BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2012 4:00 pm  #1

Sherlock Masterclass at Edinburgh Festival (with Moffat/Gatiss/Vertue)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 16, 2012 4:15 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Masterclass at Edinburgh Festival (with Moffat/Gatiss/Vertue)

That is steep.

Perhaps you can join the catering group or security SH?

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 16, 2012 4:55 pm  #3

Ouch!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 16, 2012 6:14 pm  #4

Good idea m0r.. I will also look.. *will sell self to Jim or Mycroft*

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

May 16, 2012 9:07 pm  #5

A crafty plan methinks!

May 16, 2012 9:18 pm  #6

Maybe we could then smuggle other members of the forum in on the refreshment trolleys?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 16, 2012 9:50 pm  #7

Don't you get in free if you have a play or event on there? We should all make a film together or put on a play!

May 16, 2012 10:04 pm  #8

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Don't you get in free if you have a play or event on there? We should all make a film together or put on a play!

Great idea. I'll be in charge of the music department (along with anyone else that would like to do it with me). 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 17, 2012 12:58 am  #9

OMG I want to volunteer at the Edinburgh Festival one year. I've heard it's a HUGE amount of work and you get no sleep but it's worth it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 17, 2012 4:53 pm  #10

*looks*

*has stern talk with self that it's far too expensive*

*thinks of things to sell*

May 17, 2012 6:14 pm  #11

Oh dear, I just had a look on their website and you can get a 50% discount if you're under 26. I may have sent an email asking them how to get the discount voucher....

May 17, 2012 6:19 pm  #12

Age-ists!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 17, 2012 6:22 pm  #13

How can that POSSIBLY be fair? I am outraged!

May 17, 2012 6:23 pm  #14

Can I borrow someone else's ID please? Oh the irony!

May 20, 2012 7:57 pm  #15

They emailed me back! I've had to send them a scan of my passport to prove my DOB. (very official sounding!)

You can also get a discount if you're a student (of any age)

July 14, 2012 2:38 am  #16

More news filtering through on this: so far it's reported on Sherlockology & various tumblr accounts but no actual media release as such on this:

Just released by the Media Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival comes the news that Benedict Cumberbatch will be joining the already announced Sherlock Masterclass at the festival, ‘alongside Steven Moffat, Sue Vertue, Mark Gatiss and Paul McGuigan. They’ll be discussing the process of creating and realising this modern TV masterpiece, with some exclusive insights into what to expect from the forthcoming season.’
http://sherlockology.tumblr.com/post/27117308394/bc-at-mgeitf

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 15, 2012 2:35 am  #17

ksjdgkjskldfgjlksdglk

I think I'm actually going to die....

My mum has bought me a ticket for my birthday. There are no words to describe how unbelievably excited that makes me. Originally she was going to get me tickets to a murder mystery weekend, but ages ago I mentioned in passing that Moffat & Co were doing this thing at Edinburgh, never even for a minute expected anything and then she breaks the news that she's got me a bloody ticket. My birthday's not till August but she had to tell me early so I could make arrangements. She's even booked my train tickets and accomodation too.

I literally don't know what I'll do if Benedict really is attending...I mean...literally...can't speak.

EDIT: Do you realise how hard that was to type without using exclamation marks?

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (July 15, 2012 2:36 am)

July 15, 2012 7:47 am  #18

oh you lucky girl!
You have time to get over your nerves; train hard, you CAN do this!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 15, 2012 9:03 am  #19

That's great, what a wonderful mum you have  . We are all eagerly awaiting your report.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 15, 2012 2:35 pm  #20

Yes, remember you're training from the what would you do if you met your favorite Sherlock actor thread.  You can do it! 
My mother let me go to New York City with my friend all on our own to see our favorite dance company when we were 16.  it was the thrill of a lifetime. Thank goodness for wonderful understanding moms.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera