BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2013 8:29 am  #21

Re: Why kill the blind lady?

I've just rewatched the episode yesterday with my beloved 7th graders (who loved it, by the way, that's why I love them!).

I think the more important question is "Why did Moriarty choose the blind woman frist place?" If you think this one through you could come to the conclusion that he knew there was the risk she might give something away.
IMO he chose her BECAUSE of that risk. He had planed to kill her in case she talkes to much just to show what a dangerous man he is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 23, 2013 2:42 pm  #22

Does not each 'hostage' become increasingly more emotive? Start with a woman, then a young man, then an old blind woman, then a child. Finally Sherlock's friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 1, 2013 9:11 pm  #23

"IMO he chose her BECAUSE of that risk. He had planed to kill her in case she talkes to much just to show what a dangerous man he is."

like this theory!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

June 28, 2013 3:22 pm  #24

I found out interesting that Sherlock and John had a bit of a tiff when John pointed out that lives, real human lives are at stake, and Sherlock said something about will caring help, then I shall continue to not make that mistake. (paraphrasing).
And yet at the pool, he tells M that People have DIED!  to which jim replies that's what people DO!

So while solving the case, Sherlock understands that lives are at stake, but doesn't let the emotion interfere, while he knows, and CARES about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

June 28, 2013 3:24 pm  #25

Bleeping phone. Auto correct, and won't let me see what I've typed to correct it.
Sorry about typos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burn
Burn

June 28, 2013 5:57 pm  #26

When he says 'People have died' Sherlock is making a statement of fact. He must learn useful things about Moriarty by the extreme reaction he gets from him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 28, 2013 6:18 pm  #27

True, Moriarity is a puzzle, with many missing pieces  (darn those corner pieces) Each little piece Sherlock can put together will give him insight into how Moriarity ticks.

I still believe that he does at some level care that peoples lives are at stake, that fact is just so far down his list of interests that it doesn't really concern him at the time.  After he's solved the puzzles - he can allow himself to be a bit more human - John rubbing off on him a bit.

Burn
Burn

June 28, 2013 7:11 pm  #28

I think the blind lady was killed simply because she started to describe Moriarty's voice. My theory is that Moriarty at that point was already planning to blame all his crimes on Sherlock later. When the old Lady started to talk about his voice, Moriarty realised he had made a mistake when he had talked to her. Being blind, her hearing was probably good enough to be 100% sure that the voice she had heard could not have been Sherlock's. So she had to die.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

Board footera