BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2013 8:39 pm  #701

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

Myraya wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Possibly all I should say here is that I have very strong views on the subject, particularly linked to patriotism. 
I am not sure what the rules are about slagging Sherlock cast members.
I had to delete a post on my last board, when I called Benedict an idiot for smoking!
But a few general points that would apply to anybody, anytime and anywhere: In my opinion, there is a world of difference between what is legal and what is moral.
Having said that, I recognise we are not talking about mass murder, rape or paedophilia here.
Generally good people can make errors of judgement,particularly when they have professional accountants advising them.
For me it's more about people letting themselves down, not presenting a good image and really(and this is purely personal) losing credibility. They may also want to assess what a couple is.
I do also think the wider issues of freedom of press and the world wide recession are relevant.
But I will conclude by adding: my tolerance of wealthy celebs is very low.
I remain a Benedict Cumberbatch fan.
But rampant capitalism stinks: it breeds greed.
None of this of course affects actors talents or abilities.

I'm not entirely sure I'm getting this right but I get the feeling you are talking about the topic that I started. And I am very sorry about that. I didn't mean to make a discussion about money and stuff, I'm not exactly what you would call a fan of capitalism myself. It was just ment to be an aside nothing I really wanted to be discussed. So I apolpgise for having started this. Let's just forget about it.

Nothing to apologise about. You're not from England and so you asked a question about English law and the way these things work over here. That's fine. Don't worry about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 27, 2013 8:40 pm  #702

I saw the news stories ages ago and had only seen one mention of it on Twitter, which I ignored.
I tried to stay out of it here.
I actually felt better for getting some of that off my chest, because it had been eating away at me.
I don't know if it's relevant to this thread.  
But as ever, I just answered others points!
I suppose for me, it's just one of the uncomfortable parts of being in a fandom.

Last edited by besleybean (March 27, 2013 8:42 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 28, 2013 12:02 am  #703

SusiGo wrote:

... Of course we only get glimpses but … I don't know, it's a bit like finding a Christmas present in November. 

And unwrapping it. Then wrapping it back up again and trying to forget what you saw until the appointed correct time. Sigh.

March 28, 2013 12:08 am  #704

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

..like, if someone had told you "Sherlock jumps off the top of St Barts" before Series 2 came out, would you have thanked them for it? You wouldn't have known the circumstances, or the outcome or the storyline, but it still would have spoiled a hell of a lot for you!

Someone DID tell me exactly that, about the jump. And about John in the cemetery, and that Sherlock didn't die. In fact, of TRF, which was the first ep I ever watched, the ONLY thing I hadn't been spoiled about was the scene in what's-her-name-the-reporter's flat, when Moriarty/Richard Brook unexpectedly came in and everyone stood there in shock, looking at each other. Other than that, I'd heard all the high points of the whole episode already. I'm not going to do that to myself again.

March 28, 2013 3:08 am  #705

ancientsgate wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

..like, if someone had told you "Sherlock jumps off the top of St Barts" before Series 2 came out, would you have thanked them for it? You wouldn't have known the circumstances, or the outcome or the storyline, but it still would have spoiled a hell of a lot for you!

Someone DID tell me exactly that, about the jump. And about John in the cemetery, and that Sherlock didn't die. In fact, of TRF, which was the first ep I ever watched, the ONLY thing I hadn't been spoiled about was the scene in what's-her-name-the-reporter's flat, when Moriarty/Richard Brook unexpectedly came in and everyone stood there in shock, looking at each other. Other than that, I'd heard all the high points of the whole episode already. I'm not going to do that to myself again.

Damn...yeah, that must really suck.

I already feel like I know too much...I'm trying to delete things from my mind palace...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 28, 2013 4:01 am  #706

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I already feel like I know too much...I'm trying to delete things from my mind palace...

Same. Perhaps a spring cleaning is in order?

