BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 21, 2013 9:40 pm  #101

Re: MEMBERS POLL: What's your age?

As long as you can still thud everything's fine. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 21, 2013 9:45 pm  #102

SusiGo wrote:

As long as you can still thud everything's fine. 

Oh, it's all fine, believe me. Lip-smackin' good, all of it.

February 22, 2013 10:19 am  #103

The thudding is the easy bit. It's the getting back up again...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 22, 2013 10:27 am  #104

Davina wrote:

The thudding is the easy bit. It's the getting back up again...

True. I'm seriously thinking about living on my mattress on the floor-- less far to fall, fewer bruises, and I can just keep my oxygen tank and smelling salts real close at hand.

February 22, 2013 12:54 pm  #105

ancientsgate wrote:

Lily wrote:

I am 21.
I am happy to see that most of the people here are my age or even older, it shows me that I am not strange or childish for being obsessed with a tv show.

Um, I'm 63. What does age have to do with anything? I gave up trying not to be strange ages (decades!) ago!

I just wonder sometimes if I shouldn't do other things at my age - apart from being obsessed about fictional characters. I think this is something you can do no matter what age you are but when it becomes the only thing you so, it might be a bit... weird. It just worries me that instead of talking to real people or going out I prefer to stay at home and cry over tv shows. I'm just not sure if this is healthy.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 22, 2013 1:01 pm  #106

Lily wrote:

I just wonder sometimes if I shouldn't do other things at my age - apart from being obsessed about fictional characters. I think this is something you can do no matter what age you are but when it becomes the only thing you so, it might be a bit... weird. It just worries me that instead of talking to real people or going out I prefer to stay at home and cry over tv shows. I'm just not sure if this is healthy.

Nope, there's nothing wrong with you! As long as you're happy everything's fine.
After being out for a party I usually return at home with the thought: What a waste of time. I could have watched an episode of Sherlock instead. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 23, 2013 8:36 pm  #107

I wonder the same thing sometimes, but in my case it's not so much that I prefer the television or the internet, it's just that it's becoming harder and harder to find any "real people" to do things with.  Maybe they're all at home watching tv and surfing the web?

April 4, 2013 7:36 am  #108

I'm 21 and I'm still obsessed with tv shows and books It's healthy. Better to be obsessed with something interesting than something creepy! 

April 4, 2013 6:34 pm  #109

How come there is no selection which says I feel like I'm in my 20's?

April 4, 2013 7:05 pm  #110

Straker wrote:

How come there is no selection which says I feel like I'm in my 20's?

Brilliant idea. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 5, 2013 7:45 pm  #111

^Wouldn't all the over-20's just select that option then, though? 

Threatened with burning 'cos his stories were tall
Sherlock Holmes had a great fall
All Mycroft's horses and all Lestrade's men
Couldn't put John back together again

Get your salt and get your gun
An IOU apple? C'mon, you must think!
Let us go -- be ready to run
And remember -- above all -- DO NOT BLINK.

Warning: awkward newbie alert! I will be tenatively posting in random topics until I have established some kind of a rough presence. And then I will probabably continue doing so. You have been warned.

My first fanfic Crossover between Sherlock and AF

April 6, 2013 12:40 am  #112

Sky Holt wrote:

No.  Heaven forbid I should ever have to feel again as I did in my twenties.

But there is a thing someone once said to me that I have found to be fairly accurate:

Inside every woman is a 17 year old girl who never ages.  And inside every man is a 14 year old boy.

April 6, 2013 5:30 am  #113

Gosh! How true is that! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 6, 2013 6:53 am  #114

My 67 year old Dad goes by that saying: "Growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional."
And he really does try to live it, some of the jokes he cracks and his behaviour sometimes...hahaha.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

April 6, 2013 3:39 pm  #115

^Now I'm thinking about Doctor Who... Seriously, Eleven acts like a five-year-old half the time  But that's a good thing, characters wouldn't be characters without their randomness 

Warning: awkward newbie alert! I will be tenatively posting in random topics until I have established some kind of a rough presence. And then I will probabably continue doing so. You have been warned.

April 6, 2013 8:50 pm  #116

MysteriaSleuthbedder wrote:

Sky Holt wrote:

No.  Heaven forbid I should ever have to feel again as I did in my twenties.

I think I'd take 38 again. I thought that was a really nice age.

April 6, 2013 9:16 pm  #117

ancientsgate wrote:

It's a pretty good one.  I had a great decade from my mid-40s to 50s.  It just gets better and better, really.  My advice to the young is: take care of your body, you'll be delighted at how much fun 60 is.

April 7, 2013 1:03 am  #118

MysteriaSleuthbedder wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

It's a pretty good one.  I had a great decade from my mid-40s to 50s.  It just gets better and better, really.  My advice to the young is: take care of your body, you'll be delighted at how much fun 60 is.

I do think it's okay if you're healthy, have enough money to not have to worry much, and if you still have your marbles. Actually, if we have all three of those things, let's go for 100!

April 12, 2013 6:34 pm  #119

If I could choose an age again, I think I'd go for 12  Means I could act younger than I actually am without attracting too many weird looks, and I wouldn't want to go any younger  because then I wouldn't be able to do so much  And I wouldn't want to be any older because I'm still a minor so I don't know what it's like to be a grown-up yet 

May 4, 2013 8:18 pm  #120

im under 20 and feeling a bit young. you old fogies have managed to find the internet i see

ask me about taking programming in college

Board footera