BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2013 10:12 pm  #281

Re: Star Trek

New trailer... I don't know how to post a link, but it is easy to find it on you tube. Unfortunately, there is no Benedict's voice there (and there is not enought of BC on the whole, too much Kirk and Spock instead, sigh) but two new shots of a VERY handsome villain.
And here one of the reactions by the people who saw the screening of the first 30 minutes of ST:

"As for Benedict Cumberbatch, his portrayal of the film’s bad guy is so stunningly mesmerising that even if he turns out not to be Khan (as some fans suspect he really is), I predict the audience are going to love him anyway. "

"stunningly mesmerising"... I like it! 

March 9, 2013 10:33 pm  #282

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

March 9, 2013 10:40 pm  #283

Thanks for posting, tiharoa, that sounds amazing. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 9, 2013 10:41 pm  #284

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

March 10, 2013 7:10 am  #285

Hi tiharoa, thank's for the link. Actually it was not the text I quoted: mine was:

http://www.seenit.co.uk/star-trek-into-darkness-the-best-trek-ever/0326229/

That means TWO article using adjective "mesmerising". Well...
Thank's for the other link, too!

Last edited by miriel68 (March 10, 2013 7:11 am)

March 19, 2013 1:49 pm  #286

The German premiere has been moved up to 29 April in Berlin! According to this source Benedict will attend. 

http://www.redcarpetreports.de/2013/ankundigung/star-trek-into-darkness-feiert-ende-april-premiere/

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 19, 2013 1:59 pm  #287

...and the local Cineplex in my area does not even consider a midnight premiere on Wednesday 8th!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 19, 2013 2:47 pm  #288

Lucky you! ( green with envy...)

March 20, 2013 7:29 am  #289

March 20, 2013 11:48 am  #290

"Into Brickness" ! Ha, Ha!  I have a couple of step-grandkids who would love this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 21, 2013 7:14 am  #291

I just suffered a heart attack. You've been warned. 

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrekintodarkness/

March 21, 2013 7:23 am  #292

Haven't time now, will catch up later...before I catch up with Neverwhere!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 21, 2013 12:23 pm  #293

here is the link to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOQMXNwp8wo

heart attack: well said! 

March 21, 2013 4:05 pm  #294

Ha! This video is great... I am a little worried though that I'll be too busy thinking, 'what is Sherlock doing in space?' when watching Star Trek... if only Season 3 had given my fix already so I could concentrate...

March 21, 2013 4:48 pm  #295

I don't think so, not at all. I've quite a few of his films and every time he becomes a totally different person. That's what brilliant acting is about. Just compare Sherlock and e.g. Third Star. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 21, 2013 10:20 pm)

March 22, 2013 4:17 pm  #296

SusiGo wrote:

I just suffered a heart attack. You've been warned. 

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrekintodarkness/

*chills. bad-ass like shaft. the anti-hero to end all anti-heros, i think. (that's gonna be one heck of a viewing audience: trekkies, summer-movie thrill seekers, fangirlies, little old ladies who watch PBS, oh my )

March 22, 2013 4:33 pm  #297

omg omg omg omg...I have never in my entire life squealed like a fangirl, but I'm doing it now. I really loved the first one, but this one...with the melted-chocolate-voice-of-sex is just going to be fantastic! Thank you for posting that trailer, Maggie!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

March 22, 2013 6:01 pm  #298

Hold up! Susi posted the trailers--i just put in my two cents. There.

March 22, 2013 6:13 pm  #299

SherlockHound wrote:

It does look pretty amazing... will it be hard for anyone here to seperate B.C. from Sherlock though? Will you be thinking "Sherlock in Space" the whole time watching Star Trek? :D

Nope. That's what I like about Benedict and Martin as well. In each of their films they play totally different characters. You know, while watching The Hobbit, Bilbo was Bilbo for me and I didn't think for one second: "Hey there, John!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 22, 2013 6:55 pm  #300

Mary Me wrote:

SherlockHound wrote:

It does look pretty amazing... will it be hard for anyone here to seperate B.C. from Sherlock though? Will you be thinking "Sherlock in Space" the whole time watching Star Trek? :D 

Nope. That's what I like about Benedict and Martin as well. In each of their films they play totally different characters. You know, while watching The Hobbit, Bilbo was Bilbo for me and I didn't think for one second: "Hey there, John!" 

Ha, yes....   Okay, I will admit my excited fan mind did bounce a little bit between 'hey!! It's Sherlock!  It's Ben!/ It's John!  It's Martin!  so neat!!' just from hardly seeing them in many movies, and just being so cool to see a favorite of yours in something completely different now, and seeing how they change into it.  Then, it's just that.  They totally change into it, and that brief moment is gone, completely swept away by their awesome skill into being the other character, whether it was Guillam or Bilbo.  Great, isn't it? 

Although it was funny, I do think Martin had one moment like that, where I couldn't help grinning at seeing a bit of the 'Martin' under the 'Bilbo', with how he played an expressive gesture very much like himself, and the same way he had played it through John.  The part where he's sitting with Gandalf, not wanting to take part in all the craziness.  That stern/mixed expression with a pointed gesture and certain little pause/tilt of the head when he goes on about how he is 'a Baggins!' who don't do that stuff... very much reminded me of his very similar glance/reaction/gesture when John is sitting with Mycroft in TRF, upset with him for selling out his brother...  remember?   Or is it just me...       

(oh, and...   uh, ahem....  'heart attack', no kidding..... if any actor/character quirks will be distracting for me when I finally get to see this film, it might be his voice....     )

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera