BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2013 9:22 pm  #21

Re: A few more questions about this episode

I have to say, I soooooooooooooo hope we don't get some Young Sherlock Holmes esq "they were all boys together" backstory. Sherlock, Carl Powers and Moriaty. With an odd cameo from John in which he mentions how much he's always wanted to be a doctor...but also see the world...if only these two things could be resolved somehow someway.

The only way I can see this working is if it turns out Sherlock is so cosmically socially inept that he just didn't notice he was in the same class as Jim for seven years or so.

But there remains a problem that Sherlock has a strong baseline public school accent and Jim is very clearly Irish so its hard to see how they could have been all at school together, thank god.

My money remains on the Holmes parents being unsucessful seaside town magicians a la Paul Daniels.

Last edited by beekeeper (April 1, 2013 9:23 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

April 1, 2013 9:25 pm  #22

I think Mark and Steven have implied we may get a  few glimpses of back story, but they don't intend going into it too much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 11, 2013 6:54 am  #23

I kind of hope they do something more interesting with the Holmes brothers than just send them to Eton.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

April 11, 2013 7:59 am  #24

I would personally expect them to have nothing less than a similar educational background to Benedict's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera