BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2013 5:59 pm  #661

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

Myraya wrote:

How can she be bankrupt then?^^ Wouldn't you think that after Sherlock and The Hobbit Martin should be quite flush?

Well, I am married AND bankrupt (almost) although hubby earns good money. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (March 26, 2013 6:06 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 26, 2013 6:54 pm  #662

Ivy wrote:

Amanda Abbington had joined the cast. Wow.
There are other photos from the shoot in this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2299251/Sherlock-Holmes-dead-Benedict-Cumberbatch-begins-filming-series-3.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

And so the spoilers start....
I presume AA will be John's wife Mary. Seems sensible.
Ben looks goooood, doesn't he? Perfect hair, the coat is back, and yum.

March 26, 2013 6:57 pm  #663

Myraya wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

...nooooo.  just got into that Johnlock thing. No Mary Morstan, please! (And even without any Johnlock fantasies, I would not like to see a woman brought into the bromance. Not permanently so. It didn't work out in canon, so why go for it now?)

I feel just the same. Wouldn't it destroy everything, the whole Sherlock-John relationship?

She dies, after all, so there will be no permanent Mary. I think it makes perfect sense to have John marry while Sherlock is gone-- he'd be grabbing for a new lease on life, and for once he could be involved with someone without Sherlock's perpetual interference and distraction. As long as they kill her off, lol, I'm okay with that, although poor John-- he must have a heart made of steel.

As for the Johnlock bromance, well, "I always see Johnlock when I see you two together, but it's usually subtext."

March 26, 2013 6:58 pm  #664

Myraya wrote:

Davina wrote:

The other difficulty with it being at night is that some of the photos would obviously require flash photography. This is VERY distracting!

Yes that really would disturb the filming as well but I think if the fans went too far with shouting and flashing then the team would be able to get rid of them.

I agree. They know the fans are going to be there. If they truly didn't want any of this the fans would have been cordoned way back down the road and not able to see any of it. They just needed to be able to do their work. They smartly had some of those fans become "extras" and sign a non disclosure. Smart move by the production team. That's a win win for those fans and the production unit. It satisfies the fans curiosity and at the same time quells some of the major spoiler stuff (although stuff still does get out). All in all it was fine. I do think some people got a bit overhyped though. Keep Calm and wait for Season 3.

Thank you for your questions, now sod off and go do something useful --- Martin Freeman 3/1/13

March 26, 2013 6:58 pm  #665

Myraya wrote:

Is she Martin's wife now? I thought so, too. But in the article it sais girlfriend.

They are not married. Long term partners, with two kids together. Sometimes she's called his wife, but AFAIK, she is not.

March 26, 2013 7:00 pm  #666

Myraya wrote:

besleybean wrote:

They're not actually married, but refer to each other as husband and wife and share almost everything.

How can she be bankrupt then?^^ Wouldn't you think that after Sherlock and The Hobbit Martin should be quite flush?

You have to think like a tax attorney and his right hand man, a tax accountant. Maybe they could explain it....  but anyway, because M/A are not married, they have no legal contract between them and do not share each other's debts.

March 26, 2013 7:00 pm  #667

ancientsgate wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Amanda Abbington had joined the cast. Wow.
There are other photos from the shoot in this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2299251/Sherlock-Holmes-dead-Benedict-Cumberbatch-begins-filming-series-3.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

And so the spoilers start....
I presume AA will be John's wife Mary. Seems sensible.
Ben looks goooood, doesn't he? Perfect hair, the coat is back, and yum.

I seem to be the only one but it doesn't seem sensible to me and I don't want to pretend that I am an expert in acting I just do a bit of amateur drama sometimes but you actually don't play "yourself". And just because they are together it is not the logic consequense that they will be a couple in the film.

March 26, 2013 7:04 pm  #668

Myraya wrote:

I seem to be the only one but it doesn't seem sensible to me and I don't want to pretend that I am an expert in acting I just do a bit of amateur drama sometimes but you actually don't play "yourself". And just because they are together it is not the logic consequense that they will be a couple in the film.

We are just speculating, No one will know who is playing whom until something is announced, and personally, I'm not holding my breath for any kind of announcement, not for many weeks or even months yet. Who knows.

March 26, 2013 7:08 pm  #669

Maybe she'll play Sherlock's girlfriend. Sorry, I'm in an evil mood today.
Actually I don't want to see any spoilers if can avoid it. But I probably can't.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

March 26, 2013 7:10 pm  #670

I'm kind of glad that we give a woman the same amount of speculation that we gave the bathtube!

Last edited by Schmiezi (March 26, 2013 7:11 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 26, 2013 7:10 pm  #671

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

.....  Actually I don't want to see any spoilers if can avoid it. But I probably can't.

I will be leaving the forum at some point. I'll stay here as long as I can, hopefully into next fall at least, but certainly once the shows air on BBC next winter, I'll be gone. I absolutely refuse to be spoiled about all the good stuff before I have a chance to see the new eps. Sigh. Some difficult choices lie ahead for a lot of us.

March 26, 2013 7:14 pm  #672

I can perfectly understand how you feel. I love spoilers, but I know that many people don't.

There was a discussion somewhere in the forum about how to deal with the fact that we will be introduced to S3 at different times, and I'm sure we'll find a better solution than loosing people like you!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 26, 2013 7:50 pm  #673

I think this whole thread is a spoiler. You just have to avoid certain threads (like "the empty hearse" one) when Sherlock is on BBC next winter. I think photos are O.K. but I don't want to read any dialogue or description of scenes that these fans hear or see when they visit the set. I won't wait til Sherlock is on German TV, because I simply can't (and the dubbing is not my thing) We could use SPOILER in certain thread titles then.
But I totally can understand you, ancientsgate.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 26, 2013 8:10 pm  #674

Yeah, I'll definitely be posting the word "SPOILER" in any threads that could be considered as such. Might edit this thread now actually, seeing as it's getting in that direction.

@ancientsgate - as long as you come back once you've seen Series 3. We'll miss you!

As someone said on the previous page, just because Amanda is in it and they're together in real life, that doesn't neccessarily mean she's going to play John's girlfriend or even Mary Morstan, on the screen.

Why would she be hanging round with Sherlock, racing after him and apparently on his team having a panic over the fire if she was Mary Morstan...unless it's a big canon departure, Sherlock doesn't exactly hang out with John's wives much.

I think it's more likely that she will be playing a smaller role, perhaps only for the one episode, a client of some sorts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 26, 2013 8:24 pm  #675

Somehow it would be fun if she'd play one of John's gilfriend, and somehow it wouldn't.

I will not wait for the dubbed version on German tv; I will pay for it with a smile if I'd manage to watch it online earlier. AND in English.

March 26, 2013 8:30 pm  #676

ancientsgate wrote:

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

.....  Actually I don't want to see any spoilers if can avoid it. But I probably can't.

I will be leaving the forum at some point. I'll stay here as long as I can, hopefully into next fall at least, but certainly once the shows air on BBC next winter, I'll be gone. I absolutely refuse to be spoiled about all the good stuff before I have a chance to see the new eps. Sigh. Some difficult choices lie ahead for a lot of us.

Can't you somehow get BBC or watch it online? There has to be a possibility!

March 26, 2013 8:33 pm  #677

Schmiezi wrote:

I'm kind of glad that we give a woman the same amount of speculation that we gave the bathtube!

Not yet, we would have to talk about her for quite a bit longer ;) But isn't she actually more interesting than a bathtub since she is a character and not just an object? The tub just triggered our dirty imaginations ;)

March 26, 2013 8:37 pm  #678

Somehow I'm a bit sad about all this. For me there's a difference between discussing what happenend in series 1 and 2 and what might happen in series 3 and getting these pics and clips. Of course that's what happens when they're filming in public but when I watched series 1 and 2 I didn't know anything about it and everything was a surprise. Of course we only get glimpses but … I don't know, it's a bit like finding a Christmas present in November. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 26, 2013 8:40 pm  #679

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, I'll definitely be posting the word "SPOILER" in any threads that could be considered as such. Might edit this thread now actually, seeing as it's getting in that direction.

<snip>

I think it's more likely that she will be playing a smaller role, perhaps only for the one episode, a client of some sorts.

Just so...  Although, Mary was originally a client of Sherlock's...  ;)   No?
And but of course, with the spoilers!   Surely people don't have to hide away, as long as it's mentioned on the threads/threads kept to a Series 3 section.   No reason to have to leave completely.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 26, 2013 8:42 pm  #680

For me it is like... seeing the shape of the present but having no idea what's inside.
Makes it more exciting to me - at the moment! As long as there won't be too much spoilers during the filming until autumn.
Right now I'm enjoying the difference between today and not-knowing-anything of S1 and 2 in the past..

Last edited by Mattlocked (March 26, 2013 8:43 pm)

Board footera