BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2013 5:02 pm  #1

Hello, a Swiss Sherlock fan ready to rock your socks!!!!

Hey everybody! The name's Jayhan, and boy oh boy am I glad to be here!

So, to tell you all a bit about myself, I am a 22-year-old, Swiss-American girl residing in Switzerland, and my great passions are literature and music (hence the title of this post). I spend a lot of time doing music arrangements, covers, and I love to write stories (fanfictions, short stories, etc.) and read books. I enjoy meeting up with friends, getting to know people and, together, watching movies.

I've discovered the show when I bought its first season in late December, especially after having watched The Hobbit in a cinema (Mr Freeman is awesome). It goes without saying that I bought the second season immediately after having watched "the Great Game"; I hate unfinished stories where they leave you with a cliffhanger. XD

Now that you have already an idea of who I am and what I like, I am hoping that I can make some great encounters here; I can't wait to share some future projects of mine, which include in both music and stories dedicated to this fandom.

So, until then, take care of y'all and I'll see you around! ;D

~Jayhan~

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"The Sherlock show is the equivalent of a pack of chips, a box full of popcorn or an assortment of the finest Swiss chocolate; once you start, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP. EVER. IT'S THAT GOOD." quoted by me when trying to convince my friends to watch the show.

If you want to check out my music works, here's my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JayhanTheMusician?feature=mhee
If you like my works, then like my facebook page ;D : https://www.facebook.com/Julia.Jayhan.Handschin

February 11, 2013 5:07 pm  #2

Re: Hello, a Swiss Sherlock fan ready to rock your socks!!!!

Hello and welcome to our community!

We always appreciate it when members share their fan work! So I'm looking forward to learn about your projects!

Enjoy yourself and have a nice time. 

Laterz!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 11, 2013 5:10 pm  #3

Hi, Jayhan, warm welcome - and go ahead! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 11, 2013 5:38 pm  #4

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm already enjoying this so far! ;D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"The Sherlock show is the equivalent of a pack of chips, a box full of popcorn or an assortment of the finest Swiss chocolate; once you start, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP. EVER. IT'S THAT GOOD." quoted by me when trying to convince my friends to watch the show.

If you want to check out my music works, here's my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JayhanTheMusician?feature=mhee
If you like my works, then like my facebook page ;D : https://www.facebook.com/Julia.Jayhan.Handschin

February 11, 2013 6:11 pm  #5

Welcome, Jayhan, nice to have you here. I'm looking forward to seeing your work. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 11, 2013 7:00 pm  #6

Hello and welcome to the forum Jayhan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 24, 2013 1:01 pm  #7

Hey Jayhan!

Welcome to the forum. You sound very creative and interesting!

And OMG you live in Switzerland...have you been to the Reichenbach Falls?!!!
*excited Sherlockian dance*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 24, 2013 11:20 pm  #8

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Hey Jayhan!

Thanks! And yes I have. It's a pretty impressive, gorge, but it's... um, "gorgeous" when water shoots out (there's an on/off switch for that). The closest village, Meiringen, has a Sherlock museum dedicated to that famous place.
And that museum is the size of a cabin. No joke. XD

April 3, 2013 5:06 pm  #9

Jayhan wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Hey Jayhan!

Thanks! And yes I have. It's a pretty impressive, gorge, but it's... um, "gorgeous" when water shoots out (there's an on/off switch for that). The closest village, Meiringen, has a Sherlock museum dedicated to that famous place.

Actually it's quite litterally the size of a chaple. (And in case I'm not being clear I mean that's in a chaple. And there is an underground extention.) So, yeah, basically I've been there too. Twice since I'm a Sherlockian and apperently once before that I can't remember... Damn.

So I suppose I'm meant to say welcome but it's seems wrong since I litterally just made my profile... Welcome anyways!

Oh and I'm Swiss-Canadian, eh, and also live in Switzerland. Eh. (No, I don't say that, particularly often, it's just fun, eh.) I live in Zurich what about you, Jayhan? It would be really cool if we could meet up or something! :3

So that's all for now.
See ya fellow Sherlockians.

LOL - smiley face - kiss kiss - hug

April 3, 2013 5:44 pm  #10

Grüezi and welcome, ShWhoCa!
Nice to have another Swiss around. Enjoy yourself!
I studied in Zurich in the eighties - still one of my favourite cities. I will always remember the luxuriant aroma of the blooming lime trees in Bahnhofstrasse...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 3, 2013 5:52 pm  #11

Grüezi grüezi!

I think I'll spare you all with Swiss German or things could get messy. I'll just go with "Chuchichäschtli" because apperently that proves you speak it, though honestly I've never heard anyone use it apart in the frase "Chasch Chuchichäschtli sägä?" Which basically means "Can you say kitchen cupboard?" So yeah. That's Swiss German for you folk who don't speak it.

So you studied here? Cool! Though I never knew they were lime trees. XD Well maybe they've changed them...

Oh and I love the German quote! For non Germans it's "German is a good language just because man [as in human] is a different word than man [as in male]." See what I mean? Wonderful isn't it? Girl Power! ;)

April 3, 2013 6:35 pm  #12

Welcom! It's so funny because I discovered Sherlock exactly the same way ;)

April 3, 2013 6:57 pm  #13

A belated welcome.

April 3, 2013 7:01 pm  #14

ShWhoCa wrote:

Jayhan wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Hey Jayhan!

Actually it's quite litterally the size of a chaple. (And in case I'm not being clear I mean that's in a chaple. And there is an underground extention.) So, yeah, basically I've been there too. Twice since I'm a Sherlockian and apperently once before that I can't remember... Damn.

So I suppose I'm meant to say welcome but it's seems wrong since I litterally just made my profile... Welcome anyways!

Oh and I'm Swiss-Canadian, eh, and also live in Switzerland. Eh. (No, I don't say that, particularly often, it's just fun, eh.) I live in Zurich what about you, Jayhan? It would be really cool if we could meet up or something! :3

So that's all for now.

Oh my GAWD, another Swiss Sherlockian?!?! AWESOME!!!
So nice to meet you, and welcome to this website!
Zurich, 'ey? That's a bit far, but still in Switzerland nonetheless; I live in Lausanne!!
Yeah, we should totally meet up sometime! I'm really curious if there are many Swiss Sherlockians, actually...

April 3, 2013 7:15 pm  #15

Jayhan wrote:

ShWhoCa wrote:

Jayhan wrote:

So that's all for now.

Oh my GAWD, another Swiss Sherlockian?!?! AWESOME!!!
So nice to meet you, and welcome to this website!
Zurich, 'ey? That's a bit far, but still in Switzerland nonetheless; I live in Lausanne!!
Yeah, we should totally meet up sometime! I'm really curious if there are many Swiss Sherlockians, actually...

Hello!

Haha, nothing is far in Switzerland! Especially with a GA. Plus I speak French. (Thank you Canada.) So yeah.

I'm on holidays in two and a half weeks. You?

Love Camille!

April 3, 2013 7:57 pm  #16

Willkommen ShWhoCa. Swiss Canadian eh! (I'm in Canada on holiday at the moment eh!) I've been to Switzerland a few times including the German speaking area (Wengen). Gosh...it is strange Deutsch isn't it. Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope you have fun here.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 4, 2013 1:06 pm  #17

Yeah! The most wonderful combination there is!

Thanks for your German welcome. ;)

Canada is awesome! Where are you? I'm from Montreal. I bet you're in Vancouver, everyone seems to go to Vancouver.

April 4, 2013 3:29 pm  #18

welcome, ShWhoCa!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

April 4, 2013 3:30 pm  #19

Why thank you! :D

April 4, 2013 4:27 pm  #20

I'm staying in Whistler at the moment. Only until the 15th though 

Board footera