BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 30, 2013 8:51 pm  #281

Re: Doctor Who

Yaaaay!   Double yaaaay!!   Bracing self now for another "Moffat attack" of making a very ordinary thing scary!!  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 30, 2013 9:12 pm  #282

It was BRILLIANT!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 30, 2013 9:13 pm  #283

Loved the Sherlock referencing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 30, 2013 10:08 pm  #284

It was a case of, 'Ooo there's one! Ooo there's another one!' a bit like our thread about references only Sherlockian's can understand. AND the Shard...what an amazing piece of architecture it is!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 30, 2013 10:13 pm  #285

Yes, some of the London scenes were beautiful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 31, 2013 1:14 am  #286

Wholocked wrote:

I am a Who fan also! Though I do have a confession to make - I don't like Moffat's Who and not particularly keen on Matt Smith's Doctor. In fact, the reason I only watched Sherlock recently is because I was so unimpressed with Who since Moffat took over that I didn't want to watch another show under his direction. Though in fairness, they switched cast, exec producers AND exec writer so not sure where it's actually fallen down - or if it's a combination. I'm hoping the next season, without Karen Gillan (who I thought was really rather ordinary) and Arthur Darvill and which Moffat has said will have "less arc" and more "stand alone episodes" will be better. I didn't much like his arcs, I thought Russell T Davies was much subtler and broader all at the same time.

I think my main issue is that the last season or two was all about Amy Pond and not about the Doctor or having adventures. I don't want to watch the Amy Pond show!!!

I dunno - I'm still trying to figure out what it is I didn't like. Which isn't to say I didn't love it - always love Doctor Who - I just didn't love it as much as the Davies/Eccleston and Davies/Tennant seasons.

Apologies for the rambly essay!

I have to agree about not liking the Moffat years as well-for me it has to do with Moffat characters being a bit cardboard cut-out. Female companions are always young, sexy females who flirt with the Doctor and trade quips. I quite liked getting the character backgrounds and meeting the families of Rose, Martha, etc. I've also kind of tired of the soapy storylines-River is really Melody Pond who is the lost baby of Rory and Amy, who was duplicated by a clone for half a season....that's probably more soapy than most RTD stories.  However, I'm warming to Matt Smith and I grew to love Rory. My very unpopular choice for Doctor is Nine-perhaps it's because I became a fan due to his episodes.

March 31, 2013 5:33 am  #287

Haha I loved it! And I was a bit wary of turning my laptop on this morning. o_O

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 31, 2013 9:32 am  #288

Just don't sign on to any unusual Wi-Fi networks. Just stick with the ones you know and trust!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 1, 2013 1:48 am  #289

A pretty trite but enjoyable romp of a season opener. I already like Clara better than I did Amy so it's all good.

April 1, 2013 7:57 am  #290

Oh I loved Amy, but the new girl is good too.

April 1, 2013 11:10 am  #291

Yeah, I miss amy and rory so much!! BUt I love Clara also, she's so funny!
I can't believe I didn't notice the author of the book...

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

April 1, 2013 11:33 am  #292

Neither did I....just the Reichenbach pic!

April 1, 2013 8:31 pm  #293

My doctor! Can't await the 50th special....

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/318810490421800962

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 1, 2013 8:38 pm  #294

Fabulous!

April 2, 2013 12:18 am  #295

besleybean wrote:

Was I watching the same episode? I didn't notice any Sherlock references. Maybe I was just too excited for Doctor Who!

tardislass wrote:

My very unpopular choice for Doctor is Nine-perhaps it's because I became a fan due to his episodes.

I have to agree there. I think eleven is my favourite but I love nine. He was my first Doctor too. I don't think he gets enough credit!

================================================================

April 2, 2013 9:22 am  #296

I have to admit I just saw the episodes with David Tennant. So I can't judge No 9 and 11.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

April 2, 2013 10:05 am  #297

You are missing a treat.  Matt is wonderful.

April 2, 2013 3:29 pm  #298

Agreed. I wasn't sure at first (but then, I never am with each regeneration) but I really like his Doctor.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 2, 2013 10:00 pm  #299

Davina wrote:

Agreed. I wasn't sure at first (but then, I never am with each regeneration) but I really like his Doctor.

I'm the same. With the companions too. I start off not sure ('you're not as good as *previous companion*) then after a bit I fall in love... then they go and I'm sad. It's a terrible cycle! I did love eleven pretty quickly though. And since nine was my first doctor I couldn't compare him with anything.

================================================================

April 4, 2013 5:10 pm  #300

Michele wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Was I watching the same episode? I didn't notice any Sherlock references. Maybe I was just too excited for Doctor Who!

Me too!   Yaay!!  Finally got to see it!  Typically funny quirkiness!  Scary ordinary-ness!  Someone new who's likeable/smart, but still a bit of a challenge!  ..Sherlock references?  Wait, what? 
Was trying not to spoil myself with anything from this thread, so didn't notice comments about it until afterwards, and was immediately puzzled...  aww, I missed something??  Probably it was subtle or I was staring at something else on the screen (go ahead... say what you will about 'observing'...      )  Based on the comment about the 'falls', the only thing I figured was the cover of the book... right?  So I looked it up again and... what do you know.  Cool...  ;D   Pff...  I was staring more at the girl/the fact that it was written by Amelia Williams!

By the way.... did you guys see the really sweetly cute prequel clip they made?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera