago, so it's a bit weird that I'm welcoming you... XD I think (hope?) that everyone's looking forward to S3 
And that's all I have to say, so I shall disappear now!

Threatened with burning 'cos his stories were tall
Sherlock Holmes had a great fall
All Mycroft's horses and all Lestrade's men
Couldn't put John back together again

Get your salt and get your gun
An IOU apple? C'mon, you must think!
Let us go -- be ready to run
And remember -- above all -- DO NOT BLINK.

Warning: awkward newbie alert! I will be tenatively posting in random topics until I have established some kind of a rough presence. And then I will probabably continue doing so. You have been warned.

My first fanfic Crossover between Sherlock and AF

April 8, 2013 10:13 am  #7

Hi Anabel, nice to meet you 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 8, 2013 2:15 pm  #8

Bienvenida, Anabel!

I'm yet another teacher -- English as a Second Language (ESL) -- although not currently teaching.

April 9, 2013 8:16 pm  #9

Thank you for the warm welcome!!
I teach adolescents. The Sherlock project involves kids who are 15, 16 and 17 years old.
They fell in love with the series in such a way that they have even accepted to watch some episodes on their own time at home to complete assignments in class. That's not typical here.
Some of them have given me dvds for me to record the episodes so that they can keep them.
So far we have been using the series to study Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences approach to learning and Daniel Goleman's Emotional Intelligence and how it is more important than IQ.
The debates in class have been more than interesting!!!

Last edited by anabel76 (April 9, 2013 8:18 pm)

Is it nice not being me?

April 12, 2013 2:37 pm  #10

Hi Anabal. Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera