BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 14, 2012 8:34 am  #21

Re: Festivals

Harriet wrote:

Thanks for posting, really cool!  I have a few ideas for a Sherlock Rangoli now, too 
Apples, scarfs, violins - maybe next year? 

It's going to be too long a wait till next Diwali .. So, i am thinking about making it soon..maybe by new year
The violin idea is cooool.. Thanks for suggesting!!! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

November 14, 2012 9:50 am  #22

Your parents will be happy to have such a creative daughter     - and share the pictures with us!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 14, 2012 10:45 am  #23

Yeah and at the same time, they're going to wonder which God is it that I am drawing ;)
Sure, i will share the pics whenever i make it!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

November 14, 2012 12:36 pm  #24

Pink mobile phone? Perhaps a whip too?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 15, 2012 7:53 am  #25

hehe..Thanks all for the ideas..
I m definitely going to make one during Christmas or New year!

And talking about the festivals, there's another festival in India today... A major one and it's off in schools and some offices today because of that. Although I don't celebrate it but this festival is called "Bhaai Dooj" (Bhaai means brother, and Dooj means 2nd date in the lunar calendar). Sisters put a "Tilak" (red mark) on their brothers' forehead and the brothers take an oath or something to protect their sisters always.

There's another more popular brother-sister festival in Indian called, Rakshabandhan, (celebrated in July or August) which my family celebrates. It's about tying a 'Raakhi' (a wrist band like, a friendship band) on your brother's wrist and then he is supposed to give a gift to his sister. I don't have a real brother, but we celebrate it with our cousins.

Last edited by monitaa (November 15, 2012 7:59 am)

March 16, 2013 11:54 am  #26

It's St. Patrick's Day tomorrow (I'm out the country for a week as of tomorrow so I'm posting this early). So happy, happy St. Patrick's Day to all Irish members and those who are of Irish descent! Slainte!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 16, 2013 12:32 pm  #27

Have a nice holiday, Davina! Hope to see you on the 25th. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera