BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2013 11:10 pm  #561

Re: Free Rants

Easter.. what's that? 
Joy of home learning .. it's all medical and work appointments next week.. but have a good weekend to look forward to.

------------------------------------------------
Twenty-something Sherlockian with Whovian traits of a Christopher Eccleston kind. 

March 29, 2013 7:19 am  #562

Had to order 20 kg birdseed online, as the local shops don't care if it's still winter or not.
Now the postman broke the box wherein he shall put our parcels.
But the birds are happy. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 29, 2013 8:33 am  #563

My son is on rugby tour in Spain. The other night he stepped in when a guy was about to punch a girl he was with. Result...8-12 other guys stepped in and beat my son up. He has stitches but is lucky it wasn't even worse. Gang mentality at work. These guys were so brave! What a bunch of cowards! I haven't seen the damage yet but he should be back home tomorrow. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 29, 2013 9:40 am  #564

O god. All the best for your son. He's the brave!(

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 29, 2013 9:44 am  #565

I'm so sorry to hear about that Davina. Did the police get involved?

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

March 29, 2013 3:43 pm  #566

No the police weren't involved although I wish he had reported it the following day. It is unlikely that this would have done much good and I guess he was worried about getting home without delay. He is back home now with a shining black eye and steristrip over his stitches on his eyebrow. Luckily when he was head butted he did not pass out and managed to stay on his feet throughout or goodness knows how many more injuries he would have had. Off to the doctors tomorrow to get some stronger painkillers for him.

He says he hope it won't spoil his good looks as he has no personality! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 29, 2013 4:57 pm  #567

While it sounds that indeed he has some personality - all the best for him, that brave fellow!   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 29, 2013 6:55 pm  #568

Indeed he does and...thankfully...a sense of humour even in difficult circumstances.

March 29, 2013 6:57 pm  #569

Sorry to hear about your son Davina,

He did the right thing for standing up for a woman who was in trouble though, nurse him well!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 29, 2013 7:12 pm  #570

Thanks m0r. He's survived his first Glasgow kiss! Although apparently it was administered by a delightful young gentleman from South Bank University football team.

March 29, 2013 7:15 pm  #571

Bring someone from the South of London to Glasgow, then they'll see how it's done 

We don't win fights, we end them.

Take care of him, it sounds like you raised a good man.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 29, 2013 10:21 pm  #572

Davina wrote:

My son is on rugby tour in Spain. The other night he stepped in when a guy was about to punch a girl he was with. Result...8-12 other guys stepped in and beat my son up. He has stitches but is lucky it wasn't even worse. Gang mentality at work. These guys were so brave! What a bunch of cowards! I haven't seen the damage yet but he should be back home tomorrow.

I admire your son.  You taught him well.  Are the bullies being charged with assault?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

March 29, 2013 10:30 pm  #573

I hope he isn't too bad. What a brave son you have. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 30, 2013 3:27 am  #574

Horrible. A guy punching a girl and a bunch of guys ganging up on one guy.
At least you can be proud of your son. I hope he is doing OK.

March 30, 2013 12:34 pm  #575

Unfortunately it wasn't reported to the Spanish police. I think they thought it would be a waste of time and that it might cause problems coming back to the UK. He got back home yesterday. A bit concussed and in some pain but it could have been so much worse. Luckily he did not pass out and go to ground and also that knives or bottles were not used(weapons of choice). If he had been with his friends it might not have happened or at least it would have evened things up!

He managed to ask the 60 year old nurse in the hospital where he was treated whether  he was still pretty- in Spanish! Oh, she said 'Si' by the way. One of his friends asked if his hair was ok! 

He is a bit concerned about the scar but we've said where it is (eyebrow) it shouldn't spoil his looks. He's always being told he looks like a cross between Jude Law and Dominic West...not that he's vain or anything! 

He is a good guy and I hope it won't leave him with any 'issues'.

March 31, 2013 11:38 am  #576

Happy Easter Sunday for those who celebrate, Happy Sunday for those who don't.

Davina, I am a firm believer if Karma. Your son may not be there to witness it, but those boys who took out after him for being chivelrous will be revisited in kind and if you believe it - ten fold. 
The universe has a way of eventually evening things up. 

March 31, 2013 11:41 am  #577

Or else we can just hold ourt heads high, knowing we have the moral high ground.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 31, 2013 11:45 am  #578

besleybean wrote:

Or else we can just hold ourt heads high, knowing we have the moral high ground.

I agree completely.
Still, I have the strong belief that at some point there will be a reckoning for wrong doers. Who knows how, but maybe those young men will be parents one day and see from a parent's point of view how such actions effect those around them.

March 31, 2013 12:39 pm  #579

Thank you folks  . He is a good person and that is what matters most. He's had some really nice messages and calls from lots of his friends.

We are off on holiday tomorrow but I shall be on here when I can link to wi-fi again.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it. Wishing those who celebrate Passover a peaceful happy time too.

March 31, 2013 12:41 pm  #580

And the rest of us can just enjoy eating chocolate...or at least until I go on the scales tomorrow!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera