BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2012 5:06 pm  #1

Omegle Role Play

I don't know if anyone's ever been on Omegle, but it's basically a chat room where you log in anonymously and talk to someone else who's logged in anonymously, so no one knows who anyone else is. Apparently Sherlockians have now started role playing on there, so from what I can gather, you log on and get put into a chat room with a stranger, then you have to find someone who's up for it! I found this screen shot online of someone's conversation - they opened up with "I'm looking for John - SH." Obviously if you were a Sherlockian you would know instantly what it was all about and start playing along. I tried it a couple of times using that same opening sentence but didn't find anyone up for it, lol! Looks like it might take quite a while to find the right person, but it's pretty fun trying and it winds people up who aren't interested, like I had someone reply "oh no not that again". That was quite funny. Anyway, here's that conversation I found online:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 23, 2012 6:53 pm  #2

Re: Omegle Role Play

I'm totally addicted now trying to find people on there to talk about Sherlock with. Finally got this one...not a long one but quite cute:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 23, 2012 6:56 pm  #3

February 24, 2012 10:22 pm  #4

Haha! The one with mrs Hudson was cute ^^ It sound fun! I definitely have to try it
........................................................................................................................

Just tried the "looking for Jhon -SH" thing.
Reply: oh god -.- not again..

And then they started to talk about Chuck Norris -.-`

It's quite entertaining! ^_^

Last edited by Ceto (February 24, 2012 10:39 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 25, 2012 3:22 pm  #5

Well that's interesting. lol
My opening line is "Hi why did you jump?"

It scares a few away,lol! No real Sherlock fans yet.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 25, 2012 3:24 pm  #6

yeah, the fun part is seeking out the fans!

February 25, 2012 3:30 pm  #7

I think I've scared quite a few . I changed my opening line " Hi sorry I jumped and then disappeared like that. Awkward business.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 25, 2012 3:43 pm  #8

Stranger: hi
You: Hi sorry I jumped and then disappeared like that. Awkward business.
Stranger: ? lol okay?
You: I am now, it was messy for a while
Stranger: what happened?
You: You saw what happened. I had to do it
Stranger: and you did a very good job, he deserved every little bit you did to him.
You: I didn't do much really, he did it to himself
Stranger: whatever helps you get through the day, but you did good.
You: I guess so, but don't make me a hero. Heroes dont exist & if they did I wouldn't be one.
Stranger: Hero, your a lengend, he was scum, and he got what was coming to him.
You: Yes and now we have to pick up the pieces and move on. It wont be easy
Stranger: what is there to pick up? his body is in the river right? we'll just tell the cops he went on vacation and never came back.
You: I don't really know where his body is. I think my brother got rid of it
Stranger: good, don't your hands dirty kid, the last thing you need is 5'0 on your ass.
You: good lord they are fools! Anyway have you seen Molly? I think I led her on.
Stranger: she vent on vacation, haven't heard from her since.
You: oh god, I hope I didn't break her heart. But I cannot look at her in that way. I love you!
Stranger: your a woman right? cause uhhh i don't swing that way.
You: oh don't play silly with me! We've shared the flat for long enough now!
You: Maybe 'love' was too strong a word?
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

DOH!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

February 25, 2012 7:57 pm  #9

lol, that one really made my laugh XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 25, 2012 8:40 pm  #10

LOL, I get the impression they didn't actually catch on to the whole Sherlock thing! Although sometimes it's even funnier when the joke is one sided!

February 26, 2012 2:07 am  #11

Stranger: hii
You: Hi I miss you
Stranger: Imiss you too </3
You: how have you ben since I left?
You: *been
Stranger: I've been shit to be honest ):
You: I'm so sorry but I HAD to go you know that!
Stranger: I still am a bit skeptical
Stranger: but I trust you
Stranger: I always have and always will
You: You can never know the true danger you were in, it was for the best
You: I know you trust me, its sweet
Stranger: It is just so hard to believe
You: I guess it was hard for everyone to understand
Stranger: I suppose so ):
You: but I will return soon once the others have been disposed of
Stranger: Thank you
Stranger: I need you here
Stranger: and I need them gone
You: have you kept the flat just the way I like it?
Stranger: yes.
Stranger: I even kept our tea routine.
Stranger: every night at half of eight x
You: oh good! you haven't used my whip have you?
Stranger: No, I attempted but I can't bend the way you do
You: its a talent I have. How is Molly?
Stranger: Molly is well, she's asleep right now.
You: at our place?! What has been going on!?
Stranger: no she's in the hospital!
Stranger: You didn't get the message?
Stranger: I rang you five times!
You: NO!!!!!! I never meant for her to get hurt!
You: my phone was errr lost when I jumped
Stranger: It's fine, the doctors say that she will live
Stranger: but her legs must be removed
You: OMG !!!! a lame Molly, well she always was a bit that way anyway
You: and Jim is dead ?
Stranger: As dead as ever
You: thank god, I wonder how they got rid of him?
You: My brother must have done that
Stranger: I think it was him, it must of been.
You: who else? he may be a queen but he's resourceful
Stranger: I've truly lost count
You: And what of Mrs Hudson? is she well?
Stranger: She's doing better
You: Please dont give me bad news of her
You: oh good!
Stranger: yes, yes
Stranger: so where is it you're at now?
You: Um, I can't really tell you. You never know who is watching
Stranger: True
You: But I can see what you are up to. Had a haircut huh?
Stranger: Not recently
You: oh, maybe I am monitoring the wrong man
Stranger: I did get a new job opportunity in Brighton
You: Really? In a private practice?
Stranger: Erm, well not exactly
Stranger: It's more of a social job
You: oh sounds ominous
Stranger: You could say that
You: I hope you're not spreading yourself around too much
Stranger: I am not!
You: oh good. We must maintain a standard
Stranger: true
Stranger: it is well late here
Stranger: I'm a bit tired
You: ok I will contact you again via the 'other way' ok. Stay safe
Stranger: http://www.facebook.com/XXXXXXXXXX
you know where to reach me
You: good be brave soldier!
Stranger: Igualmente
Stranger: and godspeed
You: Laterz!

Oh dear, and he looks like such a nice young man too!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 10, 2012 5:15 pm  #12

I've been too afraid to Omegle for ages but I finally plucked up the courage and here is my first (and rather short and non-eventful) role play:

