BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2013 8:14 pm  #1881

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

...when you only use Baskerville Face font when writing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 20, 2013 9:02 pm  #1882

Mary Me wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

I could lend out my coat. No red buttonhole, but still......

Works as well if you turn your coat collar up so you look cool

I do! I do!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 20, 2013 9:30 pm  #1883

Mattlocked wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

I could lend out my coat. No red buttonhole, but still......

Works as well if you turn your coat collar up so you look cool

I do! I do!

Then you're qualified enough 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 21, 2013 12:18 pm  #1884

...when you do things you never do like
     enter a fan forum
     write posts
     watch star treck and wish the villian would succede.

Last edited by Be (March 21, 2013 12:20 pm)

March 21, 2013 2:52 pm  #1885

Be wrote:

enter a fan forum
     write posts

Exactly my thoughts. Could this time the villain please win? Or at least not be killed in the end?  I mean he seems to be a real bad guy but … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 21, 2013 3:55 pm  #1886

Be wrote:

enter a fan forum
     write posts

...AND finally send fanmail to "your star" although you're a (so-called) grown-up.

March 21, 2013 4:05 pm  #1887

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 22, 2013 6:02 am  #1888

SherlockHound wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Be wrote:

enter a fan forum
     write posts

...AND finally send fanmail to "your star" although you're a (so-called) grown-up.

I've been told that Andrew Scott is a very nice person to write to? At least a friend of mine received a fantastic handwritten letter by him plus a signed photo

Excuse me... **Grabs pen and paper**

================================================================

March 22, 2013 8:29 pm  #1889

Michele wrote:

SherlockHound wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

I've been told that Andrew Scott is a very nice person to write to? At least a friend of mine received a fantastic handwritten letter by him plus a signed photo

Excuse me... **Grabs pen and paper**

Gahhh!   No kidding!   I told myself I didn't want to get into that whole other crazy world of undertaking writing a ton of letters (not to mention putting it all together, if you include your own pics for them, and the recommended s.a.s.e.'s) to people I was addicted to but had no idea who this stranger girl was, with no certainty of results (and people seriously do make a hobby of it!)....  it's not exactly the same as getting to go to a signing or event and being there in person.  But sadly/jealously, being near anything like that was super unlikely, so yes, nothing wrong with writing someone your appreciation, from actors to authors, and I'm sure they love knowing they make a difference, and hopefully... hopefully, getting a reply (even if it might just be a promo pic from a pre-signed stack).  

With the small handful of people I loved enough to try writing to, I've gotten signed pics back from Tennant, Barrowman, the NCIS cast (mass-produced promo pic, but still), a couple musicians, and recently, I decided to try again with the Sherlock boys, especially after I heard the same thing of Andrew saying he thought all the lovely mail from his fans was so nice, and tried to write when he could.  Back around xmas, I sent notes/pics (and a s.a.s.e.!) to Cumberbatch, Freeman, Scott, and Graves.  So far, Graves has sent my picture back, signed to me!!!     A little wistful....  I'm thinking our main boys are super all-over-the-place for that kind of thing, even though I've seen pics of other people getting responses, but I'm hoping maybe Andrew at least, considering he says he tries to get to it, and just gotta give it time.  Would be so awesome if did...   Good luck to you as well!

(I guess that also counts on topic of being a ridiculous addict...  mm?  ;P  ;)  Unless I should also add making a 'mix' of music to give/share with a friend, and despite the quite different variety of everything else included, making absolutely sure there's some Sherlock and Hobbit stuff in there....  ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 22, 2013 9:30 pm  #1890

Give Andrew time. I'm pretty sure he will send you back something so long as he receives it in the first place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 22, 2013 9:30 pm  #1891

....you ask your 15 year old home-schooled daughter (who introduced you to Sherlock) to write a paper about Sherlock's forensic science methods in series one and two for her Forensic Science course.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

March 23, 2013 3:45 pm  #1892

...you buy this:

And then you fix this as locked screen:

And this as background:

And this as changing pictures frame:

Okay, the last two are my tomcat and Snape. And hubby isn't missing, either. 

March 23, 2013 4:21 pm  #1893

...when @Markgatiss posted a new tease-picture with a red shirt  and you think it is worth mentioning.
  (seriously, twitter explodes right now!!)

March 23, 2013 4:26 pm  #1894

Some are claiming it's the PSOS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 23, 2013 4:29 pm  #1895

Mattlocked, very nice indeed. Which of these curly guys is your hubby? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 23, 2013 4:31 pm  #1896

besleybean wrote:

Some are claiming it's the PSOS.

What's the PSOS?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 23, 2013 4:34 pm  #1897

PSoS, the famous Purple Shirt of Sex 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 23, 2013 4:35 pm  #1898

pathological sociopathy of Sherlockians?

March 23, 2013 4:36 pm  #1899

Harriet wrote:

PSoS, the famous Purple Shirt of Sex

Stupid me, what else could it have been?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 23, 2013 4:36 pm  #1900

Harriet wrote:

Mattlocked, very nice indeed. Which of these curly guys is your hubby? 

He likes to stay anonymos.  Findus the puss in boots doesn't care.

Board footera