BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2013 7:28 pm  #41

Re: Series 4 Confirmed!!

Still not over it.

I don't think I'll ever be over it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 15, 2013 1:09 am  #42

Excuse me while I run around screaming with excitment for the next few months!!! YAAAAAAY!!!!!!

================================================================

March 15, 2013 3:22 pm  #43

Well, Benedict didn't really say that there was going to be a season 4... He was actually just joking around. In reality, he "genuinely doesn't know".
But I guess it's too late to take that back since the whole fandom exploded. Now, Moffat and Gatiss are forced to work on the next series. Oh, Benedict...
....God I love this fandom. XD

Last edited by Jayhan (March 15, 2013 3:22 pm)

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"The Sherlock show is the equivalent of a pack of chips, a box full of popcorn or an assortment of the finest Swiss chocolate; once you start, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP. EVER. IT'S THAT GOOD." quoted by me when trying to convince my friends to watch the show.

If you want to check out my music works, here's my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JayhanTheMusician?feature=mhee
If you like my works, then like my facebook page ;D : https://www.facebook.com/Julia.Jayhan.Handschin

March 16, 2013 7:45 am  #44

He did say, "all I know is, I'm doing these three and three more." That's three more episodes ie. another series.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 16, 2013 10:48 am  #45

I listened to the interview. He said "I think we agreed to do two (series) more, but I could go into trouble for saying it to the national press. I genuinely don't know. All I know is that we are doing these three". And in fact, apparently he got into trouble with Mofftiss and company. Gosh, it must be so stressful never being able to be yourself because every word you say will be picked up and amplified  That being said, I do think there will be series 4 as well, but obviously they don't want the people to think about it yet or take it for granted.

March 16, 2013 11:22 am  #46

Meehhh. I feel sorry for Benedict. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 16, 2013 11:35 am  #47

I think he knew what he was doing. Sort of. Talking too much seems to be one of his most endearings flaws. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 16, 2013 11:43 am  #48

Mary Me wrote:

Meehhh. I feel sorry for Benedict. 

I don't. 
He grew up with acting parents, he knows what he's doing. And if not - well.................... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 16, 2013 11:47 am  #49

And just think of the pleasure he gave us all. Tumblr. Twitter. No need to be sorry for that. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 16, 2013 12:08 pm  #50

I'm totally relating to Ben right now.  A few times at work I've said something that seemed minor, or that slipped out in the course of a conversation, only to have it blow up in my face. I know how it can make you feel - like you never want to open your mouth in public again. Anyway, what's the problem?  Are they gonna have a cliffhanger everytime at the end of E3 where it appears he's dead? Come on!  They've already said publically that if everyone is available they'd like to make this show for years to come.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 16, 2013 12:53 pm  #51

Well, I feel sorry for him, too. Ok, he is an actor and has acting parents and so on, but still, being sincere and spontaneous is one of his most endearing treats (to me) and it's a pity it should backfire on him so often. I saw his "bactracking" explanation on season 4 and he seemed to me very nervous and stressed, obviously he has been given quite a scolding for forwarding this. And he did say "I think" "I genuinely don't know" even the first time he mentioned it.

March 16, 2013 12:59 pm  #52

Can we still look forward a fourth series or can we not? I'm confused now.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 16, 2013 1:10 pm  #53

I think 8and hope) we can. I don't think it was pure imagination on his side.
@mirirel and KP: I like that about him. Makes him seem quite honest even if sometimes it brings him into trouble. But he'll be forgiven, I'm quite sure. 

March 16, 2013 2:56 pm  #54

Mary Me wrote:

He said he and Martin had "signed" for the next series, didn't he?  Or am I imagining that?  Backtracking now does not change that - unless they nullify the contract.  And why ever would the do that!??!  If he said something that's going to ruin a surprise at the end of S3, then f***king re-write it, Moftiss! 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 16, 2013 2:59 pm  #55

KeepersPrice wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

He said he and Martin had "signed" for the next series, didn't he? Or am I imagining that? Backtracking now does not change that - unless they nullify the contract. And why ever would the do that!??! If he said something that's going to ruin a surprise at the end of S3, then f***king re-write it, Moftiss!

Did he really? Thought it was just valid for series 3. But I'm too confused at the moment.
Well, that's good news anyway. Relieved.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 17, 2013 8:43 am  #56

Oh so our sweetie had a big mouth!:-) in a way I can understand they are angry with him, the show is highly popular and there should be a lot of marketing strategies around. Maybe they wanted people to think S3 being the last one to increase the number of watchers or something like that, what do we know. But Ben should be happy because he had pleased soo many people :-*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 17, 2013 8:51 am  #57

Hubby just suggested that the sentence for his indiscretion will be: In S4 Lestrade will solve all the cases! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 17, 2013 8:53 am  #58

Alone?? Impossible. AND boring.    S4 without SH? 

March 17, 2013 8:55 am  #59

I guess according to hubby they make him WATCH Lestrade, with a few hapless lines: "I have no hint, Greg...."

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 17, 2013 9:04 am  #60

And S5 will be called "LESTRADE" then. 

Board footera