BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 15, 2012 1:08 pm  #1

Speedy's closed today

Police have closed North Gower Street this afternoon due to a suspicious vehicle. A car in an underground car park with something wired into lighter socket. As a result Speedy's cafe is closed. Let's just hope it's a phone recharger or satnav wire eh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 15, 2012 3:36 pm  #2

Re: Speedy's closed today

It has now reopened - thankfully..

Two bomb scares in a day today - Moriarty must be planning something lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

May 15, 2012 3:38 pm  #3

Anthea_MI6 wrote:

Two bomb scares in a day today - Moriarty must be planning something lol

They keep running out of pineapple slices before I can get there; needs must!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 15, 2012 6:05 pm  #4

I suspected something of the sort!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 16, 2012 12:00 am  #5

Jim'll fix it. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 16, 2012 6:13 am  #6

May 16, 2012 6:00 pm  #7

For m0r

www.delmonte.com/products/detail.aspx?id=37&c=215.220

Hope the link works. Enjoy!

May 16, 2012 6:26 pm  #8

Well the man from Del Monte always says yes and so thanks!

However I was picturing in my mind a pastry from my youth, it's seemingly impossible to find quickly on the web but this is fairly close:

Only instead of apple it was pineapple and it was topped with yellow icing sugar.

They were called 'Pineapple slices' and you could buy them alongside 'Empire biscuits' and 'Eiffel Tower cakes' (And obviously strawberry tarts!)

Might be a Glasgow thing - who knows!

Thanks for the slices Davina, I'll pop them on a pizza 

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 16, 2012 6:48 pm  #9

Cue Hawaiian music!

Board footera