You: Her hands were shaking as she lifted her fist to knock; It was quite late but Sherlock was still working hard in his office. If she was going to do this, she had to do it now. So, trembling terribly, she stepped forward and knocked...
Stranger: He knows she is outside before he hears the soft knock of her fist against the wood of the door. The soft approaching footsteps,
and the shuffle of feet as she seemingly fights an internal battle. He stares at the door with raised eyebrows. "Come in," he says, his voice slightly gruff from lack of use, "and dear God, tell me you've brought coffee. I'm gasping, Molly."
You: "I… err," she stammered, her mouth becoming dry as well. "The Machine was broken so I... but... I could get you some from the canteen; it's no trouble, really! It's just downstairs..."
You: Her voice trailed off as she noticed the quizzical stare she was receiving.
Stranger: Sherlock heaves a great sigh of annoyance before cutting her off with a - "That won't be necessary." It is almost as if he does not even register her presence after that as he fiddles with different slides under the microscope, swapping them in for each other, placing each one down with a frustrated huff.
You: "So, how are you?" She fumbled, ringing her hands in anxiety, "Is there anything I can help you with?" She put on her warmest smile and inspected one of the slides, only to have it snatched from her grasp...
Stranger: "You really don't want to be touching that." His voice is sharp, his expression firm, "that one is the strongest of the lot... acid. It burnt through my glove at the scene of the crime." He places it back down on the table, still not looking at her, "I would keep away, if I were you."
You: "Oh," Stammered Molly, looking hurt, "So, how's life?  After saying this she blushed, realising the hopelessness of her attempt at conversation.
Stranger: Sherlock places his hands either side of the microscope. "Don't try and make conversation, Molly," he mutters, "I'm sure we have had this conversation before."
You: Molly glanced around, as if to try and think of something to say. "Do you like cheesecake" She blurted, "There's some in the Canteen if you'd like?"
Stranger: "Working," he replies absentmindedly, "don't eat when I'm working..."
You: "Tea?" She asked hopefully, "Orange juice?  Or Milk? Or Water… anything?  She was becoming desperate now!
Stranger: "Fetch me the book in lab number 17," he says finally, "the one with the red leather binding."
You: Molly jumped at the sound of his voice then muttered with delight as she trotted off happily to complete her errand. Soon she returned clutching a book, large and thick but surrounded with blue binding. She glanced hopefully up at Sherlock, her eyes full of pure adoration.
Stranger: He doesn't even have to look at it to know it is the incorrect volume. "Red, Molly, I said red!" he exclaims.
You: "Oh!" She muttered, "I thought it was...  Again off she went and this time returned with the correct book and a couple of mugs. "The machine is fixed!" She chirped.
Stranger: "Fabulous," he mutters under his breath, "put the book over there and turn to page 472."
You: "Don't you want your coffee?" She asked, "I got it how you like it..." She placed the cups on a mat and turned to the book. "Ooh, foliage, interesting..."
Stranger: "I said 472, not 475!" he snaps, "now. Page four seven two, paragraph six, third word in. What does it say about acids?"
You: "Acids? Um... oh, here! Hydra... Hydro..."
Stranger: "Hydrofluoric acid!" he crows, "yes! I knew it. Quickly, pass me the slide on the left. That's the side furthest away from me."
You: Startled by this sudden outburst, she stumbled and knocked all the slides to the floor. She gasped and dropped to the floor desperately trying to gather them up. All the time muttering, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I don't know what... I’m sorry!"
Stranger: "Don't touch it!" Sherlock cries, "hydrofluoric acid, does that mean nothing to you?! It'll eat through your skin, your clothes your- God, just move away!"
You: "My clothes?" She yelped and brushed her self down. "I am Sorry" she repeated.
Stranger: "Leave it," he snaps, "just... Just leave it." He whirls around wildly, searching for a clock. Phone... where did he put his-- "Time?!" he orders, "What's the time?"
You: "5 past, no 10 past, sorry, 10 to." She squinted at her watch "Big hand near 11, little hand just past 10!"
Stranger: He is distracted momentarily, stares at her in disbelief. "Can you... not tell the time?"
You: "Well," she mumbles, embarrassed. "I usually have a digital one but I dropped that in the bath so..."
Stranger: "Right." Sherlock says, forgetting the initial question, "morning or afternoon?"
You: "Um, Evening." She said but on realising that this was not an option she returned "Afternoon, late afternoon."
Stranger: "Where's my coat?" he looks wildly around him, "I need to go to the crime scene and fetch more samples. Those ones are useless now."
You: "Your coat" she mumbled, "Oh, here... But wait, you forget your coffee!"
Stranger: "No time for coffee!!" He exclaims, sidestepping her with a smile, "get this mess cleaned up... carefully. Wait. You know what? Get someone else to do it."

A bit dodgy but I enjoyed it!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 10, 2012 5:25 pm  #13

Hm... my first try was not THAT successful:

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!

Stranger: heyy

You: B.O.R.E.D.

Stranger: me too lol asl?

You: need a new case!!

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

LOL

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 10, 2012 5:53 pm  #14

Very good idea is to start a conversation like this:

You: What is it like in your funny little brains?

Guess what comes next? lol

July 10, 2012 6:37 pm  #15

I only got this far  .

Stranger: hiii asl ?
You: How did he survive the fall?
Stranger: but who?

Before I tried it with "What's it like in your funny little brains?", and someone typed endlessly but no answer was coming. I lost patience - or courage - and disconnected. Doesn't seem to be so easy to find a real Sherlock fan.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 10, 2012 8:24 pm  #16

No. Not easy, esp. not for not native speekers...
"asl" - what does that mean?

Had it sometimes, too, that the stranger was writing endless. I think it's some mistake in the connection, so I just went on writing. 

Well... and very often they are interested in ......errr.... "different" things....
Molly!!! Stay out there!! 

July 10, 2012 8:27 pm  #17

Mattlocked wrote:

"asl" - what does that mean?

asl = age, sex, location

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 10, 2012 8:34 pm  #18

Aaahh! Dankeschön tobe! 

July 10, 2012 8:38 pm  #19

Mattlocked wrote:

Molly!!! Stay out there!! 

I feel like I'm always "Out there" !

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 10, 2012 8:48 pm  #20

Just noticed it works better when you put in "Sherlock" into the interest-field before you go into chat...

Molly, me too.... (lousy language problems all the time....)

If we all try, we could meet each other there - without knowing. LOL

Board footera