BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2013 3:21 pm  #1

Not On St Barts

Hello,
So i rewatched the episode and i saw that you could see St Paul's in the backgound when Sherlock is on the roof top.
But i thourt surely you should not be able to see St Paul's from St Barts. 
Im not sure if this has been posted before but its just something i spotted x

- The-Woman

Last edited by The-Woman (January 13, 2013 3:24 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 13, 2013 3:29 pm  #2

Re: Not On St Barts

I think this pic I took in front of St. Bart's could be proof that St. Paul's can be seen from the rooftop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 13, 2013 7:21 pm  #3

As the crow flies there is no great distance between St. Barts and St. Paul's. In addition there are no tall buildings between them so the cathedral can easily be seen from St. Bart's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 14, 2013 6:07 am  #4

Davina wrote:

As the crow flies ...................

There are crows?
Or Ravens?
Or Magpies?

Just wondering.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 14, 2013 12:38 pm  #5

Or vultures?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 18, 2013 5:35 am  #6

Isn't it the Central Criminal Court not St. Pauls? St. Pauls is set back more than the CCC, round the corner. Both have domes but the one you can see isn't St Pauls. Also I'm pretty sure that in Reichenbach they show a shot of the justice statue which is on top of the CCC.
Check out google maps to make more sense of it.

================================================================

February 18, 2013 5:45 am  #7

This is the Central Criminal Court Dome

This is the St Pauls Dome

Not a great shot but this is the dome in the episode. Clearly the CCC.

Sorry for the sizes!!

Last edited by Michele (February 18, 2013 5:46 am)

================================================================

March 27, 2013 4:31 pm  #8

yeah I assumed it was the courts of justice which seemed fitting really. I assumed that that was a deliberate shot. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

Board footera