BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 16, 2012 3:58 pm  #1

Did Sherlock Holmes ever kill someone?

I´ve read the entire canon twice now, but I can`t remember if there is a story in which Holmes is forced to take someone's life or in which such action is mentioned. Do you?

I'm just wondering because if there is, I would like to adapt the incident for my fanfic, but I can't find the time to re-read all of it again. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 16, 2012 7:44 pm  #2

Re: Did Sherlock Holmes ever kill someone?

I think Holmes never killed anyone intentionally. As for Moriarty's death, I'm not sure what to say. In the case of the little islander in The Sign of Four, it's a matter of self defence.  Any way he was ready to kill by all means the villain in The Three Garridebs, if the latter had killed Watson

December 16, 2012 9:11 pm  #3

Thank you, that was exactly the information I was looking for. With the islander, it was said that Holmes and Watson fired the same time, wasn't it? I will skim it again later. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 17, 2012 12:26 pm  #4

You're right. They fired the same time.

January 24, 2013 1:07 pm  #5

I always imagined that he might have killed someone on the Great Hiatus, but that of course, is never documented so it's not canon. He definitely doesn't in the canon, no. I love the bit where he threatens Evans though for shooting at Watson. Such a bad ass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 17, 2013 7:07 pm  #6

Can anybody please stop this? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 17, 2013 7:17 pm  #7

What's up? Why do we get so many trolls recently? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 17, 2013 7:34 pm  #8

That's a really annoying one - especially when he pushes up a topic which has one of my grammar mistakes in the title.

March 17, 2013 7:41 pm  #9

Davina knows it already, and it will be banned.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 17, 2013 9:05 pm  #10

Fine. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 17, 2013 11:25 pm  #11

Banned and spammy message deleted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 18, 2013 5:37 am  #12

Thank you!

Board footera