BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2013 9:57 am  #1

Australian Federal Elections 2013

I am NOT looking forward to having Tony Abbot as our new Prime Minister but we all know deep down that this will be the likely outcome of the September elections.

I really miss the good old days when both sides of politics knew what they stood for, had a brand that was instantly recognisable and a real point of difference with the other side of polictics. In the days of Hawke Keating & Howard. You knew what you voted for & you got what you voted for. 

Contemporary Australia has a case of copycat politics where what's "hot" is adopted as official policy regardless of which side of politics the party is on. Blank votes are going up & this year, it will probably go through the roof. 

Last edited by saturnR (April 3, 2013 9:59 am)

April 4, 2013 2:51 am  #2

Re: Australian Federal Elections 2013

I'm torn. I don't want to vote for either major party.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

July 6, 2013 12:18 am  #3

Am I the only one that's cautious about a Rudd return? everyone else is celebrating but you just wonder if he's actually changed. (probably not)

July 17, 2013 7:07 am  #4

I don't like either. I'm also not looking forward to being bombarded with months of political propogranda.
How about I vote for whoever leaves me alone the most?

================================================================

Board footera