================================================================

March 28, 2013 7:04 am  #707

I personally have to apologise to at least one person on here, by accidentally blabbing about a spoiler which I thought they would know about...and I very nearly did the same with an even bigger one!
As usual, it seems I have been as clear as mud on the issue of spoliers, so I will try again!
I personally have no issue with them. This is for a number of reasons.
Firstly having seen a few of the famous spoilers for S2, the sheet, blooded Sherlock, handcuffs etc.  Well I kind of worked out that Sherlock and John were arrested at some point, but other than that I gussed wrong. So I wasn't really spoiled. Also, having read the Canon, I knew Sherlock was gonna be involved in some kind of fall and would survive.  So (to borrow from Oscar Wilde), for me, the building was immaterial!
What was a tad more personally distracting was the (spoiler free) reviews of the premiere Q&As, when people were a bit too gushing for me.
But anyhow.  On this occasion, my main source for spoilers asked what I wanted to see and there was one(minor) thing I didn't want to see and actually one of the videos she sent didn't work, but she told me what it contained.
But these are spoliers I am getting third hand, so I'm taking them with a bit of a pinch of salt.  Also we don't strictly know the chararcter Amanda is playing.  Even with some of the fairly graphic scenes I have been told about, I didn't know their relevance to the story.

Last edited by besleybean (March 28, 2013 7:05 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 28, 2013 7:48 am  #708

EDIT: Video removed. No spoilers please! -SH

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (March 28, 2013 12:07 pm)

March 28, 2013 7:52 am  #709

Martin with moustache

http://24.media.tumblr.com/59abd2d2ecf965ec84dca0a69b11affe/tumblr_mkbk7uyUZk1r1tg7to1_500.png

Last edited by Sherly (March 28, 2013 7:54 am)

March 28, 2013 9:34 am  #710

March 28, 2013 9:35 am  #711

Sherlock with bloodied nose? I suppose he just told John he's alive. 

The moustache is horrible. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 28, 2013 10:25 am  #712

XXXXXXXXXXX

Post edited for spoilers!

-SH

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (March 28, 2013 12:08 pm)

March 28, 2013 10:38 am  #713

The moustache is horrible. 

I agree, SusiGo. Why would John do that? Grow a moustache? Of course Watson has a moustache in canon. Some random thoughts by a non-psychologist:

Cover your face and walk fast? Kind of deer-stalker?
A kind of disguise because people keep asking him if he was "the guy with the fraud" or  "confirmed bachelor"? Sometimes you change your hairstyle when something important has changed e.g. somebody died or a divorce. When you want to start over and make a symbolic gesture.
A new girl friend wants him to look cool ( which has gone wrong) or masculine?
Maybe he wants to set the record straight? Does he feel guilty because he was not able to prevent the fall? He was not able to look into the mirror any more and see his face?

I think the writers had a good idea because 1. it is canon 2. it looks wrong and the fans will freak out 3. it implys many important psychological circumstances 4. when John is back with Sherlock the aforementioned points are no more relevant and the moustache will disappear (hopefully).

Last edited by Be (March 29, 2013 12:19 pm)

March 28, 2013 11:27 am  #714

Sherly wrote:

EDIT: Video removed. No spoilers please! -SH

Is this video official? I mean is it approved by the team? I didn't watch it yet because I don't really want to see or know anything that the makers don't want us to see or know yet.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (March 28, 2013 12:09 pm)

March 28, 2013 11:39 am  #715

No it isn't official, the guy who tweets about the shoot made it. 

XXXX
(Post edited for spoilers. -SH)

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (March 28, 2013 12:11 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 28, 2013 11:57 am  #716

Ivy wrote:

No it isn't official, the guy who tweets about the shoot made it. 

XXXX
(Post edited for spoilers. -SH)

In my opinion things like this shouldn't be posted and discussed here and I think there are lot's of other members who agree with me because they already complained about spoilers befor.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (March 28, 2013 12:12 pm)

March 28, 2013 12:09 pm  #717

Myara, you are right.
I like to find some little things here and there, but as I started this thread for tweets and information that are supposed to be for us (=official), we should try and keep it like this.
Otherwise I will have to avoid this thread, too. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 28, 2013 12:10 pm  #718

Myraya wrote:

In my opinion things like this shouldn't be posted and discussed here and I think there are lot's of other members who agree with me because they already complained about spoilers befor.

Agreed. Hence why it's been removed.

March 28, 2013 1:54 pm  #719

I agree, that's why I warned not to watch the video Sherly posted, because there are spoilers in it. Since this is a thread for official stuff now, hopefully there aren't spoilers anymore. I wonder how hard it was when they were filming series 2. :-)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 28, 2013 3:14 pm  #720

Myraya wrote:

That looks so terrible.^^

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Well, think how good he'll look again, once they have him shave it off.

Board footera